Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,497 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Why I ‘snubbed’ NFF – Enyeama - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I ‘snubbed’ NFF – Enyeama (492 Views)

Enyeama Snubbed Me, Rejected My Calls Over 10 Times - Rohr Opens Up / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Mikel Snubbed Our Appointment – Oliseh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I ‘snubbed’ NFF – Enyeama by fako1(m): 7:38am On Jun 25, 2015
Vincent Enyeama has explained that he was not officially asked to attend a Nigeria Football Federation Disciplinary Committee sitting on Tuesday.

The NFF feels that Enyeama was in breach of its code of conduct.

The goalkeeper made “uncomplimentary remarks” about security in Kaduna ahead of June’s 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad.

“I respect my country and those in charge of our football, which is why I find the whole thing strange,” Enyeama said.

“As the captain I only raised our concerns about the venue before our game which didn’t go down well with the football authority.

“I was told to apologise for my comments, which I did immediately and they told me that’s fine.”

But the 32-year-old, who is the Super Eagles most capped player with 101 appearances, denies he failed to reply to messages from the NFF seeking an explanation for his comments.

“I only received a letter to caution me about it [my comments] and to avoid a repeat of such,” he told BBC Sport.

“Personally, as it was resolved in-house I thought that was the end of the matter.

“But I only found out about a disciplinary hearing in the media but I didn’t get any letter to that effect.”

The Lille player could face a lengthy ban for his comments which the NFF feels broke its recent code of conduct signed by the players as well as his failure to attend Tuesday’s hearing.

The NFF executive board will have the final say on any punishment on a date yet to be decided.

It has also been confirmed that the Super Eagles will play their next home 2017 Nations Cup qualifier against Egypt in Kaduna next March.

Source: http://theeagleonline.com.ng/why-i-snubbed-nff-enyeama/

Re: Why I ‘snubbed’ NFF – Enyeama by nerodenero: 7:50am On Jun 25, 2015
Enyeama erred, the choice of Kaduna is political and he should have seen it from that angle. NFF just wanted to rotate Eagles' game across all regions. This gesture had harmed us before but we never learn.

Since Enyeama is our best for now without any replacement in sight, a lengthy ban is unhealthy. He should be fined and NFF should let the matter die.

1 Like

Re: Why I ‘snubbed’ NFF – Enyeama by themonk(m): 8:00am On Jun 25, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Why I ‘snubbed’ NFF – Enyeama by oloriooko(m): 10:38am On Jun 25, 2015
Illegal NFF cautioning someone?
Just imagine the show of shame NFF has put up before the whole world.
No formal invitation was sent to the goalie cuz they cannot bear the cost of bringing him down here.
Re: Why I ‘snubbed’ NFF – Enyeama by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 25, 2015
let them rehabilitate the kaduna stadium before the next game in 2016. I gues their is enof time.

(1) (Reply)

Why Sergio Ramos Is Not The Right Signing For Manchester United / Coaches Lobbying To Replace Keshi – Onigbinde / The Story Of Messi And How He Wasn't Supposed To Be A Footballer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.