Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,319 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? (2514 Views)

Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android / Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp / 3 Reasons Why Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by nonny400(m): 11:03am On Jun 27, 2015
The new bbm app has been released, and as usual blackberry has tried to incorporate some new features to the app that wasn't there before. Now,you get to change your dp in a different way,make updates differently, and the new private chat feature it included.

Is bbm going to ever be better than Whatsapp? Let's see pictures...

https://vugatech./2015/06/27/bbm-releases-latest-update-for-subscribers/

Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by israel770(m): 11:06am On Jun 27, 2015
Thanks Op

1 Like

Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by sojye: 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
How do you go about the private chat cos I cant find one on my phone despite just updating the BBM to latest version from playstore. I only saw a mask like that of the movie starred by Antonio Banderas and when I clicked on it, it shows message prompting the receiver that he or she should upgrade his BBM before using the private chat
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by nonny400(m): 1:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
sojye:
How do you go about the private chat cos I cant find one on my phone despite just updating the BBM to latest version from playstore. I only saw a mask like that of the movie starred by Antonio Banderas and when I clicked on it, it shows message prompting the receiver that he or she should upgrade his BBM before using the private chat

You can only have a private chat with someone using the latest version of the app. The old version doesn't have the feature, that's the reason.
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
nonny400:

You can only have a private chat with someone using the latest version of the app. The old version doesn't have the feature, that's the reason.
It even have back up message self. Perharps the next version will allow it. BBM drew ideas from from telegram,whatsapp,wechat e.t.c
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by sojye: 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
OK. I'll try it with someone using the latest version
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
This new update... does it allows one to back up messages?
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
iyke926:
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
see some screnshots

Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
asuustrike2009:
see some screnshots
That's cool. I will still be rocking my GBBM jare.
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
iyke926:

That's cool. I will still be rocking my GBBM jare.
that GBBM still dey? I have the raw file But I deleted it because I didn't fancy it anymore. How come you were able to bold my text? please show me the way
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by samintegrity(m): 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
nonny400:
The new bbm app has been released, and as usual blackberry has tried to incorporate some new features to the app that wasn't there before. Now,you get to change your dp in a different way,make updates differently, and the new private chat feature it included.

Boss for one main thing ability to send file wooooo to me i rate ova watsapp oo buh if only i can equally chat with my phone contact that are not on my bbm buh av bbm installed on dia device den amma Uninstall my watsapp.. Till den i will use both
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
Very nice
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
samintegrity:

Boss for one main thing ability to send file wooooo to me i rate ova watsapp oo buh if only i can equally chat with my phone contact that are not on my bbm buh av bbm installed on dia device den amma Uninstall my watsapp.. Till den i will use both
It doesn't do that for now. That's one thing I hate about whatsapp. They allow any Tom and Dickson to send messages even when they're not your friend.
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by nonny400(m): 9:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
iyke926:

Yes it does boss. all my messages are backed up.
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by nonny400(m): 9:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
samintegrity:

Very true bro. Ability to send files is exclusive to bbm. That's one major advantage.
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by modskiller(m): 6:48am On Jun 28, 2015
Still waiting for a blackberry that will be like 9810 in terms of ruggedness and handling.
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by nonny400(m): 8:38am On Jun 28, 2015
modskiller:
Still waiting for a blackberry that will be like 9810 in terms of ruggedness and handling.

This isn't actually about blackberry, but about the messenger across different platforms.
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by opinions4u: 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
nonny400:

Ain't the chat already private? Are you saying we've been having a non private chat on BBM all along? I just don't get this.
Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by nonny400(m): 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
opinions4u:

Ain't the chat already private? Are you saying we've been having a non private chat on BBM all along? I just don't get this.

The difference is that the new private chat destroys itself immediately you leave it. No name is shown,and it is self destructive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bbm Adds Private Chat To Messenger. Is It Worth D Hype And Better Than Whatsapp? by yomalex(m): 7:29pm On Jun 30, 2015

(1) (Reply)

My Facebook Account Has Been Hacked Help!!!! / IPod Airpods that can be used for both Apple iPhone and Android phones for sale / Pls How Can I Remove This Earphone Icon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.