Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Wow! Read How This Lady Lost 18kg In 30days. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Wow! Read How This Lady Lost 18kg In 30days. (1331 Views)

This Lady's Weight Loss Transformation Photos Will Leave You Speechless / This Lady Was HIV Positive At 14, Her Looks At 22 Now (Photo) / Months After Suffering From Fire Burns, See What This Lady Looks Like Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wow! Read How This Lady Lost 18kg In 30days. by africanpea: 10:16am On Jun 28, 2015
Few of this blog vistors sent me mails and were quite curious as to how I lost a whopping ‎18kg in 30days(1month) and some dropped comments in my previous post asking me to explain in details how I was able to achieve it. I earlier stated some women shed weight effortlessly while some find it difficult and maybe lazy to achieve it. Some expect an over night change. Since you didn't add the weight over night you can't loose so fast and easily.  

Disclaimer: This post is entirely my weight loss experience and views on weight loss guide. It's always advised you not suffering from any heart or lung ailment Before you embark on a weight loss journey.  ‎

These are few basic recommended items you'll need to purchase Before you begin your exercise: dumb bells(10kg precisely), sit up bench(optional) you can always improvise and  a skipping rope. ‎

Week 1 exercise: I started by skipping, ‎I barely completed 20 skips and was exhausted. It's always good to get an instructor or training partner who is willing to push you beyond your limits. Why I chose Lydia my daughter to do the counts is because she just learned how to count 1-100 and she felt every count must end in 100, imagine the dissapointment if I stop at 20 or 30. Perfect emotional blackmail, it pushed me to at least get close to hundred in every exercise I did. 

I lifted the 10kg dumb bells, one in each hand making it 20kg in total about 20times as well. It helps in firming up the bursts and shedding fats around your arm.‎  The entire training session lasted about an hour each day the  first week.

I didn't do sit-ups the 1st week as my body was experiencing serious muscle pulls due to the skipping and weight lift I did the first couple of days. 
At this point many women back out due to the muscle pull aches but I didn't give up. A deep tissue massage eased the pains.  

Week 1 dieting: First thing , I stopped eating pounded yam and all other forms of fufu‎. No soda, chips/fries, chicken, beef, bacon and I reduced my sugar intake generally which I replaced with honey. No chocolate drink for me too(milo, ovaltine etc) till date. I consumed lots of fresh ginger root and lime tea as my breakfast with a slice of  wheat bread sandwich. I iced up some batches of the ginger and lime tea and consume them when ever i'm thirsty. I took lots of vegetable salad and ate fruits as my dinner which were basically water melon, pineapple, apples and cucumbers. The positive effect was the constant bowel movement. 

Week 2 and 3 exercise ‎: I was ready to impress my kids with my skills this time around and not disappoint Lydia especially, with more determination I I crossed the 30skips I did the previous week, they cheered on as I crossed 50skip...lol. I couldn't go beyond 70skips as I was really tired, next was to attempt sit-ups. I sat on a flat surface on the floor, Josh and Esther held my feet tightly  to the floor while I did the sit-ups. They made me to run round the building several laps, Gosh! Kids are really energetic. Good thing I was allowed to rest at intervals. This time around I saw myself training for more than 3hours at a stretch.

4th and final week: I was making over hundred skips, 50sit-up‎, brisk walking and running too. On this final week I decided I was going to train morning and evening everyday. Even when I see myself loosing hope I think of why I started in the first place, the excitement on my kids face because they think it's play time with Mommy gladdened my heart as well. I worked even harder and rested well too. I didn't compromise my diet for even a split second. I stuck to my strict vegetables and fruits diet and took plenty of water to avoid dehydration. 

Though, I got few comments the previous week saying I lost some  weight, trust some Naija people to ask me if all was well with me and my home...Lmao. I was only waiting to climb the weighing scale to reveal the actual amount of weight i lost. On that faithful Sunday morning after taking a dump I decided to check my weight in my birth suit. I doubted my calculation after checking and cross checking, Lo and behold I lost 18kg!!!

Waist trainers did the rest of the magic in my tommy area, I eventually got used to wearing it often, I still waist train till date. ‎Ofcos! I still exercise and watch what I eat strictly.

NO PAIN NO GAIN!!‎

Source: www.diaryofanaijamom..com
Re: Wow! Read How This Lady Lost 18kg In 30days. by nobosaba(m): 10:19am On Jun 28, 2015
Wow
Re: Wow! Read How This Lady Lost 18kg In 30days. by angieberry(f): 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
Wow!!
No pain no gain smiley
Re: Wow! Read How This Lady Lost 18kg In 30days. by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
I love this woman. She knew what she wanted and went for it the right way. That is what i keep telling people, you cannot shed away fat overnight because you did not get fat overnight. All those "junks" that are called fat burner or slimming drugs are merely poisons. They are very toxic to the body and i very much pity those folks that indulge in them. Diet, exercise and rest are always key when shedding weight the healthy way. RIDE ON WOMAN, THAT IS THE SPIRIT.
Re: Wow! Read How This Lady Lost 18kg In 30days. by adorablepepple(f): 12:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
Nice

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Is Yours? / Live People Holding Their Own Hearts / Condom Myths And Unprotected Sex!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.