Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,877 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Limiting Bandwidth For Friends On A Router - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Limiting Bandwidth For Friends On A Router (814 Views)

Learning Programming With High Cost Of Internet Bandwidth / I Just Found The Cheapest Vps Hosting Site With Unlimited Bandwidth / How To Secure My Wireless Router (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Limiting Bandwidth For Friends On A Router by lordweezy(m): 6:31pm On Jun 28, 2015
dear friends,please I know naija has able network engineers,now my question is I want an AAA system for authorising and accounting for friends who connect to my router,meanwhile am also doing more research,if you interested in my project,you welcome,and mind u it's sponsored,by me,please Jus mail me at lordweezyme@gmail.com
Re: Limiting Bandwidth For Friends On A Router by bigtt76(f): 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
What you need is a captive portal to enable them sign in each time they connect to your router. It shouldn't be difficult as many router thesedays come with it in-built (at least I know of Mikrotik router). Some android device's wifi hotspot can allow you limit bandwidth to other users too. All the best.

lordweezy:
dear friends,please I know naija has able network engineers,now my question is I want an AAA system for authorising and accounting for friends who connect to my router,meanwhile am also doing more research,if you interested in my project,you welcome,and mind u it's sponsored,by me,please Jus mail me at lordweezyme@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Limiting Bandwidth For Friends On A Router by lordweezy(m): 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
I have a netgear r7000 router and already installed dd-wrt on it and I don't wanna use other radius system,although am not good with websites but I wanna be jus get a little guideline. @bigtt I will really appreciate if u help me explain more on mail or whatssap me on 09096974626,after all knowledge is a gift,but have you been able to achieve such,I can do manage d landing page thing but what I want more is a situation where my friends use there Facebook to sign in,and I also limit them
Re: Limiting Bandwidth For Friends On A Router by jerflakes(m): 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
***opens door,

Enters thread,

Looks around confused,

Turns back to exit the thread,

Cant find the door again

Faints***
Re: Limiting Bandwidth For Friends On A Router by pseudonomer: 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
jerflakes:
***opens door,

Enters thread,

Looks around confused,

Turns back to exit the thread,

Cant find the door again

Faints***

And you're supposed to be funny?
Re: Limiting Bandwidth For Friends On A Router by jerflakes(m): 12:20am On Jun 30, 2015
pseudonomer:

And you're supposed to be funny?

What is funny about someone being confused and fainting?

Twisted psycho.

(1) (Reply)

Question On Web Domain / Fixed Asset Register / Learn How To Design A Blog Using Blogger Free(enter Here)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.