Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo (12112 Views)

Corper Liason Officer(clo) Recognition Certificate: Any Advantage After NYSC? / Here Are Advantages And Disadvantages Of NYSC (my Opinion) / Corpers Liason Officer Room,,,clo For 2015 Batch A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by godson0032000(m): 2:55am On Jun 26, 2015
Good day to you all, I av just been appointed d Clo of my lg and honestly I am still in a shock coz I wasn't consulted prior to my appointment... In light of this, I will like to ask my fellow nairalanders the duties, benefits, advantages and disadvantages of being a clo, as well as any other thing attached with d post. Thanks.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by Csami(m): 8:22am On Jun 26, 2015
Boy, you're screwed just like me

2 Likes

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by styno22(m): 8:31am On Jun 26, 2015
Brother wetin be clo? Try to defined ur questions as u ask.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by godson0032000(m): 9:53am On Jun 26, 2015
Clo (corps liason officer)
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by godson0032000(m): 9:54am On Jun 26, 2015
Csami... how do u mean, pls explain better
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by Agozie48: 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
get ready for the worst experience of your life. ts horrible , heartbreaking , you can never be perfect in front of everyone ,they will blame you for every little thing ,you may even be accused of fraud ,ts a nightmare don't do lt
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by missKiffy(f): 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2015
It's not bad
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
This is a good topic. I am the outgoing CLO of **** local government area of oyo state. it's been wonderful I must say, but it's been challenging I must say. just be prepared for betrayal from your friends because it will definitely happen.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by clans(f): 3:15am On Jun 28, 2015
ayxmania:
This is a good topic. I am the outgoing CLO of ibarapa central local government area of oyo state. it's been wonderful I must say, but it's been challenging I must say. just be prepared for betrayal from your friends because it will definitely happen.
Hey my clo.. But if I must say you're very good at what you do.. You're up and running always...I'm in batch A..
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 28, 2015
clans:

Hey my clo.. But if I must say you're very good at what you do.. You're up and running always...I'm in batch A..
clans, i'm honoured. Thanks for the headup. what's your real name? and where is your ppa?
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by clans(f): 9:08am On Jun 28, 2015
ayxmania:

clans, i'm honoured. Thanks for the headup. what's your real name? and where is your ppa?
You're welcome!! Lagorun high school.. Real name Hmmm it was I who bought the game for the LGI's son
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 28, 2015
clans:

You're welcome!! Lagorun high school.. Real name Hmmm it was I who bought the game for the LGI's son
you have a friend shey? u wore a black headwarmer last cds?
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by clans(f): 9:25am On Jun 28, 2015
ayxmania:

you have a friend shey? u wore a black headwarmer last cds?
I'm the friend not the one on the head warmer
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 28, 2015
clans:
I'm the friend not the one on the head warmer
I so know u.. it's nice meeting you here.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by clans(f): 10:28am On Jun 28, 2015
ayxmania:

I so know u.. it's nice mee[size=8pt][/size]ting you here.
You too grin
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
clans:
You too grin
check your WhatsApp
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by o42austino(m): 10:09am On Jul 01, 2015
I was once a CLO at Aks, Okobo LGA, like u I never expected I will be clo, I hv never lobbied for it, peeps came to me to ask for support which I gave them my word that my sch Corp members will support them but, the day of the election changed everything, NCF mama walked up to me and whispered in my ears that am the next clo, election was cancel by the outgoing clo and he single handedly appointed me the clo with the backing of the power block(mama/papa NCF, the outgoing Corp members and my set) . My advice is don't take ur Job too serious, if u do u will make many enemies, learn to Rule by Proxy.

As a CLO and CDS president I delegates my duty to other people that has leadership skills, during many vouching I will seat with other Corp members and ask another person to go and seat at clo seat and do my work for me and by so doing they can learn how to function like a clo, for their mind am a good person but, for my mind am using them as bullet proof.

Learn to do good without expecting financial inducements, for those Corp members that do travel often, PLS don't collect money from them just do it for them as fellow Corp members, in my PPA Corp member don't pay money for their vouching forms, I do it my self and distribute to them to fill and return to me.

Sacrifice for ur fellow Corp members and save ur ass on the politics that is to follow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by yorex2011: 7:02am On Jul 02, 2015
Passing out today... Outgoing clo of my lga.. Truth is the job is a quite sensitive one.. It can get difficult at times especially as ur fellow corpers see you as their voice.. You just have to find a balance between making them happy and making the staff (lgi and co) happy. Be ready for endless calls, sometimes extra expenses ( about half of my alawee each month was spent on transportation alone with no extrs income whatsoever). Always remember that you are still a corper...try not to collect money for favours done.. Cos money collected equals job done.. Buh when money isn't collected., it becomes a case of "i owe you one" and u never can tell when u'll need help. Its a good avenue to learn how to deal with different types of people.

I dont regret it one bit. Once mentioned it in a job interview and the interviewer seemed impressed. Good luck bro

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by fashoo2010(m): 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
yorex2011:
Passing out today... Outgoing clo of my lga.. Truth is the job is a quite sensitive one.. It can get difficult at times especially as ur fellow corpers see you as their voice.. You just have to find a balance between making them happy and making the staff (lgi and co) happy. Be ready for endless calls, sometimes extra expenses ( about half of my alawee each month was spent on transportation alone with no extrs income whatsoever). Always remember that you are still a corper...try not to collect money for favours done.. Cos money collected equals job done.. Buh when money isn't collected., it becomes a case of "i owe you one" and u never can tell when u'll need help. Its a good avenue to learn how to deal with different types of people.

I dont regret it one bit. Once mentioned it in a job interview and the interviewer seemed impressed. Good luck bro
I was just appointed yesterday, I've never expected it, I've never dreamt of it but was called upon... Aside from what u've just mentioned, is there any other tin u need to do to spice up
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by fashoo2010(m): 6:11pm On Jul 10, 2015
ayxmania:
This is a good topic. I am the outgoing CLO of ibarapa central local government area of oyo state. it's been wonderful I must say, but it's been challenging I must say. just be prepared for betrayal from your friends because it will definitely happen.
bro, nice one...bt what are those specific tins u did dat make people to like u and remember u?
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 11, 2015
fashoo2010:
bro, nice one...bt what are those specific tins u did dat make people to like u and remember u?
I did the right things at the right times. I learnt to use PLEASE, THANKS, SORRY. I balanced myself between the lgi and my fellow corps members. Above all, I satisfied my conscience.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by NManonymous(m): 11:33pm On Mar 09, 2019
@yorex 2011,please drop your number I need to ask you some questions via CLO appointment

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by NManonymous(m): 11:36pm On Mar 09, 2019
yorex2011:

Please drop your number or email here,I want to ask you questions via CLO appointment.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by Delight1385(f): 11:21pm On Mar 10, 2019
It a nice one only if u NvA allow ursef to bcom mr. Knw all. Am 18A, passing out soon and I hapned to witness how d one in my batch bcom full of wisdom and tends to ova see evrytin by doing odas excultives job and he also say evrytin anywor witout minding wo and wat it may result to including wat shud b discus within d xcos only and DAT led to him using his own hand to spoil his regime dirby resulting to so many issues DAT wil b settled by d L. I coz d current batchs ar demanding for xplaintion on sm issues and all d ?S are direcyd to d Clo cos he occupy all d positions, take dcisions and finalise all alone in absnc of odas and evrytin backfire now he ran nolonger in d lodge.

So seek counsel wir needed nd apply caution and wisdom not pride and sef confidnce. U can't please all but try all u could nt to b bias and self centered... Help in most cases witout xpctin anytin in return.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by sconp: 2:21pm On Mar 11, 2019
Delight1385:
It a nice one only if u NvA allow ursef to bcom mr. Knw all. Am 18A, passing out soon and I hapned to witness how d one in my batch bcom full of wisdom and tends to ova see evrytin by doing odas excultives job and he also say evrytin anywor witout minding wo and wat it may result to including wat shud b discus within d xcos only and DAT led to him using his own hand to spoil his regime dirby resulting to so many issues DAT wil b settled by d L. I coz d current batchs ar demanding for xplaintion on sm issues and all d ?S are direcyd to d Clo cos he occupy all d positions, take dcisions and finalise all alone in absnc of odas and evrytin backfire now he ran nolonger in d lodge.

So seek counsel wir needed nd apply caution and wisdom not pride and sef confidnce. U can't please all but try all u could nt to b bias and self centered... Help in most cases witout xpctin anytin in return.

This would have been easier to comprehend if it was written in full
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by Kirchhoff01(m): 7:05pm On Mar 12, 2019
Delight1385:

if you want to get headache, just read this...
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by Pascopele: 4:28pm On Mar 13, 2019
Amanda, Enugu, 0817150686
Gracey, Enugu, 0708312808
Gift 090760914
Kirchhoff01:

if you want to get headache, just read this...
Relax with them in Enugu
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo by Kirchhoff01(m): 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2019
Pascopele:
Am, Enugu, 7152 Ge1280m Gim6085 Relax in Enugu
Thanks Bruv. I strongly appreciate

(1) (Reply)

B14 Stream II Corpers, Do U Really Want To Miss Camp? Come In For Solution / Corpers In Sokoto Protest Non-Payment Of INEC Allowances / 8 NYSC Members Kidnapped In Zamfara, Yet No Public Outrage - Bukarti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.