Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin (15332 Views)

Cult War In Rivers: 16 Killed In Shootout / Cult War: MAPOLY Student Shot Dead.. / Edo Cult War: Members Bury Slain Victim (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by badboym: 3:30pm On Feb 26, 2009
http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/25022009/news/news1.html

Thank God say I no dey live this Kain life again.
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2009
BENIN CITY– No fewer than eight persons were feared dead yesterday, bringing to 16, the number of those killed within six days in the renewed cult clashes in Benin metropolis.

Among those killed yesterday was a 55 year -old man, identified as Eze, gunned down at a relaxation spot along Ogbelaka where he had possibly gone to cool down.

He was said to have gone their in a metallic black Pathfinder Jeep with registration number FV 825 ABC.

Although, Mr. Eze’s killing is yet to be linked to the on-going cult battle in the city, sources disclosed that three armed men appeared from the blues, walked – up to him and shoot him in the chest at close range.

Other victims said to be in their prime were killed at different locations in the state capital with three at Evbuotubu, two at Ugbowo, and two along Sikuko Road before Textile Mill Road junction.

Sadly, between Wednesday last week and yesterday, police in Benin metropolis have reportedly recovered about 14 bodies from street corners and school compounds used as battle grounds by the rampaging cult groups.

Last weekend, over five persons were also killed in GRA and Ekenwan areas of the city by the gansters who it was gathered, trailed their victims to where they were finally killed.
The incident which created fear of insecurity among residents of the city, had also paralysed night life as most relaxation centres now close before dusk.

Although no one knows what actually triggered the present war between two cult groups identified as Eiye and Confraternities, The NIGERIAN OBSERVER however gathered that the group had vowed to take the war to the door of the last member of their rival.

Benin City remains a safe haven for cultists despite countless police’s promises to rid the state of cultists.

It will be recalled that the former Assistant Inspector – General of Police (AIG), Zone 5, Prince Udom Ekpoudom, during a familiarisation visit to Police Command and Divisions in the state last February, stated that “any cultists caught with firearms should be treated as an armed robber,” adding that the Inspector – General of Police (IG), Mr. Mike Okiro had mandated that cultism should be dealt with head – on by the police.

Barely two weeks after his visit, the state Police Command paraded 25 suspected cultists arrested during a raid of a hotel along Agbor Road in Benin City, but how the suspects found their way back to the streets, days after their parade, remains an unresolved puzzle.
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by mamagee3(f): 5:37pm On Mar 06, 2010
I always saw the signs of a serious war that's about to befall us.
Oh lawd, Come and help our petty country named Nigeria. . .
It's becoming something else, I don't even want to start remembering
those thieves we call president and leaders who rule our nation for money and our taxes. . .
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by skfa1: 5:43pm On Mar 06, 2010
Whats going on in Benin this days? God Help.
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by Rothstein: 10:28am On Mar 07, 2010
i thot this story was in the news last year 2009?
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by Dclique(m): 4:04pm On Mar 12, 2010
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by Dclique(m): 4:08pm On Mar 12, 2010
Benin City is one of the most dangerous towns in the country when it comes to cultism.
The youth of that town are really jobless. When one person goes down, all must follow.
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by misanho: 5:33pm On Mar 12, 2010
Die dogs die,
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by Dimka76(m): 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2010
Bside na die!

No go area.

So people still dey dat town?
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2010
Benin and cultism is synonymous. All these are caused by idleness.
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by webbjamie(m): 9:45pm On Apr 10, 2010
I wonder wat will happen wen skool resumes,God help us dis semester.
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by Simplefemo(m): 10:11pm On Apr 10, 2010
Please God save your people.
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by sundayogor(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2010
thank God say i no de liv for benin and jos wea be say na every time then the fight. even if they das me house there i no go live there at all
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by tubolancer(m): 9:33pm On Nov 25, 2010
I pray it doesnt spill over to ekpoma and other states.there are many guys in benin and they like to belong to several group,guys there suffer from inferiority problem so they tend to belong to group and unleashed terror upon themselves,cultism reigns in benin and ekpoma.
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by nedra: 7:24am On Nov 26, 2010
Benin,d nigerian iraq
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 26, 2010
For many of U in this kind of messy lifstyl, hand ur life over to christ now or find a way 2 spread d gospel 2 Benin 'cos HELL IS GETTING MORE POPULATED daily. God help Benin.
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by Okijajuju1(m): 2:09am On Nov 28, 2010
^^^ And for those of you who are ignorant of the reason why most of these folks join cults in the first place had better shut the fu(k up!

Benin has more churches than cults!
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by Reality001(m): 9:10am On Nov 28, 2010
that 1 na their headache
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by papa014: 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2011
Edo boys grow  up stop killing your self for no reason, u guys are killing your future by u kill one another for no reason, come to think of if, have u ever asked your self why i am killing my brother? let me answer that for u if u cant, ignorance and stupidity, u kill your cousin, your brother and your friend just for being in a different color, which makes no sense, confraternity is not to kill one another, those of u that ar so foolish doing the killings, has any member of your confraternity ever called u and ask u what u want to become in life? rather they will call u to  kill for them, using u as fools, wake up, their kids are schooling abroad .  what is wrong if your confraternity has the best doctors, lawyers, or business men, why not  turn this killing or counting of scores like u say to which confraternity has the richest men and show love among them selves in Benin than killing your selves, please my dear brothers, stop the killing, i was a member of the said cult, i know what i am saying wake up brothers and please stop this fools act. Stop the killing.
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by micklplus(m): 8:42am On Jan 15, 2011
^^
WeLl said!
Unfortunately, they won't listen now until its too late. Is there any good gain in cultism? Ask me and I will tell NO! Drop the weapons
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by ukcatlover(m): 11:03am On Jan 15, 2011
@michelin89. THIS ARTICLE IS LAST 2 YEARS ARTICLES. TRY AND CONFIRM BEFORE POSTING. ALTHOUGH THERE IS WAR AT BENIN CITY BUT THE ARTICLE  YOU POST IS MIS-LEADING PEOPLE.

THE WAR IS STILL ON, PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ARTICLE BEFORE POSTING AT NL
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2011
believe me when i say that not everyone that joined one gang or the other intended to, so dont just jump into making conclusive statements, dont judge just hope that i u have a brother, cousin, nephew or step bro, that he doesnt get misled, and even if he does, that he survives to graduate and tell u the story over bottles of beer, its not an experience i wish on anybody, but i do hope young men out there learn the truth!!! its all about money my brothers, its about your dues, your fines, and instilling enough fear in u so when one idiot with a so called rank says jump! your only reply is how high!!! pls dont make the mistake sooo many peeps havbe made, the night mares never go away, u will always remember the horrible things u did in the name of being a hard guy, just try and stop yourself, b4 a bullet stops u!!! please ,tranfer, leave the school, do whatever it takes my brothers but pls leave confra!!! i know what i am saying, because if or when the u do graduate out here is a very diferent world, your eyes get clearer no bros who is a director in chevron will employ u automatically, no one who knew u back then will ever trust u, the whole world will turn their backs on u, even your fellow men, every man for himself. Do u know those who really are enjoying life afdter school? the so called Ju men! the guys who never entered bush!! those are the guys who were the smart ones not thos who were foolish enough to enter bush!!!
gradution will not be an escape, because every seed you sow will bear fruit and germinate!! please leave confra!! it is better u leave school go home and write jamb again, or start in open university or get a job and start distance learning, do whatever it takes!! but PLEASE LEAVE CONFRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by micklplus(m): 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2011
Lestat, helep tell them once again oooooo. I pray they listen!
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 19, 2011
Surugede
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by Obinoscopy(m): 12:01pm On Jul 30, 2012
Cultism is a way of life in Benin. It has extended beyond the four walls of the university into the city. This is really pathetic.

Nevertheless, Benin is still a nice place to be in. I've stayed in Benin for a while and I enjoyed my stay then. They are jovial and hospitable. But this Cultism issue is like a curse in that State. I pray it ends.
Re: Cult War: Eight Persons Feared Killed In Benin by besttools74: 12:24am On Sep 06, 2013
Guy these are all bunch of crap, aye are trouble makers thats why i hate them, they always intimidate.. Eiye doesn't have time to make trouble we are spiritually you look for an Eiye man trouble you wont have peace in you you might end up die like a chicken or killed by the person you make trouble with. The world is spiritual n d spiritual controls d physical, aye are living in d physical world only if your eyes can be opened to see the spiritual you wouldn't slap a 10 years old boy. We prey on the earth surface you are one of our prey anytime a bird shit on your head u r doomed for u don't regard the bird as ur superior but for everybody who regard the bird as a supernatural creature n superior to most creature you receive a blessing when this happen. Aye will continue to move in darkness till dey drop in there hole! One more tin aye dey Spread hiv/aids they do blood oath all there members must drink each other blood one time or the other.

2 all my rugged spiritual brothers, prey on the earth forever, may jkjk plug the eyes of ur enemies, u shall F.S n all H.S who observe d life of a bird will want 2 be ur G.S. I remain world peecker ticknest n acting peecker cocoa petch. F.S

(1) (Reply)

Three Naval Personnel Dismissed For Stealing Equipment In Warri / 40 Killed In Fresh Attack In Zamfara Community / Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.