Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

I Believe That God, Blessed Be His Name, Is One Person. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Believe That God, Blessed Be His Name, Is One Person. (622 Views)

Why I Believe Stephanie Otobo Is Lying Against Apostle Sulieman / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists / When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Believe That God, Blessed Be His Name, Is One Person. by cosiocan(m): 8:25am On Jun 27, 2015
Brothers in Christ, the Heart desires of Our God is for all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."For there is only ONE God, and only ONE mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"
(1 Timothy 2:5).
"And there is no other God but one and even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is only ONE God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and only ONE Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live".
Notice, that Paul says that there is “one God,” who is not the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but “the Father.”
(1Corinthians 8:5-6).
Observe, that Christ and his Apostles did not preach against the doctrine of Moses; which is "Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord and thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy mind and with all thy strength." Understand; (One person= One Lord, but Three Persons in One= Three Lords in One)
(Deut 6:cool (Matt. 22:37) (Mark 12:29-30).
To crown it all, John undeniably declared to the Saints saying, "that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; AND TRULY OUR FELLOWSHIP IS WITH THE FATHER AND WITH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST". Notice, that John said here that the "true fellowship" is with the Father and with the Son alone.
(1 John 1:3).
Therefore, I believe with perfect faith that God, Blessed be His Name, is One Person, who is the Father and He alone is our God, who was, and is, and will be.
I believe, that God the Father is the Person of the Holy Spirit in Christ Jesus; as it is written; "God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself"
(2Cor 5:19).
And Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Person of the Holy Spirit in the saints, as it is written; "through Him we have access by one Spirit unto the Father"
(Ephesians 2:18).
Even Christ himself illustrated this divine relationship, when He prayed for the unity of the saints saying, the glory which you (the Father) has given me I have given to them: that they (the saints) may be one, even as we (the Father and the Son) are one. I (Christ) in them (the saints) and you (the Father) in me (christ), that they may be made perfect in one.
We can deduce from this illustration, that the Father is the person in Christ and Christ is the person in the saints. However this relationship is possible through the Holy Spirit.
(John 17:22-23).
As it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam Christ became a life-giving Spirit. (Or The Holy Spirit)
(1 Corinthians 15:45).
For this reason, Apostle Paul stated clearly; that if the Jews should turn their hearts to the Lord Jesus, then the veil of Moses shall be taken away from their hearts. "Now the Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty". And if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
( 2 Corinthians 3:16-17). (Roman 8:9).
Therefore examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, how that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are reprobates.
(2 Corinthians 13:5).

1 Like

Re: I Believe That God, Blessed Be His Name, Is One Person. by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 27, 2015
cosiocan:
Brothers in Christ, the Heart desires of Our God is for all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."For there is only ONE God, and only ONE mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"
(1 Timothy 2:5).
"And there is no other God but one and even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is only ONE God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and only ONE Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live".
Notice, that Paul says that there is “one God,” who is not the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but “the Father.”
(1Corinthians 8:5-6).
Observe, that Christ and his Apostles did not preach against the doctrine of Moses; which is "Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord and thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy mind and with all thy strength." Understand; (One person= One Lord, but Three Persons in One= Three Lords in One)
(Deut 6:cool (Matt. 22:37) (Mark 12:29-30).
To crown it all, John undeniably declared to the Saints saying, "that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; AND TRULY OUR FELLOWSHIP IS WITH THE FATHER AND WITH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST". Notice, that John said here that the "true fellowship" is with the Father and with the Son alone.
(1 John 1:3).
Therefore, I believe with perfect faith that God, Blessed be His Name, is One Person, who is the Father and He alone is our God, who was, and is, and will be.
I believe, that God the Father is the Person of the Holy Spirit in Christ Jesus; as it is written; "God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself"
(2Cor 5:19).
And Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Person of the Holy Spirit in the saints, as it is written; "through Him we have access by one Spirit unto the Father"
(Ephesians 2:18).
Even Christ himself illustrated this divine relationship, when He prayed for the unity of the saints saying, the glory which you (the Father) has given me I have given to them: that they (the saints) may be one, even as we (the Father and the Son) are one. I (Christ) in them (the saints) and you (the Father) in me (christ), that they may be made perfect in one.
We can deduce from this illustration, that the Father is the person in Christ and Christ is the person in the saints. However this relationship is possible through the Holy Spirit.
(John 17:22-23).
As it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam Christ became a life-giving Spirit. (Or The Holy Spirit)
(1 Corinthians 15:45).
For this reason, Apostle Paul stated clearly; that if the Jews should turn their hearts to the Lord Jesus, then the veil of Moses shall be taken away from their hearts. "Now the Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty". And if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
( 2 Corinthians 3:16-17). (Roman 8:9).
Therefore examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, how that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are reprobates.
(2 Corinthians 13:5).
is this what you were sent to preach?

(1) (Reply)

Checkout How To Worship God In The N50 Billion Paul Adefarasin's House On The Ro / Are You Aware Of This In Yenagoa, Bayelsa State? / Same Sex Marriage: Bishop T.D. Jakes Speaks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.