Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 (1097 Views)

Whatsapp Extends Shutdown On BBOS, Blackberry 10 Phones To June 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 by Techoftoday: 9:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
This post was originally published on Wearobo.

I've just travelled back from April 2032 to June 2015 to see what was discussed on "Wearobo.com", a site that was huge back in the day in 2015, and this interests me. I'm only here for a day or so (due to my time-travelling device's limits). John Titor may have been a hoax in the 2000s, but in 2032, we can time-travel, due to an invention released in 2027. Wearobo.com, I should add, is now a company that has become super-successful in 2032, pushing other blogging sites into oblivion but not bankruptcy My past self was 19 years old, and drove a Chevrolet Cruze, but I'm now a 36 yr old mom of two, and still have a manual car. Yes, it's a minivan, but I ain't a soccer mom. It's one of those 2015 Honda Odyssey minivans, if you even remember them in 2015. Somehow I manage to get it fixed.

In 2032, they are trying to prohibit manual cars, but a Supreme Court Ruling shot that down on grounds of freedom, based on the Patriot Act and NSA ruling in 2015 as a precedent Manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz, Audi, General Motors are now producing cars, manual ones at that, but sold at premium-grade prices. People still drive, and car-sharing services are popular, but not as much as they were in the early 2020s, driving has made a comeback and is in fashion.

Self-driving trucks exist, although some manual ones still operate, but not as extensively, however, some operators cling to keeping it on. This is due to both legal and social reasons of the 2020s and 2030s. There are even theme park centered around trucking, in states like VA, TX (well, two actually, in, Houston and Dallas), UT, AZ, NV, MN and CA. Same for manual-driven cars, although replicating an entire town (a la Disneyland which I went to aged 12, with its Main Street) proves to be a logistical challenge.

The Internet is much more influential than before, although social media has gone the way of MySpace and such, people using encrypted email and newer, faster web hosting for their sites. Broadband is faster than it ever was in 2015. In 2032, the biggest issues are freedom of speech, Islamophobia, and terrorism from Africa and the Middle East. Obesity is considered society's biggest problem after freedom of speech. Podcasting becomes the trendy thing, pushing self-driving cars into becoming widely hated and joked about. So much so that people use ride-sharing less, calling it shitty and no longer as good as it once was.

A Supreme Court ruling in 2032 has meant that net neutrality is in full effect, but the law is still in force for things like hate speech and death threats.

Self-driving cars started to become unfashionable around 2026-2029 when comedians turned them into joke fodder, with podcast jokes about them, and terrorists found ways to hack the system to cause mass disruption, with anonymous cryptocurrencies funding their terrorism. Police still have to stop manual-driven cars every once in a while, but can also remotely stop autonomous cars in their semi-autonomous police cruisers, which look like your Dodge Charger of 2015, but leaner and more economical, and, yeah, some are electric Dodge Charger models. So much for calling it Dodge Charger in the 2010s, were they onto something then? You still get car dealers and salesmen, but it becomes more like a cross between a boutique and a sales floor.

Driving suddenly becomes trendy again after a major celebrity talks up how good it is, and was, he brings out his 2014 Chevrolet Corvette, which is by now 18 years old, and it's in damn good condition. People find it cool that he can drive and is control, with one blogger in March 2032 saying "Damn 'bot drivers, we can do it better, sure we have accidents, but it's too creepy now. I drove in 2015, and I'm gonna keep on driving, so Bleep you, The Man". He's 68 years old, by the way; back in 2015 he was a 51-year-old and drove. He's a major celebrity known for being a talking head on many things, sport, showbiz, anything you can care to name.

Back in 2015, I didn't expect or think of this sort of thing, I was on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. In fact, I was in college, and I both needed to and wanted to drive, even though what people called "Milennials" (or as they do now, in your era of 2015) wanted to drive less.

Smartphones are much lighter than they were in 2015. And this is the way things went in 2032, at least, here in Newport, ME. However, the future holds a lot more interesting things to come, for the 2040s. We already have Hitler in a museum alive through AI and holographic projection reciting his speech, bringing the dead back to life. So, this is 2032, and as for 2015, it was a good and bad year in full, with 2016 being a year that people started to question the ethics of technology in their lives.

Back in 2015 I was a bit of a stoner, and a Girl Gone Wild. Man, I hate myself for that. But in 2032 (now) I'm a mom, businesswoman and possible politician-to-be. I've got to get back to April 2032 now otherwise the time stream's gonna change my existence. Let's hope you 2015 people don't change this time frame too badly, now you've seen what it's like in 2032. Kayla

http://www.wearobo.com/2015/06/heres-how-world-would-be-like-in-year.html

2 Likes

Re: Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 by INTROVERT(f): 9:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
What did I just read.
Re: Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 by Techoftoday: 9:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
Like it?
Re: Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
What?

No! I don't want to know the future!!
Re: Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
#Superstory
Re: Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 by Techoftoday: 9:31pm On Jun 26, 2015
Superstory?l don't think so. Cars are already driving themselves on Europe and America.
Re: Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 by akunjohn(m): 10:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
Wake up!,na d film wey u watch last nite u dey take dream
Re: Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
Techoftoday:
Superstory?l don't think so. Cars are already driving themselves on Europe and America.
Are you now saying that you believe it?
Re: Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 by Techoftoday: 11:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
Maybe this link will convonce you www.wearobo.com
Re: Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 by Angelou(m): 5:54am On Jun 27, 2015
Techoftoday:
Maybe this link will convonce you www.wearobo.com
"CONVONCE"? Is that the new vocabulary that is used in year 2032? :-/
Re: Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 by Techoftoday: 6:06am On Jun 27, 2015
ha ha ha! lt's a typographical error. thanks for pointing that out.....
Re: Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 by Mznaett: 11:08am On Jun 27, 2015
Omo dz one pass me o shocked pastor no fit predict wetin go happen in d next second sef but this one don go far lol

na madnezz b dz jor
Re: Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 by Techoftoday: 6:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
It's already happening.
Re: Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 by caesaraba(m): 4:48am On Oct 15, 2015
This is what happens when a man mistakenly overdoses on expired Postinor 2.
Re: Must Read:i've Just Travelled Back From April 2032 To June 2015 by myworldtech: 10:23pm On Oct 15, 2015
iShilove lalasticlala where are you? Someone is on the loose!

(1) (Reply)

The Science Of Tears / How Do I Start A Blog? / See What We Just Killed To Celebrate Our Victory Over NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.