Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published (1289 Views)

A Gay Bible, Will You Buy? / Who Becomes The Next Bible - Queen Esther? / Could This Be Endtime?? Queen James Bible Produced To Battle Debate On Homosexua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by sim37(m): 6:47am On Jun 29, 2015
A book claiming to be the world's first 'gay
bible' has been published to coincide with the
debate on same-sex marriage.
Titled the 'Queen James Bible', its editors
claim that it is a re-working of the King
James Bible translated in a way that 'prevents
homophobic misinterpretation of God's Word'.
'Homosexuality was first overtly mentioned in
the Bible in 1946 in the Revised Standard
Version. There is no mention of or reference to
homosexuality in any Bible prior to this – only
interpretations have been made', the book's
official website said.
The publication, printed and bound in the U.S.
is timed to coincide with the current debate
over same-sex marriage.
The sales pitch on the website says: 'You
can’t choose your sexuality, but you can
choose Jesus. Now you can choose a Bible,
too'.
The book is on sale online but does not
advertise its origins, with no specific
publisher, editor or translator listed by name
on it's offical website. 'God' is listed as the
author and 'Jesus Christ' a contributor.
Douglas J. Moo, Wessner Chair of Biblical
Studies at Wheaton College and a professional
Bible translator, told The Christian Post that
the Queen James editors' assessment of past
translations is not entirely accurate.
'Few, if any English translations use the actual
words 'homosexuality' or 'homosexual.' But
the history of English translation shows that
versions have consistently used other
language to refer to what we would call
homosexual relationships', said Mr Moo.
'For instance, the King James Version of
Romans 1:27 refers to 'men, leaving the
natural use of the woman, burned in their lust
one toward another; men with men working
that which is unseemly.
'It would be very difficult to deny that this
language, and the language found in many
other places in both the OT and the NT, refers
to homosexuality.'
A Vicar in New Zealand, meanwhile, has
caused outrage by putting up a poster outside
his church in Auckland, New Zealand, that
claims Jesus was gay.
'It's Christmas. Time for Jesus to come out',
the sign proclaims, with an image of baby
Jesus as a toddler in a manger, surrounded by
a rainbow halo.
Reverend Glynn Cardy of St Matthew in the
City church, said that, as homosexuality was
not a word until the 1800s, any mention of it
in the Bible or other documents would have
mistranslations.
KING V QUEEN: BIBLES COMPARED
Queen James Bible
Genesis 19:5 (King James)
'And they called unto Lot, and said unto him,
Where are the men which came in to thee this
night? Bring them out unto us, that we may
know them.'
Genesis 19:5 (Queen James)
'And they called unto Lot, and said unto him,
Where are the men which came in to thee this
night? Bring them out unto us, that we may rape
and humiliate them'
Timothy 1:10 (King James)
'For whoremongers, for them that defile
themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for
liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any
other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine'
Timothy 1:10 (Queen James)
'For whoremongers, for them that defile
themselves, for menstealers, for liars, for
perjured persons, and if there be any other thing
that is contrary to sound doctrine'
Jude 1:7 (King James)'
'Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities
about them in like manner, giving themselves
over to fornication, and going after strange flesh,
are set forth for an example, suffering the
vengeance of eternal fire'
Jude 1:7 (Queen James)
'Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities
about them in like manner, giving themselves
over to fornication, and going after nonhuman
flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the
vengeance of eternal fire'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/
article-2249515/World-s-gay-bible-Special-Queen-
James-edition-changes-translation-key-sex-
sentences.html
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by maverickdude(m): 6:52am On Jun 29, 2015
end time
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by themonk(m): 6:53am On Jun 29, 2015
Hmm
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by themonk(m): 6:53am On Jun 29, 2015
This shit is bleeped up
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 29, 2015
Total rubbish
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by madridguy(m): 6:58am On Jun 29, 2015
ISLAM ANYDAY ANYTIME.

Proud to be a Muslim.

2 Likes

Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by Zaikon(m): 7:06am On Jun 29, 2015
no comment

or have i ?
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by datguru: 7:28am On Jun 29, 2015
End time
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by rawtouch: 7:37am On Jun 29, 2015
hahahahahaha....
Queen james.....
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by Samunique(m): 8:29am On Jun 29, 2015
I don't think the posters above me seem to understand the contents of this thread, though the headline is somehow dubious and misleading, it does not agree with the contents of the article.

I think if I understand it well, the Queen James bible translation ( not a gay bible as the OP tries to portray it ) uses stiffer and stronger terms ( English words ) to translate the bible verses that are against same sex-marriage than king James does. which means it handed stronger condemnation to same sex-marriage.

I think the OP need to correct the heading if he's not trying to mischievous here. Bcs the word " Queen James" is another stupidity from those who are looking for means to justify their gay madness which their so called Queen James bible translation also condemns in stronger terms. And i know that some people will just read the headline without the contents before posting comments.
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by Samunique(m): 8:54am On Jun 29, 2015
madridguy:
ISLAM ANYDAY ANYTIME.
Proud to be a Muslim.
Then what are you doing here?
Did anyone ask u, or has this topic got anything to do with Islam?

1 Like

Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by Anas09: 8:58am On Jun 29, 2015
Why Queen James? Is that not stupid to call a Queen James? Why not Queen Jane if there most be any similarity? Smh. People have just gone insane. God is watching.
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by madridguy(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2015
Its a free world bro so I have the right to express myself and view.

Samunique:
Then what are you doing here?

Did anyone ask u, or has this topic got anything to do with Islam?
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by Samunique(m): 9:11am On Jun 29, 2015
Anas09:
Why Queen James? Is that not stupid to call a Queen James? Why not Queen Jane if there most be any similarity? Smh. People have just gone insane. God is watching.
They are just trying hard, looking for means to support their gay madness. Which one is Queen James But my joy is, when I read the consents I found out that their so called Queen James Bible even uses stronger words than king James version to condemn their gay madness.

One thing I know, no matter how hard they try the word of God remains the same, that is why they cannot remove the verses that are against their shameful and gay madness.
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by davien(m): 11:09am On Jun 29, 2015
If angels aren't human and the people of sodom wanted to have sex with them, is that homosexuality? Or perversion?
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by Rilwayne001: 11:19am On Jun 29, 2015
Anas09:

grin grin Orisirisi.
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by An2elect2(f): 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
The sales pitch on the website says: 'You can’t choose your sexuality, but you can choose Jesus. Now you can choose a Bible, too'.
Nansense!
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
xtianity *smh*
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by UyiIredia(m): 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
A very silly idea.
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by Scholar8200(m): 6:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
That they went after the Bible,need we look any further as to who is behind the movement and his hatred for the True Word of God, knowing he doesnt waste his efforts on others. The Truth suffers these attacks but its nothing new;Truth will prevail.
By the way, Sodom and Pompeii stands as warnings from history that God delays judgement not because He is weak or slack but because He still gives chance for repentance (the choice still remains ours) and/or He knows His judgements are not man's size!
Re: World’s First Gay Bible 'queen James ' Published by tpiander: 6:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
End times.

(1) (Reply)

Oluwa Mii Yio Dide / Catholic Saints: Life History And Prayers For Their Intercession On Our Behalf / Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.