Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,748 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Thread 4 Purchasing/procurement And Supply Chain MGT Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread 4 Purchasing/procurement And Supply Chain MGT Students (4592 Views)

Nigerian Lady Is Best Graduating Student Of Project Mgt. At UK University / 2016 Lasu Post-utme Screeening Problem : Latest Official Update By The Mgt / Priscilla Ephraim Best Graduating Student-engineering Project Mgt At Coventry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread 4 Purchasing/procurement And Supply Chain MGT Students by sammyscholar(m): 11:59am On Jun 28, 2015
i had contemplated whether to post this in the career or education section. Given the fact that this course has not become too known (though fast becoming), we might not have many students studying it; but we sure have quite lot of persons who are, in one way or the other, performing this function at their respective places of work, and they can easily be found in the career section.

However, student may not get to see the thread; because only few of them visit the career section and they are the core focus of this post. Hence, my posting it here.

We have little number of higher institutions in Nigeria offering this course. Although some schools offer related courses like logistics mgt, production mgt, etc.

Note! the nomenclature used by each school might differ.

At present, only Olabisi Onabanjo University, Yaba College Of Technology, The Polytechnic Ibadan, Kwara State Polytechnic, Federal Polytechnic Ado-ekiti, and Kaduna State Polytechnic are offering the course (I might not be correct). The body regulating the profession in Nigeria, Chattered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management of Nigeria CIPSMN ( a sister body to CIPSM London) also has a structured program for those who might be willing to build career in this field. you can start at the foundation or professional level; depending on your initial knowledge and certificate.

As a saying goes, "a single tree cannot make a forest." I would want all students, graduates and professionals of PURCHASING AND SUPPLY/ PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT or other related fields to come in here and discuss what we love about the course/function, the prospects, hurdles and challenges, and all other areas suitable for discussion. I believe this thread is going to be of immense help to each and everyone of us.

lets get started!

2 Likes

Re: Thread 4 Purchasing/procurement And Supply Chain MGT Students by tpiander: 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
You can start the discussion although perhaps they arent many here.
Re: Thread 4 Purchasing/procurement And Supply Chain MGT Students by sammyscholar(m): 7:08am On Apr 01, 2016
sammyscholar:
i had contemplated whether to post this in the career or education section. Given the fact that this course has not become too known (though fast becoming), we might not have many students studying it; but we sure have quite lot of persons who are, in one way or the other, performing this function at their respective places of work, and they can easily be found in the career section.

However, student may not get to see the threada; because only few of them visit the career section and they are the core focus of this post. Hence, my posting it here.

We have little number of higher institutions in Nigeria offering this course. Although some schools offer related courses like logistics mgt, production mgt, etc.

Note! the nomenclature used by each school might differ.

At present, only Olabisi Onabanjo University, Yaba College Of Technology, The Polytechnic Ibadan, Kwara State Polytechnic, Federal Polytechnic Ado-ekiti, and Kaduna State Polytechnic are offering the course (I might not be correct). The body regulating the profession in Nigeria, Chattered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management of Nigeria CIPSMN ( a sister body to CIPSM London) also has a structured program for those who might be willing to build career in this field. you can start at the foundation or professional level; depending on your initial knowledge and certificate.

As a saying goes, "a single tree cannot make a forest." I would want all students, graduates and professionals of PURCHASING AND SUPPLY/ PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT or other related fields to come in here and discuss what we love about the course/function, the prospects, hurdles and challenges, and all other areas suitable for discussion. I believe this thread is going to be of immense help to each and everyone of us.

lets get started!
Re: Thread 4 Purchasing/procurement And Supply Chain MGT Students by archdon: 7:02am On Oct 29, 2016
Please which University in Nigeria offers Masters in Procurement
Re: Thread 4 Purchasing/procurement And Supply Chain MGT Students by trent01: 8:02pm On Mar 03, 2017
Hi am Emmanuel Ayodeji, i just completed my diploma in purchasing and supply in kwara state polytechnic, dis is a course that i Feel on Love with so much, but it really pains me Because most of the university in Nigeria don't have dis course and i really want to further how i wish the CIPSMN can do something about it so that many institution in Nigeria can start the course Because i really want to make it my profession.

Re: Thread 4 Purchasing/procurement And Supply Chain MGT Students by sammyscholar(m): 10:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
Hello bro, for now, no university offers the course in Nigeria. OOU used to offer it but stopped due to accreditation issue. However, since your passion burns for the course, I will suggest that you apply for HND in the same course either at KP or any other Polytechnics offering the course. I finished from The Polytechnic, Ibadan, so I can recommend the school.
trent01:
Hi am Emmanuel Ayodeji, i just completed my diploma in purchasing and supply in kwara state polytechnic, dis is a course that i Feel on Love with so much, but it really pains me Because most of the university in Nigeria don't have dis course and i really want to further how i wish the CIPSMN can do something about it so that many institution in Nigeria can start the course Because i really want to make it my profession.
Re: Thread 4 Purchasing/procurement And Supply Chain MGT Students by sherif4owo(m): 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
archdon:
Please which University in Nigeria offers Masters in Procurement
??
Re: Thread 4 Purchasing/procurement And Supply Chain MGT Students by BigGod4real: 10:04am On Oct 26, 2019
My name is Ade David. I have certificate in purchasing and supply which is equivalent to an ND in any of the polytechnics in Nigeria. I obtained it through Chartered institute of supply and management of Nigeria, and when applied for HND Purchasing and Supply in Kano state Polytechnic, I was rejected by the HOD of Purchasing and supply management of Kano state polytechnic even when when I was given provisional admission offer to study the course applied for.
I want to know if those institution offering the courses sees the institute as inferior to them academically or what? Because I know it is the same CIPSMN that accredited the same course to them.
Secondly, I want to know if I can be given admission to study HND purchasing and supply in any other institution of learning that offer the course in Nigeria with my ND equivalent from CIPSMN?
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Compare Girls Classroom Versus Boys Classroom In 1950’s In Nigeria / Jamb Cbt Centres In Ibadan And Oyo State / Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.