Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,727 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. (6146 Views)

Chat Between A Married Man And His Ex-Girlfriend / Married Man In Enugu Caught In Bed With Married Woman (photo) / Ladies, If He Loves You But Doesn't Want Marriage, Would You Stay Anyway? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by DatBossAssChick(f): 1:05pm On Jun 27, 2015
Don't know how to start this..

I know in this our society nothing goes for nothing.. I've know this man for a year plus, he is very friendly and generous to me, but he is married and I'm in a serious relationship which I have disclosed to him but he keeps insisting we keep this friendship as it is.

Of course man shall not live by bread alone, I'm working and I still leave under my parents roof and my parents still gives me enough money, so I'm very much comfy but most times I need more but not to the extent of borrowing or asking anyone for money. Ok!how he got my account number?!.. was when i was serving and i was kinda broke and i just passed the info to him jokingly and next thing was an alert! I was kinda shocked, happy and grateful at the same time. Since then it is now a regular thing which is becoming scary and I don't want to be blinded by these things.

I've tried to give this man enough distance but it isnt enough, he understands I'm trying to do that but still insist we keep. I keep wondering what one can do.. It won't be funny if my guy finds out that I keep receiving money from him and might not believe my explanations.

What can I do? Pls who else has gone through this before?

Pls matured opinions and critics pls don't criticize.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by kestolove95(m): 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
He wants ur head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by INTROVERT(f): 1:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
I'm learn something too as am in almost similar situation.

How did you meet him OP.
Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by Infomizer(m): 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
He could just be a benevolent person. Not every giver wants something in return. Perhaps he derives joy from doing good.

My answer might not be satisfactory - even to me, so I'd suggest you do your due diligence. Does he take care of his family well? Is he generally 'philanthropic' (you can chat him up subtly on how you want to start contributing money to one motherless babies home or something just to sample his opinion)?

Point is: be sure it's his nature so at least you can remove that suspicion of him wanting something in return.

If it turns out that it isn't in his nature, my sister, enjoy it while it lasts, and have an exit plan! Some of those that will diss you here wish they were in your shoes.

I don yarn.

Follow this advice too!
KOLZY:

my dear first things first... does his wife know about his friendship with you? if NO try and make him introduce to his wife and become a friend of the family else or if he refused cut it off its not genuine.
secondly, from what you've written you boyfriend doesn't know about him. so sit him down and tell him about it.
from here you'll know what to do.
so let your mind be at rest... understanding is all what this takes

2 Likes

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by oyindare(m): 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
Na sex u want or money undecided.?
Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by KOLZY(m): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
DatBossAssChick:

I know in this our society nothing goes for nothing.. I've know this man for a year plus, he is very friendly and generous to me, but he is married and I'm in a serious relationship which I have disclosed to him but he keeps insisting we keep this friendship as it is.

Of course man shall not live by bread alone, I'm working and I still leave under my parents roof and my parents still gives me enough money, so I'm very much comfy but most times I need more but not to the extent of borrowing or asking anyone for money. Ok!how he got my account number?!.. was when i was serving and i was kinda broke and i just passed the info to him jokingly and next thing was an alert! I was kinda shocked, happy and grateful at the same time. Since then it is now a regular thing which is becoming scary and I don't want to be blinded by these things.

I've tried to give this man enough distance but it isnt enough, he understands I'm trying to do that but still insist we keep. I keep wondering what one can do.. It won't be funny if my guy finds out that I keep receiving money from him and might not believe my explanations.

my dear first things first... does his wife know about his friendship with you? if NO try and make him introduce to his wife and become a friend of the family else or if he refused cut it off its not genuine.
secondly, from what you've written you boyfriend doesn't know about him. so sit him down and tell him about it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by Edwardhead(m): 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
[size=30pt]send it to ma account, if he doesn't need you, dont spend d money on yaself[/size]
Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by donholy28(m): 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
Who said he doesnt want sex...just open ur legs and see as he will dive in...but what re u doing with a married man..and soon u will expect ur husband to be faithful... u might even breakup a marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by edwife(f): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
KOLZY:

Good one!

2 Likes

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by Cutehector(m): 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2015
No comment..... Frm clap, e dey enta shoki
Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by veraponpo(m): 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
There can be many probable reasons:

1. You might be precious to him because there are some people you just want to be close to in life. I have such people in my life;

2. He might be kind and generous generally. I had a friend that was giving me minimum of #5000 monthly when I was in school ( 2000 to 2004). He never received anything in return. He also did for many people like that including some women and young ladies.

3. He might believe you will give in later. Some people have special grace to hope. He might be hoping that time will tell and one day you will give him a chance.

4. He might be fetish. Some people do some things with diabolical power to benefit spiritually from their victims.

Carry out some background checks on him to know him well. Also tell your man on time. If he asks you to stop it , pls do immediately .

3 Likes

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by KOLZY(m): 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
Infomizer:
He could just be a benevolent person. Not every giver wants something in return. Perhaps he derives joy from doing good.

My answer might not be satisfactory - even to me, so I'd suggest you do your due diligence. Does he take care of his family well? Is he generally 'philanthropic' (you can chat him up subtly on how you want to start contributing money to one motherless babies home or something just to sample his opinion)?

Point is: be sure it's his nature so at least you can remove that suspicion of him wanting something in return.

If it turns out that it isn't in his nature, my sister, enjoy it while it lasts, and have an exit plan! Some of those that will diss you here wish they were in your shoes.
Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
You jokingly sent your account no to him?.. Story for the gods... undecided

If his wife is ignorant of your relationship with her husband.. Then please leave the man to focus on his family.. You too, focus on your bf..

16 Likes

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
Men don't give for free, especially in circumstances like this.
Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by swimcash(m): 2:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
ok
Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by amtheone(m): 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
firstEVA:

You are wrong Eva, some men give without any hidden agenda.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by swimcash(m): 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
neva reject a gift
Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by funlord(m): 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
grin No worry op! Dem go soon use your skull 4 ritual!

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
amtheone:

You are wrong Eva, some men give without any hidden agenda.
so why will he continue to give her when she doesn't really lack anything?

If she was someone who needed help, well maybe, but in this case, the guy is just sowing a seed which he hopes to germinate soon, u know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2015
Deep down in you, you will know what his motives are.

Its up to you; If one really wants to sever a relationship, one knows what to do

As for the money. it will eventually cloud your judgement especially when you get used to it and you cant do without it

You are living above your means, (your salary is not enough for you) so you will soon get to that point where you will be relying on this mans money and then you will be boxed into a corner. Its only a matter of time.
He too probably knows that and is playing the waiting game.

5 Likes

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by steffans(m): 6:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
D guy is scheming his way through... Once u have fallen... U will think ur puna is not for u again...

Introvert how market?
Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by toksbisola: 10:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
@Op; First things first; PLEASE TRY YOUR POSSIBLE BEST TO SEVER THIS SUDDEN CLOSE BOND YOU HAVE WITH THIS MARRIED MAN. You know why; YOU ARE NOW IN A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP WITH ANOTHER MAN.

As it looks, it’s turning into something that you're now unable to handle effectively. In turn, this married man is not taking NO for an answer as you have asserted in your comment(s). I can guarantee you that the day his wife and your boyfriend finds out about this close friendship; it wouldn’t be something very palatable to either the married mans' WIFE or your BF.

I am going to state 2 CLEAR scenarios and please think about them carefully;

First scenario
If you were the mans’ wife in question, and you find out that your husband is keeping a close friendship with another lady as well as sending money into the lady's account (not his family member) how would you feel?

Second scenario
If it were your BF (that you are now in a serious relationship with) is keeping a close friendship with another lady and sending money regularly into the lady's account (again not his family member), how would you feel?

When a married man tells a lady he is not married to that he wants to keep a friendship with her, alarm bells should start ringing. It is not healthy to keep a “CLOSE FRIENDSHIP” (permit me to say that’s what I term yours; based on your write-up) with a married man, as this can lead to something else either KNOWINGLY OR UNKNOWINGLY. Mind you, I am not talking about the "Hi, how are you type of friendship".

I’ll also like to highlight some questions that needs looking into FAST; and please, think about these questions carefully;

Wife’s perspective
1) Is his wife aware of you and your friendship with her husband?

2) Is his wife aware that he sends money into your account regularly; and what the reason(s) are for his doing so?

Boyfriends perspective
1) Is you BF aware of this friendship you have with this married man?

2) Is your BF aware that he is sending you money regularly into your account; and what the reason(s) are for his doing so?

The day you BF would find out about this, you might not be able to handle how he would react. Don’t put yourself in a situation where your BF begins to DOUBT what you say; neither let him begin harboring TRUST ISSUES about the seriousness of the relationship you have with him.

Never allow a situation where your BF starts to view you as someone who is not SATISFIED/CONTENT WITH WHAT SHE HAS “MONEY-WISE ”. Don’t let him figure you as a person who would not be able to manage the money he gives you either as a GF or when you eventually become his WIFE. Avoid a scenario where he would look at you as AN OLIVER TWIST (No offence; hope none taken).

It’s imperative for one to learn to live within their means. As you mentioned, your parents provide for you, and you also work, and I am sure your BF also gives you money (maybe/maybe not) so I can’t understand why the need for more. To crown it all, THE MORE IS COMING FROM A MARRIED MAN who is not even related to you in anyway I.E. as a brother, cousin or uncle. I SEE IT AS TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH THE JONES'S. Learn to be satisfied with what you have. Finally, handle this situation you have found yourself in with caution to AVOID STORIES THAT HURT.

I rest my case

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 28, 2015
Has he ever asked you out,or make funny moves when alone with you?

If not,maybe he likes your personality,or you remind him of lost someone,like his "late mum" etc.

Just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by DatBossAssChick(f): 6:53am On Jun 28, 2015
toksbisola:
@Op; First things first; PLEASE TRY YOUR POSSIBLE BEST TO SEVER THIS SUDDEN CLOSE BOND YOU HAVE WITH THIS MARRIED MAN. You know why; YOU ARE NOW IN A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP WITH ANOTHER MAN.

As it looks, it’s turning into something that you're now unable to handle effectively. In turn, this married man is not taking NO for an answer as you have asserted in your comment(s). I can guarantee you that the day his wife and your boyfriend finds out about this close friendship; it wouldn’t be something very palatable to either the married mans' WIFE or your BF.

I am going to state 2 CLEAR scenarios and please think about them carefully;

First scenario
If you were the mans’ wife in question, and you find out that your husband is keeping a close friendship with another lady as well as sending money into the lady's account (not his family member) how would you feel?

Second scenario
If it were your BF (that you are now in a serious relationship with) is keeping a close friendship with another lady and sending money regularly into the lady's account (again not his family member), how would you feel?

When a married man tells a lady he is not married to that he wants to keep a friendship with her, alarm bells should start ringing. It is not healthy to keep a “CLOSE FRIENDSHIP” (permit me to say that’s what I term yours; based on your write-up) with a married man, as this can lead to something else either KNOWINGLY OR UNKNOWINGLY. Mind you, I am not talking about the "Hi, how are you type of friendship".

I’ll also like to highlight some questions that needs looking into FAST; and please, think about these questions carefully;

Wife’s perspective
1) Is his wife aware of you and your friendship with her husband?

2) Is his wife aware that he sends money into your account regularly; and what the reason(s) are for his doing so?

Boyfriends perspective
1) Is you BF aware of this friendship you have with this married man?

2) Is your BF aware that he is sending you money regularly into your account; and what the reason(s) are for his doing so?

The day you BF would find out about this, you might not be able to handle how he would react. Don’t put yourself in a situation where your BF begins to DOUBT what you say; neither let him begin harboring TRUST ISSUES about the seriousness of the relationship you have with him.

Never allow a situation where your BF starts to view you as someone who is not SATISFIED/CONTENT WITH WHAT SHE HAS “MONEY-WISE ”. Don’t let him figure you as a person who would not be able to manage the money he gives you either as a GF or when you eventually become his WIFE. Avoid a scenario where he would look at you as AN OLIVER TWIST (No offence; hope none taken).

It’s imperative for one to learn to live within their means. As you mentioned, your parents provide for you, and you also work, and I am sure your BF also gives you money (maybe/maybe not) so I can’t understand why the need for more. To crown it all, THE MORE IS COMING FROM A MARRIED MAN who is not even related to you in anyway I.E. as a brother, cousin or uncle. I SEE IT AS TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH THE JONES'S. Learn to be satisfied with what you have. Finally, handle this situation you have found yourself in with caution to AVOID STORIES THAT HURT.

I rest my case
I'm so really grateful for this wonderful advice.

Thanks to all those who gave good opinions about this.

It hasn't been easy for me. I'm not the type who brings personal issues online but this particular had choked me and I was left with no choice. I'm really grateful. I think I know just what to do now.
Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by DatBossAssChick(f): 6:58am On Jun 28, 2015
Yomieluv:
Has he ever asked you out,or make funny moves when alone with you?

If not,maybe he likes your personality,or you remind him of lost someone,like his "late mum" etc.

Just my opinion.
Yes he has but on a close friend ground. It is a case of "let's just be close friends and I'll give you anything you want" undecided angry
Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by AlPeter: 7:06am On Jun 28, 2015
KOLZY:

this here says it all.... Don't keep it a secret let your bae know he ain't gonna Kill you!...... And be careful with the guy

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by adsonstone: 8:15am On Jun 28, 2015
DatBossAssChick:
...i was kinda broke and i just passed the info to him jokingly and next thing was an alert! I was kinda shocked, happy and grateful at the same time. Since then it is now a regular thing which is becoming scary and I don't want to be blinded by these things.

Hmmm...@ the bold.

"You jokingly sent your account details"

I'll strongly advise that you frankly tell him to stop sending you money, for the sake of your relationship and his marriage. However, if he insists, you can (get his wife's contact however you can), threaten to report to his wife and if he continues, report to his wife.

...but that's only if you really want to stop receiving money from him as you said.
Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 28, 2015
DatBossAssChick:

Lol.. you gave him your account details "jokingly" hmmm grin You get tactics sha.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 28, 2015
Sincerely , people take this life so serious ... too bad . Left for me , I would say don't twist your mind . I for one , I have many people- many a times strangers that I do give out money to with pure heart and without expecting anything in return . When I do so , it it not always because I have got all the money in this world or that I have no wants to solve with money or that I don't have relations that needs monetary help at such point in time , no , instead I do it because it is one thing that gives me internal joy . Only a few will understand the power of gift .

Meanwhile , as long as you have no form of promissory/agreement with your benefactor , believe you me you owe him no obligation whatsoever neither now nor in the future . And don't think that the man is a fool or dullard , to find out that he is not is whenever you may try to abuse the privilege of his generosity then you will know that truly he is just a well spirited entity that lives on logic rather than emotion .
Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 28, 2015
kestolove95:
He wants ur head
I love nairaland because of comments like this..
hilarious comments that lifts me up when work and personal stress gets the better part of my day
Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by Bollove: 10:30am On Jun 28, 2015
kestolove95:
He wants ur head
na so ooo Op run!
Re: Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. by chigoizie7(m): 1:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
firstEVA:

U ve been meeting the wrong guys.

I know many that gives nd never asked for anything in return.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time / HELP: Baby Things (twins) Needed (Delievered) / Happy Children's Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.