Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week (1380 Views)

Bride-to-be & Her Fiance Die In Auto Crash Enroute To Lagos From PH / Cattle Arrived Lagos From Zamfara After 32-Hour Rail Transport / I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by Carriacou1985(f): 11:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hello all,

I'm planning to visit Lagos for the first time for a week.

Could anyone tell me how much naira I would need to be comfortable? ( I will be staying with a friends sister) as in food, travel ect

Also is it safe for a female foreigner to travel around Lagos alone?

I also plan to visit Badagry Slave museum, how can I locate a tour guide? And how can I get there from Lagos?

Thanks
Re: Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by amnesty7: 11:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
Did you forget to ask the friend' s sister all these important questions? You are indeed a very serious person.

1 Like

Re: Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by Houseofglam7(f): 11:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
This one neva ready to travel undecided
Re: Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by Tapout(m): 11:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
Carriacou1985:
Hello all,

Could anyone tell me how much naira I would need to be comfortable? ( I will be staying with a friends sister) as in food, travel ect

I also plan to visit Badagry Slave museum, how can I locate a tour guide? And how can I get there from Lagos?

Thanks

don't lure yourself into the hands of the evil ones...@ bolded, I think she's in a better position to help u

3 Likes

Re: Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by Carriacou1985(f): 11:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
marshalcarter:
U're cumin from london to visit lag just for a week...nd u're announcing it.....
If u knw wats gud for you...berra dnt cum here yet ooo

That's not very welcoming at all.... I am taking genuine interest in visiting ur country and the best u can tell me is not to come, I hope everyone I meet there doesn't share ur attitude.

Seems like no one can answer my questions honestly... I haven't booked my ticket as yet so I don't have a definite date for arriving... It's more an idea so far as I saw some reasonable flights for this summer. I'm just planning to organise my time well for the week as I have always wanted to visit the Slavs museum there and I'm unable to come for more than a week, also the idea of staying with my friends sister is only an idea so far, as she said I would be welcomed I'm not familiar with Lagos so I can't remember which part it is.
Re: Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by Carriacou1985(f): 11:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
I do not know my friends sister at all however I do know my friend, she is Nigerian but has lived in London for 14 years and hasn't returned since, that's y I was thinking someone here could offer up to date advice as I'm sure things have chAnged in 14 years but everyone seems to be judging me and not answering the questions I asked... Thanks for ur help!!!
Re: Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 26, 2015
Carriacou1985:
Hello all,

Thanks

are u for real? hope u have enough securities to move arround with u or that will take u arround or else i'll advice u sud stay back.
Re: Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by sholatech(m): 12:26am On Jun 26, 2015
As a regular traveller, I understand your inquiry. It's difficult to advice on a budget without having idea of itenary(which I don't expect you will make public). Sure it's very safe to move round alone-its not written on your face that you are a stranger. A visit to and fro badagry depends on what part of Lagos you will be staying. On average 20,000 naira will do for that day. You can use uber daily for your reliable daily shuttles. Works perfectly all over Lagos. On average, you can have a budget of 20,000 naira per day budget covering intense shuttles and moderate outdoor feeding

1 Like

Re: Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by Carriacou1985(f): 12:27am On Jun 26, 2015
chowlade:

are u for real? hope u have enough security to move arround with u or else i'll advice u sud stay back.

Ok... Well i guess from the responses it's not safe to come alone, I was told Lagos is safe and all the trouble is up North and was comparing it to any other city like London or New York, which is pretty safe for tourists. Thank you for the advice.
Re: Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 26, 2015
Carriacou1985:

Ok... Well i guess from the responses it's not safe to come alone, I was told Lagos is safe and all the trouble is up North and was comparing it to any other city like London or New York, which is pretty safe for tourists. Thank you for the advice.

it's not safe for a foreigner. even though u r black u'll still have d foreign outlook on u.as we speak kidnapping is on d increase E.t.c. I'll suggest u think about ur safety bf u come..

2 Likes

Re: Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by Carriacou1985(f): 12:35am On Jun 26, 2015
sholatech:
As a regular traveller, I understand your inquiry. It's difficult to advice on a budget without having idea of itenary(which I don't expect you will make public). Sure it's very safe to move round alone-its not written on your face that you are a stranger. A visit to and fro badagry depends on what part of Lagos you will be staying. On average 20,000 naira will do for that day. You can use uber daily for your reliable daily shuttles. Works perfectly all over Lagos. On average, you can have a budget of 20,000 naira per day budget covering intense shuttles and moderate outdoor feeding

Thank you kindly for your response, as the only positive one I've received. After reading these responses I'm pretty worried because from speaking to native Nigerians here in London they all reassured me Lagos is the safest area of Nigeria and I would really like to see the country. I have been offered a place to stay for the week although I don't know my friends sister, I'm assured that I will be welcome. I planed to call my friends sister before booking and arriving just to be polite but don't want to burden her with too many questions.. Thanks again for your positive and informative advice.
Re: Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by funmijoyb(f): 12:43am On Jun 26, 2015
lipsrsealed hope u don't have accent? if yes u r prone to alot of things.
Re: Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by justwise(m): 12:51am On Jun 26, 2015
Carriacou1985:
Hello all,

Thanks

I will not advice you to visit Lagos alone as a first timer and non Nigerian. Security wise is not the right decision, yes some places are safe but the moment people noticed that you are a foreigner and alone things will change.

Budget wise ...you could spend £1000 or even £5000 within a week it's all down to your need and spending power. I visited Lagos 3 months ago and from my experience I wouldn't advice you to take the trip without a Nigerian that knows Lagos and way of life.

The heat alone right from the airport will send you running for return ticket.

Please think carefully about it.

Good luck though.

2 Likes

Re: Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by Nobody: 12:52am On Jun 26, 2015
Carriacou1985:

alrt. I wish u all d best

1 Like

Re: Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by Carriacou1985(f): 12:58am On Jun 26, 2015
justwise:

I will not advice you to visit Lagos alone as a first timer and non Nigerian. Security wise is not the right decision, yes some places are safe but the moment people noticed that you are a foreigner and alone things will change.

Budget wise ...you could spend £1000 or even £5000 within a week it's all down to your need and spending power. I visited Lagos 3 months ago and from my experience I wouldn't advice you to take the trip without a Nigerian that knows Lagos and way of life.

The heat alone right from the airport will send you running for return ticket.

Please think carefully about it.

Good luck though.

Thanks I have taken your advice on board.
Re: Planning To Visit Lagos From London For One Week by justwise(m): 1:02am On Jun 26, 2015
Carriacou1985:

Thanks I have taken your advice on board.

No worries.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos-kano Train Service Resumes Friday / Nigerians Deported From Germany 48 Hours After Attack On Ekweremadu / 2023 M.sc Scholarship, Transcript, (toefl, Ielts, Pte): Tell Us Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.