Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,643 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

What Is The Best Answer For This Interview Question? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Best Answer For This Interview Question? (1471 Views)

Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? / How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. / Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Answer For This Interview Question? by DJEhimond(m): 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
Few weeks ago, an interviewer asked me "How many cars are there in Lagos?". Although, I tried my best to give an answer but I don't really know how well.

Any suggestion?
Re: What Is The Best Answer For This Interview Question? by missKiffy(f): 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
The interviewer is insane

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Answer For This Interview Question? by obinna2nv(m): 7:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
missKiffy:

He's kidding right? Or is the job with LASTMA? Or motor traffic division of the police? Or Is it for Road safety? Bottom line is, the interviewer is a joker.
Re: What Is The Best Answer For This Interview Question? by DJEhimond(m): 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
missKiffy:
Lolz grin
Re: What Is The Best Answer For This Interview Question? by DJEhimond(m): 8:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
obinna2nv:

He's kidding right? Or is the job with LASTMA? Or motor traffic division of the police? Or Is it for Road safety? Bottom line is, the interviewer is a joker.

None of the above. Was really a funny questionn, only that I couldn't bring myself to laugh out. But seriously, I believe there is a nice answer for such question.
Re: What Is The Best Answer For This Interview Question? by whytepawn1(m): 1:08am On Jun 24, 2015
just tell him that there are lots of cars in Lagos.
Re: What Is The Best Answer For This Interview Question? by phyllosilicate(m): 4:50am On Jun 24, 2015
The interviewer isn't insane, he just want to see the way you think to make an educated guess. This is how I may answer the question.
I would asked for a short time to think, then say:
There are about 20 million people in lagos, and average lagos family has 5 people (parents and 3 children). This would give us approximately 4 million family units.

I would like to use my street as a reference point, can I? He should mostly likely say yes.

My street is an average lagos street, it has 20 family units and 12 cars (this include both the private and official cars). This means that the ration of cars to family units in lagos is 3:5. Since we have approximately 4 million families in lagos, we should have approximately 2.4 million cars.

I didn't get the exact number, but I tried to answer logically, this is what the interviewer wants to see.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Answer For This Interview Question? by DJEhimond(m): 5:02am On Jun 24, 2015
whytepawn1:
just tell him that there are lots of cars in Lagos.

Exactly the same response I gave.
Re: What Is The Best Answer For This Interview Question? by DJEhimond(m): 5:03am On Jun 24, 2015
phyllosilicate:
The interviewer isn't insane, he just want to see the way you think to make an educated guess. This is how I may answer the question.
I would asked for a short time to think, then say:
There are about 20 million people in lagos, and average lagos family has 5 people (parents and 3 children). This would give us approximately 4 million family units.

I would like to use my street as a reference point, can I? He should mostly likely say yes.

My street is an average lagos street, it has 20 family units and 12 cars (this include both the private and official cars). This means that the ration of cars to family units in lagos is 3:5. Since we have approximately 4 million families in lagos, we should have approximately 2.4 million cars.

I didn't get the exact number, but I tried to answer logically, this is what the interviewer wants to see.

Thank you.
Re: What Is The Best Answer For This Interview Question? by phyllosilicate(m): 5:05am On Jun 24, 2015
DJEhimond:

Thank you.
You are welcome

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Job Like A Matter Of Life And Death / Vacancies in a Wholesale and Retail Company / Pls Got Thsi From Tolet.com.ng How Much Is Dere Salary Scale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.