Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,680 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Sony Bravia Kdl-40xbr6 Hd Tv Free Stations - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Sony Bravia Kdl-40xbr6 Hd Tv Free Stations (2837 Views)

Have You Seen Kwesé TV Free Sports Channel? KFS / Sony Bravia Satellites Tv / Need Help In Tracking Bet9ja Virtual Stations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sony Bravia Kdl-40xbr6 Hd Tv Free Stations by Kollyman: 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hello house, I need a help on the above stated device.

I have Sony BRAVIA KDL-40XBR6 LCD HD TV "40" which was sent from abroad. It works so well without any issue.
I can say it is an ideal TV set.

However, I have an issue with the channels. The TV has two options if you want to scan for Tv stations (Digital & analogue)

ANALOGUE search scan for as many local stations it can get (AIT, STV, CHANNELS, ONTV.......)

DIGITAL search scan for "cable" stations like Dove media, Orisun, DSTVmobile, Cool Tv, WAP TV, E!, e, Starguide,............ up to about 120 stations.

The challenge here is that the cable/digital stations hardly show. It would sometimes provide information on the current programme showing or scheduled programme. If the weather is cool, it would seems like the stations what to show but later display "station not tuned".

Currently I can watch ST Guide (startimes guide), AMC (Africa Music Channel) on digital but other are not showing.

Note: I do not have any decoder connected to the TV, it is just a feature on the TV that enable you watch digital stations without subscription to any pay tv (as stated in the TV manual).

Also, I currently use those local antenna which uses buster that is sold for 1500 naira.

There is no port on the TV for satellite connection.

What can I do to get those digital stations mentioned above showing.

See some of the TV pictures.

Advise needed.

Re: Sony Bravia Kdl-40xbr6 Hd Tv Free Stations by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
but is that not a port for coaxial cable on the lower right of your first picture?

there's no magic really. it simply has built in Digital Terrestrial Decoder in it

unless it has provision for where you can put in a smart card, you cannot watch pay DTH free na.

if it has, plug in a Yagi antenna(Startimes antenna) in that Coaxial port, put the card and scan.
Re: Sony Bravia Kdl-40xbr6 Hd Tv Free Stations by shellliver: 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
Kollyman:
I have Sony BRAVIA KDL-40XBR6 LCD HD TV "40" which was sent from abroad. It works so well without any issue.
However, I have an issue with the channels. The TV has two options if you want to scan for Tv stations (Digital & analogue)
ANALOGUE search scan for as many local stations it can get (AIT, STV, CHANNELS, ONTV.......)
DIGITAL search scan for "cable" stations like Dove media, Orisun, DSTVmobile, Cool Tv, WAP TV, E!, e, Starguide,............ up to about 120 stations.
The challenge here is that the cable/digital stations hardly show. It would sometimes provide information on the current programme showing or scheduled programme. If the weather is cool, it would seems like the stations what to show but later display "station not tuned".
Currently I can watch ST Guide (startimes guide), AMC (Africa Music Channel) on digital but other are not showing.
Note: I do not have any decoder connected to the TV, it is just a feature on the TV that enable you watch digital stations without subscription to any pay tv (as stated in the TV manual).
Also, I currently use those local antenna which uses buster that is sold for 1500 naira.
Advise needed.

What?
Those are ports at the back of the TV, what else are you looking for.

2. Guess there TV has inbuilt DVB-H, try see if when connected to the internet, it will take you to a subscription page where you can subscribe for dstv and the likes
Re: Sony Bravia Kdl-40xbr6 Hd Tv Free Stations by JUO(m): 5:49am On Jun 26, 2015
Kollyman:

Advise needed.
guy you no funny o. You want to watch pay tv for free? Good tv but I don't think the tv is smart and there is no slot for card so you can't watch the encrypted channels. Just get their decoder and pay subscription

(1) (Reply)

Issues On 4661x Strong Decoder / Is It Possible To Nigerian DSTV In London. If Possible, How ? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.