Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House (2461 Views)

Ladies Attend Prophet Elvis Mbonye's Dinner Event Braless (Photos) / ​Stephanie Otobo Holds An Interview With TVC News, Exposes Apostle Suleman More / A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by Rilwon: 11:06am On Jun 23, 2015
President Barack Obama spoke out against religious
prejudice Monday at a White House dinner celebrating
the start of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.
Several members of the diplomatic community,
lawmakers and Muslim Americans were on hand for a
traditional Iftar dinner, which follows daily fasting from
dawn to sunset.

Obama said the Iftar dinner is a reminder of "the
freedoms that bind us together as Americans,"
including the "inviolable right to practice our faiths
freely." He recognized a number of young Muslim
American activists in the audience, including Samantha
Elauf, who successfully won a Supreme Court case to
defend her right to wear a hijab, or headscarf, after
she was rejected for a sales job at a retail clothing
store.

He condemned a number of recent deadly incidents
involving religion, including last week's mass shooting
at an African American church in Charleston, South
Carolina. "When our values are threatened, we come
together as one nation," the president said. "As
Americans, we insist that nobody should be targeted
because of who they are, or what they look like, who
they love, how they worship. We stand united against
these hateful acts."

Obama also recognized the refugee crisis triggered by
the ongoing violent uprisings in the Middle East, as
well as the plight of Myanmar's Rohingya Muslims
escaping persecution in their country.

"So tonight, we keep in our prayers those who are
suffering around the world, including those marking
Ramadan in areas of conflict and deprivation and
hunger. The people of Iraq and Syria as they push back
on the barbarity of ISIL. The people of Yemen and
Libya, who are seeking an end to ongoing violence and
instability. Those fleeing war and hardship in boats
across the Mediterranean. The people of Gaza, still
recovering from last year’s conflict. The Rohingya in
Myanmar, including migrants at sea, whose human
rights must be upheld," he said.
http://m.voanews.com/a/obama-holds-iftar-dinner-at-white-house-promotes-religious-tolerance/2833529.html
Re: Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by kestolove95(m): 11:10am On Jun 23, 2015
Barrack obomba
Re: Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by angieberry(f): 11:11am On Jun 23, 2015
^^^^^^^^
Shut up
Re: Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by johnydon22(m): 11:30am On Jun 23, 2015
As an igbo man, in an igbo man's voice and accent. .
Aaaaaah dontu bulivitu, pishuuuuuuuuuur or, ekwerom grin grin
Re: Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by Rilwon: 11:49am On Jun 23, 2015
johnydon22:
As an igbo man, in an igbo man's voice and accent. .

Aaaaaah dontu bulivitu, pishuuuuuuuuuur or, ekwerom grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVeMrbOb1hg
Re: Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by Rilwon: 11:53am On Jun 23, 2015
"Together, we can overcome ignorance and prejudice. Together, we will overcome conflict and injustice - not just with words, but with deeds. With what a hero of mine, civil rights icon John Lewis, calls using our feet - getting out in the real world to organise and to create the change that we seek," he said. "That is what so many of you do every single day. And that is what we have to continue to do together here in America and around the world. As the Quran teaches, let us answer with "Peace", Obama adde
Re: Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by johnydon22(m): 11:57am On Jun 23, 2015
Rilwon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVeMrbOb1hg
Great that pretty much proves it, i believe it now grin
Re: Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by menesheh(m): 1:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
johnydon22:
Great that pretty much proves it, i believe it now grin

what are ur reasons for believing it now.

i watched the video i only saw pictures of Obama and people dinning together.

I didn't hear Obama speaking but just third part speaker interpreting those pictures.
Re: Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
Obama is either being naive or just trying to be politically correct. Islam in it's purest form as established by it's evil prophet is the root cause of global terrorism. The terrorist are only practising pure islam, if you want to eradicate terrorism, eradicate islam.
Re: Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by parisbookaddict(f): 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
Jagoon:
Obama is either being naive or just trying to be politically correct. Islam in it's purest form as established by it's evil prophet is the root cause of global terrorism. The terrorist are only practising pure islam, if you want to eradicate terrorism, eradicate islam.

In the past I used to be upset by president mubarack Hussein obama's political correctness and naivete , but the truth is that he can't declear war or be confrontational with muslims and Islam.

As long as he is ordering US bombs and troops to kill troublesome Muslims I can't complain.

He Warns Israel about their bombing of Gaza but still gives them billions in aid, I can't complain.

Mind u he was a muslim at some point in his life and needs the sunni saudi's to ward off the shia Iranians, so its understandable he takes his current good cop bad cop approach.
Re: Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by true2god: 8:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
parisbookaddict:

In the past I used to be upset by president mubarack Hussein obama's political correctness and naivete , but the truth is that he can't declear war or be confrontational with muslims and Islam.

As long as he is ordering US bombs and troops to kill troublesome Muslims I can't complain.

He Warns Israel about their bombing of Gaza but still gives them billions in aid, I can't complain.

Mind u he was a muslim at some point in his life and needs the sunni saudi's to ward off the shia Iranians, so its understandable he takes his current good cop bad cop approach.
I think obama is still a muslim till date. In his book, THE AUDACITY OF HOPE, he said and I qoute:

'If the political wind (in america) blows in an ugly direction, i will stand by the muslims'.

In one of his famous qoutes he said: 'the future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam'. He also said, 'the sweetest sound I have ever heard is the muslims' call to prayer'.

Barrack hussein obama is a great altaqiyya artsit who is in the white house to promote islam and destroy christianity in america. Under obama, america border was widely opened for millions of muslim immigrant and CAIR became most active in american politics.
Re: Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by parisbookaddict(f): 8:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
true2god:
I think obama is still a muslim till date. In his book, THE AUDACITY OF HOPE, he said and I qoute:

'If the political wind (in america) blows in an ugly direction, i will stand by the muslims'.

In one of his famous qoutes he said: 'the future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam'. He also said, 'the sweetest sound I have ever heard is the muslims' call to prayer'.

Barrack hussein obama is a great altaqiyya artsit who is in the white house to promote islam and destroy christianity in america. Under obama, america border was widely opened for millions of muslim immigrant and CAIR became most active in american politics.

I am counting down till that fellow leaves the white house.. Bush was like Goodluck Jonathan, clueless and foolish. Americans embraced a sweet talking fellow who claims to be a former Muslim Now Christian (a Christian who embraces homosexuality and abortion) and he has done so much to bring Muslims to a stronger position in US politics including the wahabism Muslim influence in American Muslim society..

CAIR has Grown but the organization is an embarrassment.. Lol.. It's always one scandal after another.. Some of its leaders are under investigation.. The organization will eventually be proscribed..

Worry not my friend, like the exmuslim son of Hamas says islam will fail..
Re: Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by Demmzy15(m): 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
These small boys and a girl above me no get work, Christians practicing Altakkiyah since the time of Apostle Paul! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by Demmzy15(m): 9:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
parisbookaddict:

I am counting down till that fellow leaves the white house.. Bush was like Goodluck Jonathan, clueless and foolish. Americans embraced a sweet talking fellow who claims to be a former Muslim Now Christian (a Christian who embraces homosexuality and abortion) and he has done so much to bring Muslims to a stronger position in US politics including the wahabism Muslim influence in American Muslim society..

CAIR has Grown but the organization is an embarrassment.. Lol.. It's always one scandal after another.. Some of its leaders are under investigation.. The organization will eventually be proscribed..

Worry not my friend, like the exmuslim son of Hamas says islam will fail..
The guy said Islam would be destroyed in the NEXT 10YEARS, he made this statement around 2006 and this is 2015, we're waiting patiently for that calamity! grin Bunch Of Illiterates!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by parisbookaddict(f): 8:12am On Jun 24, 2015
Demmzy15:

The guy said Islam would be destroyed in the NEXT 10YEARS, he made this statement around 2006 and this is 2015, we're waiting patiently for that calamity! grin Bunch Of Illiterates!

I haven't seen a video he said ten years... if he did, he was perhaps a bit optimistic... But in 2006 there was no Arab spring.., Egypt had a strong Islamic society with the Islamic society hoping to sieze from the secular president, same with turkey and Tunisia, the Taliban was all the rage etc

But today the Muslim brotherhood has been kicked out of Egypt after siezing power, turkeys Muslims ruling party has lost a lot of seat in the parliament. and will likely not govern after the end of the current conservative muslim PMs tenure, ISIS has attracted radical Muslims from all over the world and are being bombed straight to hell, the Arab spring has destabilized several Islamic countries and has exposed the problems with Islamic society and of course more people are learning about Islam and exposing it..Libya has collapsed, Yemen has collapsed.. I for one didn't know how sordid islam was in 2006...

According to a research I read recently more Muslims are leaving islam because of isis and carnage in the Islamic world

So islam is in decline my friend, it isn't dead yet nor do I expect to to completely Die due to Islamic polygamy and rabid breeding by u Muslims but that's okay as long as it declines more and more every year..

1 Like

Re: Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House by Demmzy15(m): 2:13am On Jun 25, 2015
parisbookaddict:

I haven't seen a video he said ten years... if he did, he was perhaps a bit optimistic... But in 2006 there was no Arab spring.., Egypt had a strong Islamic society with the Islamic society hoping to sieze from the secular president, same with turkey and Tunisia, the Taliban was all the rage etc
So with is garbage you've written up there, are you trying to say the words of son of Hamas are coming true?! sad lol, Egypt has always been a secular state even though it's a Muslim majority country. I seriously don't get the point you're driving at?! Taliban was ousted in 2001, probably when son of Hamas was still thinking of being a sick pathetic suicide bomber!

Turkey's Islamic party has been winning elections since 2002,it was formed in 2001. The current President and Prime Minister are both from this party, they control more than half of the parliament. In fact the Islamic values of Turkey is returning under this party, so what point exactly are driving at from Turkey?! sad

Tunisia a majority Muslim country, but has always been controlled by the secularists! So what happened to Tunisia?! sad
parisbookaddict:

But today the Muslim brotherhood has been kicked out of Egypt after siezing power, turkeys Muslims ruling party has lost a lot of seat in the parliament. and will likely not govern after the end of the current conservative muslim PMs tenure,
[size=15pt]TAKIYYAH ALERT[/size] you're busted lying, this what the 'Justice And Development Party' in which people accuse of Islamising Turkey control in the government: The President(Former leader), Prime Minister(Current leader), Parliament(258/550), Metropolitan municipalities(18/30), District municipalities(800/1351), Provincial councillors(779/1251).

The Muslim brotherhood was overthrown because of their policies in Egypt! Your points are politically inclined!
parisbookaddict:

ISIS has attracted radical Muslims from all over the world and are being bombed straight to hell, the Arab spring has destabilized several Islamic countries and has exposed the problems with Islamic society and of course more people are learning about Islam and exposing it..Libya has collapsed, Yemen has collapsed.. I for one didn't know how sordid islam was in 2006...
Islam still dey kampe!!! No shaking, all this are politics. Just like Ukraine, would you blame Christianity?! Even ISIS sprung out due to politics. Religion and politics and two different entities.
@emboldened, so you and your Nairaland evangelism crew think you're exposing Islam?! I laugh at your hypocrisy and stupidity, you're all losers.
parisbookaddict:

According to a research I read recently more Muslims are leaving islam because of isis and carnage in the Islamic world
I guess the survey was carried out by one mushroom Christian evangelical losers. By the way, gimme the name of the nonsense survey!
parisbookaddict:

So islam is in decline my friend, it isn't dead yet nor do I expect to to completely Die due to Islamic polygamy and rabid breeding by u Muslims but that's okay as long as it declines more and more every year..
Lol, you and your missionaries are declining daily. The beauty of Islam keeps glowing and there's nothing you can do about that. Christians of the past tried to destroy Islam, but they couldn't. So you're no match and I tell you that more and more would convert to this great religion. Better watch your family and friends closely, they might be Muslims soon! tongue

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Myths Of Evolution Debunked / Could Jewish Success Be Evidence Of The Existence Of Yahweh / Do Miracles Still Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.