Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Car Steering Shaking When On Motion - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Steering Shaking When On Motion (2264 Views)

Car Steering Jerks To One Side, What Should I Check? / My Car Steering Just Started To Be A Bit Strong To Turn / My Toyota Camry(pencil Lite) Steering Starts Shaking When Above 80km And Above (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Steering Shaking When On Motion by emmaak2(m): 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
Please i have a case,my toyota camry 2001 model V6 some time ago i discovered that my steering no more steadies when on motion it will always b shaking vigourously
Pls house what might b d cause?
Re: Car Steering Shaking When On Motion by eluquenson(m): 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
I also had same issue some months ago, kindly take your car to a good filling station to do the wheel balancing and alignment,also pump your tire, that's the major root cause to the best of my knowledge. Mine always vibrate when i speed above 80km/h and stops at 130km/h

2 Likes

Re: Car Steering Shaking When On Motion by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
emmaak2:
Please i have a case,my toyota camry 2001 model V6 some time ago i discovered that my steering no more steadies when on motion it will always b shaking vigourously
Pls house what might b d cause?

Bad tyres.

3 Likes

Re: Car Steering Shaking When On Motion by oyoman(m): 5:31am On Jun 27, 2015
I had similar experience, especially when I reach 120km/h; however the problem is the wheel balancing
Re: Car Steering Shaking When On Motion by emmaak2(m): 6:38am On Jun 27, 2015
eluquenson:
I also had same issue some months ago, kindly take your car to a good filling station to do the wheel balancing and alignment,also pump your tire, that's the major root cause to the best of my knowledge. Mine always vibrate when i speed above 80km/h and stops at 130km/h

mine wont even drive up 2 50km/h wen it will start
Re: Car Steering Shaking When On Motion by Originalsly: 5:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
From experience....most likely...bad tyres. Driving faster on bad tyres increase the risk for blow outs...tyres unravelling....and you losing control of the vehicle ...your life...and the innocent lives.
Re: Car Steering Shaking When On Motion by chaikie(m): 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
After checking out what the gurus has mentioned and it still persists, u should check your ball joints. My Volvo V40 1996 model was given same problem and after checking all the above mentioned, it persisted until I changed the ball joints. My experience tho!
Re: Car Steering Shaking When On Motion by Emekasmart(m): 1:37am On Jun 29, 2015
Change ur tyres and ur problems are over..

1 Like

Re: Car Steering Shaking When On Motion by stephenponti(m): 10:55am On Jun 30, 2015
One of the tyres must have swelling spot. Trace the swelling by swiping your hands round the Tyre.
Re: Car Steering Shaking When On Motion by clemz85(m): 7:05pm On Jun 30, 2015
bulge/swollen tire, bad hub and alignment.

1 Like

Re: Car Steering Shaking When On Motion by emmaak2(m): 7:30pm On Jul 12, 2015
Originalsly:
From experience....most likely...bad tyres. Driving faster on bad tyres increase the risk for blow outs...tyres unravelling....and you losing control of the vehicle ...your life...and the innocent lives.

thankz 4 d advice
Re: Car Steering Shaking When On Motion by emmaak2(m): 7:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
clemz85:
bulge/swollen tire, bad hub and alignment.

nt alignment sir
Re: Car Steering Shaking When On Motion by dradoyi(m): 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
Had similar problem. I just changed d rims..n got new sets of tire. The problem vanished. Bent rims are notorious for those vibartions.
Re: Car Steering Shaking When On Motion by emmaak2(m): 8:49am On Dec 04, 2016
dradoyi:
Had similar problem. I just changed d rims..n got new sets of tire. The problem vanished. Bent rims are notorious for those vibartions.

thanks all
Re: Car Steering Shaking When On Motion by Piyke: 10:07am On Dec 04, 2016
Tires with broken belts can cause this especially since it starts at lower speeds (50km/hr). For it to shake the steering, the affected tire(s) are in the front. Bring down the front tires and inspect for bumps and indentations on all surfaces.

If you are having a thumping (dim-dim-dim) sound from the wheels it's a further pointer. You can move affected front tire to the rear and see if the shakes reduce. If it does, there u have it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Could Be Wrong With My Gear. / I Need Tint For My Glass Anyone / TOKUMBO TOYOTA AND LEXUS PARTS, ENGINES AND UNDERNEATHS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.