Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

The Song 'sade' Actually My Real Life Story - Adekunle Gold - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Song 'sade' Actually My Real Life Story - Adekunle Gold (8199 Views)

Sade Adu's Transgender Son Undergoes Breast Removal Surgery (Photos) / "When I Was 7 This Is My Real Face "- Don Jazzy (hilarious Photo) / Who I Called My Sister Is Actually My Mother –dencia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Song 'sade' Actually My Real Life Story - Adekunle Gold by nawtyqutekushj(m): 1:52am On Jun 28, 2015
Adekunle kosoko has become a popular name in the Nigerian music industry..He speaks with Doyin Adeoye in this interview on his career,labelmates and craft,among other interesting issues..

Foray into music...
Igrew up listening to alot of old songs,from old to the new..And it has been amazing how,over the years,I've learnt different genres..I was a member of teen's choir in church back in the days and after on in life,I joined a band in 2011 with a brand called "The Bridge, we dropped a couple of singles, we featured skales on the track 'NORM BREAKER'..Did another with Gt the guitarMan..Basically came into the music industry officially year 2011..

What Influenced your decision to go solo?
Things where not working for us the way we wanted..very hard to break into the music industry as a solo artist not to talk of a group.. we all decided to part ways and it worked out..Turned out to be the best decision i ever made..

What challenges did you face after your decision?
It wasn't easy,we were trying to get support and it was hard.. One of the reasons I decided to go solo in 2013..It was hard showing people what you have and them taking you for granted..sometimes beg blogger's to help use your story or friends to use your picture on their walls.. Did allot of begging,thank God all that changed after dropping Sade last year December..

Prior to the release of the song,did you expect this much buzz from it.........?
No I din't expect..had doubt's when I recorded the song to be honest..don't expect it to be a massive blow and its not even one of my biggest song..Its a cover to one of One Direction's song,told with my own story..

what exactly caught your attention in One direction's 'story of my life' that you decide to do a cover of it?
I can't really remember the first time I heard the song,but I remembered listening to it and free styled to the chorus while driving..Because I write and record a lot of songs while driving and that was how it was inspired..

How would you describe your style of music?
My genre is Urban Highlife..Its a fusion of pop folk and highlife basically international sound with local content..something i crafted myself..

What made the difference?
First I'd say God and secondly the sincerity of the song..Igot a lot of comment nd tweet people saying they like the sincerity of the song and the story it tells.. so I think the content of the song did most of it and probably the sound..

How did you come about the name 'Gold' ?
Iam a lover of God..I dint want to be known as Adekunle kosoko..told God I needed a name..Igot it from listening to a sermon..The preacher kept saying "you can't substitute Brass from Gold.. I took a cue and coined Adekunle Gold".

How would you asses the Nigerian music Industry in the time you've been a part of it?
Its pretty interesting and tough. A lot if people are afraid of me;they think Sade is probably to big and I may not have a follow up..Ican keep up with the standard I've set for myself.. Though I'm not one to brag,but 'sade' is not even close to the biggest song I have..

How is the experience of being signed to ''YBNL ?
It has been amazing and I didn't see it coming, although I've been friends wit Olamide before I dropped Sade..He actually called me before his holy concert an thought it was an opportunity to hang out with him..It was after the concert he said he was interested in signing me,adding that his producer pheelz been disturbing him to sign me..He told me about the deal,Iloved it and YBNL is a big platform that any artiste would love to be part of..

Your style of music is really different from thiers.Do you intend to change it to blend in or what?
I'll get creative along the line,I'm not going to put myself into the box..One thing is certain, whatever I pull out will be good song..

Do you feel like there is some kind of competition with your label mates?
I am not a competitive person.. The last time I was on a flight,i thought to myself that the sky is wide enough to accommodate many aircrafts conveniently at a time.That's how I see the industry..we all have different sounds and even if we do the same sound..I believe in seeing everyone thrive..

Education Background.......?
I studied Arts and industrial Designs at Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) where i graduated in 2009,I majored in graphics..

Family Background.......?
My Dad and Mum are both an educationist..I have two sister;they used to be three,but one is late..we were brought up really well..

Who are those artistes that inspire you?
I look up to artiste like Bez,Asa,Tuface and the likes..because through their years they all found a way to keep their sound and it has been working for them..Also Chief Ebenezer Obey and King Sunny Ade have sounds that people would want to do and it keeps them going...

Words are going round that you are romantically involved with XM3 music artiste,Simi...
Idont want to talk about that..I believe when the time is right, If there's anything to know,we'll know..

The cute #SadeOwner told that "sade" is his story..A girl he was chasing around for like three years ago, her name is "SADE"
Re: The Song 'sade' Actually My Real Life Story - Adekunle Gold by Nobody: 1:54am On Jun 28, 2015
I heard him say dat
Re: The Song 'sade' Actually My Real Life Story - Adekunle Gold by ayowonder(m): 2:27am On Jun 28, 2015
congrats
Re: The Song 'sade' Actually My Real Life Story - Adekunle Gold by Nobody: 4:09am On Jun 28, 2015
Ok. Next...
Re: The Song 'sade' Actually My Real Life Story - Adekunle Gold by Gyarados(m): 4:51am On Jun 28, 2015
Awesome, but ?
Re: The Song 'sade' Actually My Real Life Story - Adekunle Gold by hatux: 5:01am On Jun 28, 2015
Cool... But make this guy produce another track now, enough of sade sade month ti n roast ti e..
Re: The Song 'sade' Actually My Real Life Story - Adekunle Gold by tyson99(m): 7:01am On Jun 28, 2015
mummy nreti omo
Re: The Song 'sade' Actually My Real Life Story - Adekunle Gold by nawtyqutekushj(m): 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
Gyarados:
Awesome, but ?

what undecided

(1) (Reply)

Micheal Jackson's Photo With Grown Up Daughter Proof That He Is Alive? / These 5 Rare Photos Of Bobrisky Without Filters Might Scare You! / Is Phyno Gay? This Photo Suggests That

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.