Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

How Smart Is Your Smartphone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Smart Is Your Smartphone? (528 Views)

20 Signs That You're Addicted To Your Smartphone / How Smart Is Your Smartphone? / Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Smart Is Your Smartphone? by Timprince(m): 12:53am On Jun 29, 2015
Smartphones have become ubiquitous nowadays you can hardly do without them.Over the past year phones have become so smart that they now provide us with just the mere call functions.What is a smartphone? I know most people don’t know what a smartphone means, all they know is just that they are using a phone totally different from their old dumb phone ,when I say a dumb phone I mean a phone that only provide the primary function of a cell phone which is to call and message . Those old phone are really dumb ,they aren’t smart like your smartphone .Imagine how you will feel if you are to spend a day with a phone like that.
According to Techopedia : A smartphone is a mobile phone with highly advanced features. A typical smartphone has a high resolution touch screen , wifi connectivity , web browsing capabilities and the ability to accept sophisticated applications. I personally define Smartphone as a phone capable of doing what a dumb phone cannot do through the help of cellular and wireless software to enhance a better user experience.
Then if your Smartphone is smart, how smartly do you use it? Some people use their smartphone dumbly which definitely turns it into a dumb phone. If you buy a smartphone and you are making use of it for calling and messaging only then you are already turning it into a dumb phone. There are lots of great third party Apps uploaded daily to different smartphone Apps store which can make you efficiently use your smartphone. You have to explore the functions that your Smartphone can perform which your ordinary cell phone cannot do.
What makes my smartphone Smart (Important Smartphone Features)
Operating System
A smartphone must have a specific operating system that guides its operation. Operating system is program that acts as an interface between the user of a system and the system hardware. The main purpose of an operating system is to provide an environment in which a user execute programs.
Contact Storage
The number of contacts which you can store on your normal cell phone is limited , some cell phone allows you to store up to 200 contacts while some doesn’t give you the chance to store up to that , but with your smartphone you can definitely store as much contacts as you want just wit the help of your Google account and you also have a option of backing up your contacts which keeps you on a saver side than those using a dumb phone.
Apps
You can use a lots of third party apps on your smartphone by just downloading them on your OS store. Almost all PC software/Apps now have a corresponding Smartphone Apps for different OS.So you can definitely regard your smartphone as a mini PC.
Games
You can play lots of high quality games on your Smartphone , even PSP games can now be played on Android devices.You can read HOW TO PLAY WWE SMACKDOWN VS RAW ON ANDROID DEVICE
Connectivity and File transfer.
You can transfer a large file of up to 1GB between two smartphones in less than five minutes with the help if a third party app (flashshare/xender). I think you will have to wait for years in order for this to be completed on an ordinary phone with Bluetooth. You can also share your PC network with your smartphone and vice versa by connecting with the hotspot/wifi. It is also possible to share network through the USB cable by enabling USB tethering on your smartphone.
Speed /processing
Accessing the internet is much more faster on smartphone than on an ordinary phone which have an internet access. With the inclusion of better RAMs and processor on newly released phones grin, you get a better user experience on your smartphone and you can access information ten times faster than an ordinary phone.

Apart from the above listed features ,there are so many other function which your smartphone can provide like high definition camera to capture images and video.There are some smartphone that can take a better quality pictures than some so called digital camera.You can also share your pictures to social media with just a click from your gallery. There are also great features which you can explore by downloading third party apps.
source:http://www.techbarrow.com/

1 Share

Re: How Smart Is Your Smartphone? by Clinton594(m): 2:05am On Jun 29, 2015
Who's gonna read this....?

Park well joor

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Users / Ipad Pro Vs Ipad Air 2 Vs Ipad Mini 4: What's The Difference? / Pls Advise Me On Changing Imei Of Non Mtk Device Like Itel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.