Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / . (8903 Views)

Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice / Microbiology Or Industrial Chemistry Or Pure And Applied Chemistry / (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Tiffany1(f): 11:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
benjanjo1:

This is a big lie! @shaadey I've told you before that both courses are on equal footing, but its generally believed that its easier to pass through MCB and get a first class than for you to do the same with bch. Since you've settled for MCB, I'll encourage you to finish the race with a good GPA and do as much as possible to get hands on learning experience it will go a long way in positioning you for success when you leave school. You're free to contact me if you need learning materials or assistance with internship
I also have a similar problem. An aspirant of Uniosun. Thou i choose mcb. I saw this thread earlier in the afternoon, and it kind of weaken me esp with the employment issue. I wish i knew abt this earlier i would av choosen a proffessional course like nursing.
Re: . by Shaadey: 11:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
Re: . by Shaadey: 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
tohpahz:

Better smiley
Aunty nurse thanks
Re: . by AreaFada2: 11:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
If you intend doing higher degree/degrees abroad, Biochemistry any time. Here in Europe, most students doing medicine as a second degree read biochemistry previously. Bch & Mcb may have about 50% content similarity, but core modules needed to pass BCH are stricter and the departmental requirements are stricter.

If you think you're very bright, take bch but if you're not sure, take mcb because getting a 2.1 in biochem is tough. Pass biochem well & medicine, Dentistry, pharmacy or PhD won't shake you.

And hey, Biochemists & others with substantial biochemical training/research have probably won more Nobel Prizes in Medicine & Physiology than any other basic scientists. My former professors included. cheesy grin

Well, I'm talking from a diaspora education experience.

4 Likes

Re: . by Tiffany1(f): 11:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
Shaadey:
my sister. ..I'm just gonna put in my best
Abi oo. When i saw dis thread this afternoon, i tried to call some stdnt from uniosun if i can still change to nursin, since the p.ume iz nt out, i was tld it late already. I wish i av no abt diz earlier thou. It even more confusing when u don't no which one iz best (MCB/BCH)
Re: . by Shaadey: 11:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
Re: . by Tiffany1(f): 11:46pm On Jul 14, 2015
Shaadey:
seriously thinking of those two courses alone is another headache. ....I've made up my mind. ...MCB jare
Same here
Re: . by Shaadey: 11:46pm On Jul 14, 2015
Re: . by Tiffany1(f): 11:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
Same here. besides, am not really good at chemistry, to avoid problem in future i will rather settle for mcb
Re: . by benjanjo1: 4:58am On Jul 15, 2015
Shaadey:
thank you all for your replies

benjanjo1 thanks in advance cos illd disturb you o...ehen

Yeah no p
Re: . by benjanjo1: 5:01am On Jul 15, 2015
Tiffany1:
I also have a similar problem. An aspirant of Uniosun. Thou i choose mcb. I saw this thread earlier in the afternoon, and it kind of weaken me esp with the employment issue. I wish i knew abt this earlier i would av choosen a proffessional course like nursing.

No need to fret, there are actually jobs but only those in the know can maneuver and succeed. Just graduate with a job GPA that's all
Re: . by manee2(m): 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
It's been confusing all through_ different opinions makinq sense. Well, I think one shud jst focus on whichever course he/she is best in. But the truth here is dat i think I'll do beta in microbio than biochem.. employment issues jst wanna make me change my mind.. More details abt med lab pls.
Re: . by manee2(m): 12:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
Moderator frontpage pls_ we need vast attention nd opinions
Re: . by tohpahz(f): 8:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shaadey:
Aunty nurse thanks
kiss kiss
Re: . by mrbillz(m): 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shaadey:
UNAD
EKSU BCH AND MCB ARE THE TWO MOST DREADED DEPARTMENT IN THE FACULTY OF SCIENCE EKSU. BE READY FOR A THOROUGH DRILLING. AM A LIVING TESTIMONY. REPPIN EKSU ALWAYS...
Re: . by Shaadey: 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
Re: . by mrbillz(m): 9:44am On Jul 16, 2015
Shaadey:
thought dey said twas only BCH o...anyway we go rugged am thanks
you welcome! You could contact me for any assistance if need be...
Re: . by Shaadey: 9:47am On Jul 16, 2015
mrbillz:
you welcome! You could contact me for any assistance if need be...
Thanks.
Re: . by mrbillz(m): 9:57am On Jul 16, 2015
Shaadey:
Thanks...are you still in EKSU?dd you study MCB
im already a graduate. I studied botany/plant science...
Re: . by Shaadey: 10:00am On Jul 16, 2015
Re: . by mrbillz(m): 10:06am On Jul 16, 2015
Shaadey:
ok thanks a ton
you welcome! Sure you have gotten your post utme form. Am currently in ado at the moment tho...
Re: . by Shaadey: 10:11am On Jul 16, 2015
Re: . by mrbillz(m): 10:18am On Jul 16, 2015
Shaadey:
I did pdg but I don't want to really rely on it....so someone is getting the post ume form for me. ...cos am currently in lagos
OH THATS BETTER. ITS GOOD TO BE ON A SAFER SIDE AND NOT PUTTING ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET. HOW ABOUT WE CHATTING ON WHATSAPP IF YOU DONT MIND...I GUESS THAT WOULD BE BETTER TO SHARE MORE IDEAS
Re: . by oluwadanie1(m): 11:35am On Jul 16, 2015
Tiffany1:
Same here. besides, am not really good at chemistry, to avoid problem in future i will rather settle for mcb
dear, if your school is like mine, you'll still do chemistry in your 1st two years. Am going to my third year now, i thank God am free from it sha...
Re: . by mesoade(m): 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2015
BCH in most school is very tough . . In UNIBEN it's the most dreaded in falculty of life science . . . MCB and BCH are always at loggerheads . . And BCH have a lot of pathways, it's just a cramming training, they rarely produce first class because most of their lecturers are second class upper and they like frustrating their students . . . Mcb on the other hand is better but it's best if you have a msc degree in it. . . And it's easier to come out with first class in mcb than bch. ., . . In 9ja a mcbist can do all a bchmist can do, but a bchmist can't do all a mcbist can do.

1 Like

Re: . by Loftyboy: 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
hello to all aspirants of osun state university (UNIOSUN ). Here is another great opportunity for you in getting your admission easily. bestway educational consultancy located at km2 gbogan/osogbo express way, osogbo osun state is here again this year to give solution to any problem you are facing in gaining admission into osun state university. contact bestway for the original post utme past questions (online or manual), post utme tutorial, post utme registration , admission process and lot more on this mobile number 07064597302. with bestway, your admission is guaranteed!!!!!!!!!
Re: . by damissa(m): 11:10pm On Aug 24, 2016
benjanjo1:

This is a big lie! @shaadey I've told you before that both courses are on equal footing, but its generally believed that its easier to pass through MCB and get a first class than for you to do the same with bch. Since you've settled for MCB, I'll encourage you to finish the race with a good GPA and do as much as possible to get hands on learning experience it will go a long way in positioning you for success when you leave school. You're free to contact me if you need learning materials or assistance with internship

Why should any opinion other than yours be a big lie?

And on what research did you base your opinion that both courses are on equal footing?
Re: . by damissa(m): 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2016
To be honest and straightforward with you, there is nothing encouraging about studying BCH in Nigeria ... in the diaspora you may enjoy the course, but here you won't plus you will meet lecturers with dashed hopes and failed dreams who will make Dante's descent to the Inferno seem to be child's play to your 4 years stay in the biochemistry department and from the view of a 300 L BCH student who some of it all, i would advise you to go for MCB

But if you believe that good things don't come easy, welcome to BCH

#nofsaid
Re: . by validstar1: 9:33am On Aug 31, 2016
See these small kids that know nothing about BCH saying weird things about d course.Biochemistry is a very broad course & surely earns more place in d Job market than microbiology. Imagine a kid there saying a MCBITE can do all jobs of a BIOCHEMIST But a biochemist can't do otherwise.. wow,biggest lie of d century caused by laziness & low self esteem .Both courses aren't on d same footing at all,stop deceiving yourself. The internet is there 4 your use,EXPLORE....
Re: . by benjanjo1: 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
damissa:

Why should any opinion other than yours be a big lie?

And on what research did you base your opinion that both courses are on equal footing?

I can't imagine someone will give this kind of stup!d reply?! What research did I do?! Mr. Man, you seem to know nothing about the life sciences. All are interconnected and equal in difficulty, irrespective of the approach adopted.
Re: . by Jeepi(m): 11:00am On Jan 25, 2017
good day, my name is Mr Ejike and I have good projects and seminar works that are ready for presentation. if interested contact me or chat me up VIA what's app on 08066314433. thanx
Re: . by Ademi22(f): 11:15am On Feb 13, 2017
Pls i need elp on wic course 2 choose.... Biochem, nursing nd slt

(1) (2) (Reply)

UI PG School Released Test Results Of 2012/2013 PG Applicants / Anambra State University Post Ume Is Finally Out / Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.