Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. (1459 Views)

The Mystery And The Power Of Our Faith In God, Jesus Christ And The Holy Spirit / Ugandan Man Claiming To Be Jesus Christ, And His Nine Followers Arrested (video) / Pics:archaeologists Discover The City Of Sodom & Gomorrah Matching Old Testament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
The Old Testament prophets said "Thus says the Lord..." When
Jesus came, he never used this term. He said "Truly, truly, I say
to you..." (John 12:24), or "Moses said...but I say to
you..." (Matthew 5). And this is the glorious truth: The prophets
spoke FOR the Lord, but Jesus spoke AS the Lord. JESUS
CHRIST IS LORD! Nobody could and can speak like Him. Jesus
also said "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my word shall
never pass away." (Matthew 24:35) Something more: The Bible
is the Constitution of the Kingdom of God. No two-thirds
majority of any parliament on earth can change it. Democratic
vote or consensus does not decide Bible truth. "Forever, O Lord,
Your word is settled in heaven" (Psalm 119:89). Jesus said: I
AM THE TRUTH. (John 14:6)

Are you blessed?
REINHARD
BONNKE

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by nynbrada: 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
*modified*
winner01:
The Old Testament prophets said "Thus says the Lord..." When
Jesus came, he never used this term. He said "Truly, truly, I say
to you..." (John 12:24), or "Moses said...but I say to
you..." (Matthew 5). And this is the glorious truth: The prophets
spoke FOR the Lord, but Jesus spoke AS the Lord. JESUS
CHRIST IS LORD! Nobody could and can speak like Him.

Bro you actually hit me hard @ bolded; as you may not understand the weight of impact that statement alone had on me.

Something more: The Bible is the Constitution of the Kingdom of God. No two-thirds
majority of any parliament on earth can change it. Democratic
vote or consensus does not decide Bible truth. "Forever, O Lord,
Your word is settled in heaven" (Psalm 119:89).

You just hit the bull eye with the above statement. As no man , group of persons nor any government of the day can in any way alter the incontrovertibility of God's word.

They can misconstrued, misinterpret and manipulate it, but they cannot kill the eternal truth that it reprsents.

Final bullet:

John1:1 In the begining was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and by him all things consist

Hebrew 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power...

stay blessed bro.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
nynbrada:
H
You this man, what is H
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by nynbrada: 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2015
winner01:
You this man, what is H
H is for hahaha!!!(spiritual laughter inspired by the content of the thread).

My bro don't mind me oo!! I actually booked the space so as to comment, but somehow got carried away with some other thread. Didn't even remember that i booked a space here if not for the "mention" notification that i just saw.

*going to modify it asap*!!!
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
nynbrada:
*modified*

Bro you actually hit me hard @ bolded; as you may not understand the weight of impact that statement alone had on me.

You just hit the bull eye with the above statement. As no man , group of persons nor any government of the day can in any way alter the incontrovertibility of God's word.

They can misconstrued, misinterpret and manipulate it, but they cannot kill the eternal truth that it reprsents.

Final bullet:

John1:1 In the begining was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and by him all things consist

Hebrew 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power...

stay blessed bro.
Amen, you too
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 1:56am On Aug 28, 2015
The Gospel does not threaten sinners. It is glad news, not mad
news. Yet Jesus talked more about hell than heaven – not as
a THREAT but as a WARNING. There is something I’d call
MILITANT MERCY. When a fast moving car approaches a child,
we would snatch it from danger. It may be rough, but it is true
mercy. That’s what Jesus does! JESUS SAVES. REINHARD
BONNKE.
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
True progress is to know God. Science has no substitute for love. Adam and Eve were primitives but lived like kings walking with God. That is life as God intended it. God who created all things must have been an immensely wonderful Friend. God has pushed hard for us to appreciate what He is and to understand His feelings toward us. The Son of God tracked across the universe to this one planet to introduce Himself –he is that interested. Are there worlds like ours in space? Maybe, but this is the world which God loved and to which He sent His Son to shed His precious blood. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son...” (John 3:16) God bless you today. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
Two skydivers jump from a plane at 15,000 feet. Both are wearing parachutes. One of them folds his arms, ignores the rip cord, and says to himself: “I’m perfectly safe because of my parachute.” He is still saying these words as he hits the ground at 160 kilometers per hour. The other skydiver knows he will be safe only if he actually does something. He pulls the rip cord and lands safely. We may know about the Christian faith. We may respect Jesus and agree that what he did on the cross is the answer to our deepest needs. But until we actually ask for his help and commit our lives to him, it is like falling with a closed parachute. We need to take urgent action. We need to pull the rip cord while there is still time. The rip cord is this: “Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10,13) There is nothing else we can do. We cannot save ourselves – we can only throw ourselves on what Jesus achieved for us on the cross. He has done everything that we need. Let’s act on it, lest we jump to quick conclusions. God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE.
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2015
Four men had a literal ‘breakthrough’ of faith. Luke 5:17-26 describes Christ in a house crowded with Pharisees and teachers of the law, who had come out of every town of Galilee, Judea, and Jerusalem. Obviously, many of them had physical troubles, and the power of the Lord was present to heal them. But none of these religious people were healed. Then, four men brought a paralyzed man on a stretcher, and because they could not get through the crowd, they went up the outside stairs of the flat-roofed house, pulled apart the light coverings, and lowered the man down right in front of Jesus. Seeing their faith, he restored this man to health. It was a double breakthrough. They broke through the roof, and they broke through the unbelief of the crowd, which had kept them back from Christ. That happens every time somebody is healed. It breaks through the unbelief of the world. It has to; otherwise we will never get near Jesus at all. Believe God! Trust Jesus. God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
The church has too often trusted scholarship, erudition, genius, logic, and philosophy. But Paul said God has chosen the foolish things. (1Cor 1:27) The Apostles did NOT preach logic, BUT THE POWER OF GOD. It is said that preachers should defend Jesus Christ – like lawyers in court. We argue to get a verdict in favor of Jesus. But that is human wisdom only. Jesus needs no defending. You don’t need to defend a lion, just open the cage. He can look after himself. Jesus is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah!!! He is not a prisoner in the dock. His repute is beyond any judge and jury. WE ARE NOT LAWYERS, WE ARE WITNESSES. (Acts 1:cool Normally a witness only speaks and describes what he has seen. Sometimes however a witness is a living piece of evidence, when he has been personally injured in an attack. Witnesses don't argue, don't plead, and don’t make speeches. They simply speak the truth, declare what they know. I am a “living piece of evidence” that Jesus is alive. Are you? God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:32pm On Aug 29, 2015
Years ago I befriended a business man, as a matter of fact, I was his customer. I told him about Jesus and he told me about his religion. One day he announced that he was going to make a pilgrimage to the grave of the founder of his faith. I think he went to somewhere to India. On his return my friend reported with glowing eyes how precious that grave was, decked with gold, silver and kept talking about the “beautiful, beautiful grave”. Suddenly the Holy Spirit spoke in my heart and said “the most beautiful thing about the grave of Jesus is that it is empty”. The angels said “He is NOT here, for He has risen” (Matthew 28:6). And Jesus later Himself confirmed: “I am He who lives and was dead and behold, I am alive forever more. Amen. And have the keys of Hades and of Death” (Revelation 1:18) JESUS IS ALIVE. He is with you wherever you may be, right “to the end of the world.” Are you rejoicing? This is REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
God is not just a cosmic engineer. He is love. He loves people. Psalm eight and other Scriptures raise this point. The Psalmist said “What is man?” Many read his words to mean that man is worth so little. That is the opposite of what the Psalms express. He was struck by the fact that GOD VISITS MAN. That alters the picture, totally. Judge man by his size, or by his human limitations and frailty, and he doesn’t amount to anything much. But judge Him by the fact that God visits Him, and He suddenly acquires enormous stature. The One who orders all things according to the counsel of His will, to the farthest star, then treats us with priority, persons He bothers with. What are we then? He doesn’t visit the moon or Mars or travel and call on stars in the edge of nothing, but He turns towards us! What is it about us that brings His attention? Perhaps we can’t say. But we can only wonder and be profoundly thankful. Thank you, Jesus. God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
Evangelism is not about encouraging church growth by membership switching, but about boldly leaping the gap between the church and the world. It is not an offer of religion to people who are that way inclined. The gospel is not for some people and not for others. It is for men and women, young and old. It is designed to challenge indifference and hostility for “while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Rom 5:cool. Jesus did not come to this world to call the righteous, but sinners. We are not judges ordering people what to do and what not to do. We are saying, “Change your mind”, which is what the word “repent” really means. God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2015
Christianity has plenty of competitors if you rank it lower than what it is, and want it like that – just a part-time interest, a good cause, a Sunday club, or psychological comfort for old age- all merely incidental. But that is not it. Christianity is Christ and Jesus Christ is life, the comprehensive purpose and power of life, life for the living. Nobody else, no religion big or small, has anything like that on offer, you may search the whole globe. The Bible says “Lay hold on life” (1 Timothy 6:12) – Get that life and live all the days of your life. God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2015
It can be argued that this or that religion is better than another, but the Gospel offers only one thing – JESUS. He is the only One opening his arms to all people. Does anyone have another Jesus to offer? He is everything. He is the Alpha and Omega. The Lord said, “He who believes in me has everlasting life” (Jn 6:47). Jesus is not a religion. He is a Person to meet and live by, the living Word. He is not a messenger from God. He is the Message and that what the messengers talked about. There is life in Him and that life comes to us through the Word of God. God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
If you bury a lie, it will rot. If you bury the truth, it will rise. That’s why the grave couldn’t hold JESUS. He is “the way the truth and the life…” REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:47pm On Aug 29, 2015
When God says “I will”, it forms a covenant. “Because He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself” (Heb 6:13) to perform certain deeds. Usually, they are unconditional, but some will fail unless we take hold of them, and act upon them. God’s “I will” covenants have two qualities. They are spontaneous and they are absolute. “I will, be clean…” “In the last days, says God, I will pour out of my Spirit on all flesh…” Be blessed. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
The Roman captain knew the routine of crucifixion. (Mark 15:37 —39). First the crucified criminals were spitting and cursing, then as their strength abated death would slowly set in. Now, on horseback, the captain stood eye to eye with the dying Jesus! Then we read “Jesus cried with a loud voice and breathed his last.” That got the captains attention, because Christ’s last words from the cross were “Father into your hands I command my spirit!” Jesus had cried “with a loud voice”, full of energy and had commanded his spirit to leave his body. It happened that very same moment. Jesus did not die of a broken heart. HE DIED AT HIS OWN COMMAND! Long before this, the Lord had said in John 10: 17+18 “I have power to lay down my life…”… and that was observed by that heathen soldier. The captain’s revelation and conclusion? Jesus is more than a man! Jesus is the Son of God! Jesus is my Savior! Trust in Jesus brings peace with God! Are you blessed? REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
Faith is not a mental exercise to believe the impossible, believing what we know is not true. It is not believing ‘something’ at all. Faith is trust in God. It is personal. In the Gospels Jesus never talks about believing something will happen, a miracle perhaps, but always about believing Him. Our destiny rests on faith. We are saved by faith. “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life.” John 3:36. The God we are to trust in is worthy as the God who loved us and gave His Son to bear our sins on the cross. God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:52pm On Aug 29, 2015
Creation relates only to the Creator. Nothing exists for itself; no one exists in isolation from others – except rebellious sinners, who then lose their only validity, which is God. We are not our own meaning and without God we are irrelevant. Without God our world, its commerce, its industrious activities, its governments and its institutions become vanity and vexation of spirit, as motiveless as the wind that blows from south to north and back again (see Eccl 1:6). “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power; for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.” (Rev 4:11) God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
Christian thinking is positive, but Positive Thinking is not always Christian. Negative thinking is never Christian, never Bible. The Gospel itself is God’s thought, which to human thinking is foolishness - yet it is the wisdom of God. By the Word we can have the mind of Christ. It challenges us to soar like the eagles to live in the dimension of faith. God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 10:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
When we pray, we pray on the same basis and with the same rights as Paul, John, James and Peter. We rank equal with the greatest saints. The promises to them are the promises to us. They prayed the same Lord’s prayer as we pray. We have the same privileges as they had. God has no favorites except we are ALL His favorites. They had the same key to the door as we have – the name of Jesus. We come to the front door and walk in, without knocking, without a receptionist to announce us. We do not need angels or saints to usher us into God’s presence. We are sons and heirs – we have complete freedom of access into our Father’s house. That is a very good reason indeed for praying. We pray because it was made possible at great cost to one person, Jesus Christ. We have been “brought near by the blood of Christ” (Ephesians 2:13). What a price so that we can pray! “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16). That is the whole idea. “Therefore … having boldness to enter the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He has consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh … let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith” (Hebrews 10:19-22). God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
Nobody specified what the Son of God should be like. Jesus is not the product of systematic theology. Many people try to imagine what God should be like and what He should do, but that is absurd. We might lay down standards for Miss World or Mr. Universe, but nobody can lay down standards for God or the Son of God. Jesus is too great for our small minds. He has never fitted anybody's pattern book, leaving the scholars of His day dithering and lost. We don't call Jesus the Son of God because He measures up to what we think He should be. Any truth about Him is derived from Him, and His face outshines all. Peter said, "Nor is there salvation in any other" except in the name of Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12, NKJV). Well, until that statement is proved false, debate is pointless. If He saves, why turn elsewhere or even look to see what other people believe? Evander Holyfield and I could arrange a boxing match. Boxing analysts could find things the two of us have in common: Both of us are men; we have ears, feet and hands. But what's the point of all the prefight comparisons in the world if I can't measure up to his speed and power? And that's exactly the issue when it comes to Jesus! No one can measure up to Him. JESUS IS LORD, SAVIOR and GOD. God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 1:31am On Oct 11, 2015
My church cannot save me and your church cannot save you. This is because no church died for us. No pope, no bishop, no pastor, no evangelist can save us, because none of them died for us. But here is the name of the one who did die for us. It is JESUS! JESUS! JESUS! Only Jesus saves! REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 1:31am On Oct 11, 2015
Those privileged to exercise the gifts of the Spirit must be especially careful. Show offs will be shown up. Spiritual gifts are not Oscars for display won as trophies of performance. Don't decorate yourself ostentatiously with God's power tools. Don't make tiaras, necklaces and rings from the spiritual gifts for your own adornment. Pomp is not power. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 1:32am On Oct 11, 2015
The cross of Christ is the biggest roadblock on the highway to hell. It is the final red line which dare not be ignored. A friend of mine told me of a notice he saw on the Alps in Switzerland, saying “It is dangerous to step over the fence.” It was the most sublime understatement, for there was nothing on the other side of the fence to step on to whatever except thin air, and the rocks two thousand feet below. Do not consider climbing over the fence of God’s salvation. As the Swiss put it, “It is dangerous!” But the good news is that Christ saves in such situations. You will be forever “safe in the arms of Jesus.” Trust Him. God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 1:33am On Oct 11, 2015
A person ‘born from above’ would never be satisfied with a world, which was gross and only material. They need spiritual links as well as physical ones. The present world, with its limited scientific laws, is not big enough for a converted Christian, any more than a cage is for an eagle. It needs extending, and that extension is into the fourth dimension beyond our three dimensional world. We ‘walk in the Spirit’ (Galatians 5:25). God has ‘made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus’ (Ephesians 2:6). The Book of Acts shows men beginning to draw upon new resources, and to move through the world blessing the people with salvation and healing. The first new men in Christ, new creatures of the kingdom, were sent out to bring others into the same kingdom order, with new instincts, new powers, and new laws written on their heart (see Hebrews cool. How wonderful. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 8:44am On Nov 08, 2015
Jesus is Lord
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by sonmvayina(m): 8:56am On Nov 08, 2015
The story of Jesus has got nothing to do with the old testament. they are basically two different concept and ideologies..and therefore by extension two different Gods..in the old testament death is a punishment but in the new it is a sign of victory..more over the story of Jesus is not Jewish it is Greek..they have the stories about the demi gods which Jesus falls into..the messiah the Jews are waiting for is a man and if and when he comes there will be peace in isreal and the middle east and he is coming once not twice...they do not have a second coming arrangement ..so i suggest you go ask the Vatican, who Jesus is??....my good guess, he is the fawn of Lucifer...
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by winner01(m): 9:51am On Nov 15, 2015
sonmvayina:
The story of Jesus has got nothing to do with the old testament. they are basically two different concept and ideologies..and therefore by extension two different Gods..in the old testament death is a punishment but in the new it is a sign of victory..more over the story of Jesus is not Jewish it is Greek..they have the stories about the demi gods which Jesus falls into..the messiah the Jews are waiting for is a man and if and when he comes there will be peace in isreal and the middle east and he is coming once not twice...they do not have a second coming arrangement ..so i suggest you go ask the Vatican, who Jesus is??....my good guess, he is the fawn of Lucifer...
Thanks, ive also heard different versions of lies from the devil.
Re: Jesus Christ And The Old Testament.. by KingEbukaNaija: 8:48pm On Jul 11, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Photo: The Free Masons Install Statue Of The Stanic Baphomet Sculpture In Detroo / The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches / Don't Despite Prophecy - Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.