Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,448 members, 7,819,658 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Gayism Vs Polygamy - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gayism Vs Polygamy (962 Views)

Why Does A Nigerian Muslim Leader Want To Restrict Polygamy? / Emir Of Kano Moves To Ban Polygamy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gayism Vs Polygamy by lashane: 2:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
It is with immense sadness that I have followed the turn of events in the last days in the US. Finally, the greatest country in the world, the pacesetters in ideas and development, the legacy makers, and the biggest world shaper have now legalised gay marriage. It puts the question; must the western ideas be right for every other nation? In no time they will amplify their efforts to choke it down the throat of other communities using all strategies, from policies, to the social media, to movies. They will stare it into our face till there will be no breathing space. It brings up the reasoning that, America will only celebrate and make popular what it want. Regards Polygamy, the west re-wrote the books, re-shaped the world and made the world believe that it was such an absurd thing to do. When even to God our creator, Polygamy is admissible . A number of the Prophets of God were Polygamist, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, David, Solomon, Mohammd (pbuh). Even before the whites came to Africa with their thoughts, our fore fathers practiced it peacefully and coexisted harmoniously. Apparently, I am not encouraging polygamy, but only trying to shed more light to the issue that, Americans make right what they want and prefer, and they would do everything to institutionalise it to be grounded. I am happy that I am off this generation, in a 100years to come or more, humans living by then would be confused on what sexuality to live by, as ones neighbour might be gay and the house opposite could be lesbians. I also foresee history been made as the agitation to emanate soon, will be having the first gay Mayor, Governor and even President. My posit is thus: America has a blend of the both, a carrot and a stick. A carrot to make life easier, fun filled and a stick to push us towards perdition. Examples of the carrots are: Education, Infrastructural development, Internet, Shaping trendy life and styles........while the Sticks are: Guns, adverse effect of the internet for Illicit sex videos, Nude dress codes, Selfish political policies etc, gradual extinction of the Godly ethos. My advice to all and sundry is thus; be weary of the west, they make the world easier with their inventions and level of development, but they could make one loose thoughts of the real reason we were born, which is to strive to obey and serve God almighty.

1 Like

Re: Gayism Vs Polygamy by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
Length of this magnitude should come with a source...
Re: Gayism Vs Polygamy by lashane: 2:53pm On Jun 28, 2015
Freemanan:
Length of this magnitude should come with a source...
The source are my thoughts brother.
Re: Gayism Vs Polygamy by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
lashane:
The source are my thoughts brother.
Okay. It should have been stated...

Well I am still Reading...
Re: Gayism Vs Polygamy by kilode100(f): 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
Gayism is better.
Men issues!!
Na Men go spoil world aswear.
Wetin sef!!
Fvck unaselves biko but pls marry one wife.
I am a very jealous and possessive woman and I'd rather he knacks a man than another woman.

10 Likes

Re: Gayism Vs Polygamy by macof(m): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
kilode100:
Gayism is better.
Men issues!!
Na Men go spoil world aswear.
Wetin sef!!
Fvck unaselves biko but pls marry one wife.
I am a very jealous and possessive woman and I'd rather he knacks a man than another woman.
You are very foolish then. i guess u want your husband to leave you for another man
Re: Gayism Vs Polygamy by kilode100(f): 6:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
macof:

You are very foolish then. i guess u want your husband to leave you for another man

So much emotions on this thread.
I can bear my husband leaving me for another man, but I won't tolerant him leaving me for a woman.
He leaves with a man, he will live in guilt and he runs a risk in loosing everything and Everybody in his life.
He leaves me for a woman, I won't garner pity, people will always wonder what went wrong and conclude that his wife must ve driven the Anuofia into the hands of another woman etc etc...

More homo to his ass biko grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gayism Vs Polygamy by anonymous6(f): 6:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
lashane:
It is with immense sadness that I have followed the turn of events in the last days in the US. Finally, the greatest country in the world, the pacesetters in ideas and development, the legacy makers, and the biggest world shaper have now legalised gay marriage. It puts the question; must the western ideas be right for every other nation? In no time they will amplify their efforts to choke it down the throat of other communities using all strategies, from policies, to the social media, to movies. They will stare it into our face till there will be no breathing space. It brings up the reasoning that, America will only celebrate and make popular what it want. Regards Polygamy, the west re-wrote the books, re-shaped the world and made the world believe that it was such an absurd thing to do. When even to God our creator, Polygamy is admissible . A number of the Prophets of God were Polygamist, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, David, Solomon, Mohammd (pbuh). Even before the whites came to Africa with their thoughts, our fore fathers practiced it peacefully and coexisted harmoniously. Apparently, I am not encouraging polygamy, but only trying to shed more light to the issue that, Americans make right what they want and prefer, and they would do everything to institutionalise it to be grounded. I am happy that I am off this generation, in a 100years to come or more, humans living by then would be confused on what sexuality to live by, as ones neighbour might be gay and the house opposite could be lesbians. I also foresee history been made as the agitation to emanate soon, will be having the first gay Mayor, Governor and even President. My posit is thus: America has a blend of the both, a carrot and a stick. A carrot to make life easier, fun filled and a stick to push us towards perdition. Examples of the carrots are: Education, Infrastructural development, Internet, Shaping trendy life and styles........while the Sticks are: Guns, adverse effect of the internet for Illicit sex videos, Nude dress codes, Selfish political policies etc, gradual extinction of the Godly ethos. My advice to all and sundry is thus; be weary of the west, they make the world easier with their inventions and level of development, but they could make one loose thoughts of the real reason we were born, which is to strive to obey and serve God almighty.

I think you are over exaggerating this just a bit, but I don't know why this is a surprise because for the most part being gay is accepted in America, so this new federal law was bound to happen. Polygamy will never be accepted in America, cause it's a old school practice that doesn't sit well with people in the western world but in Nigeria it's the reverse. Even before the anti-gay law in nigeria, America and England put pressure in nigeria and Nigeria still passed the anti-gay law so I don't know what else pressure they can do to change the Nigerian governments mind. As much as some Africans don't agree with polygamy, it is still accepted and embraced by many Africans. I guess every country had their own way of doing things, not everything follows the same line.
Re: Gayism Vs Polygamy by macof(m): 7:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
kilode100:

So much emotions on this thread.
I can bear my husband leaving me for another man, but I won't tolerant him leaving me for a woman.
He leaves with a man, he will live in guilt and he runs a risk in loosing everything and Everybody in his life.
He leaves me for a woman, I won't garner pity, people will always wonder what went wrong and conclude that his wife must ve driven the Anuofia into the hands of another woman etc etc...

More homo to his ass biko grin grin

You're not serious shocked
Re: Gayism Vs Polygamy by kilode100(f): 1:24am On Jun 29, 2015
macof:

You're not seriously shocked

Why naa?... cheesy

(1) (Reply)

How The Yoruba Can Deal With The Igbo....azuka Onwuka / (Photo)have You Ever Heard Of This Tribe In Nigeria!!! / The Strongest Man In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.