Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation (1292 Views)

When Faiths Collide (lordnicklaus Vs Otemanuduno) / Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? Muslim View Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by TheDauraMallam: 7:18am On Aug 10, 2015
Hi,

I'm a Muslim and lately I have been reading many of the questions and answers on [this] site and thought to myself that I needed to express my thoughts and feelings too and hear what you have to say about it.

The two biggest religions in the world, Islam and Christianity both have a rule that is extremely disturbing when the two religions have so many followers and both make a lot of sense.

According to Islam, if you believe Jesus as the Son of God you go to hell, and according to Christianity if you believe that Jesus is not the Son of God you go to hell. Now living in the 21st century, how are we supposed to know what exactly happened in the Middle East 2000 years ago? Of course we cannot know, we can only believe. Lately this has been really stuck on my mind. I still believe in God but I feel very lost and insecure.

People and religions say you should love God, but I do not understand how I could love someone who would put me into hell for eternity based on what I believe about Jesus, even though God knows my situation and knows that I could never be sure about which belief is true. I do not want to lose my faith and I do not want to not have a chance of going to heaven either and so we must do what we can to try to find answers.

In one of your responses you said that no matter how much you have sinned, if you repent and believe Jesus is your savior you will still go to heaven. So on judgment day if I was to see very bad people who have repented and been saved, and if I was a very good person who always believed in God and never did bad things, only small mistakes that we all do and I go to hell being a much better person, then where is the just, merciful, understanding and loving God that I used to know and believe in? It looks as if Christianity shows an easy way out for Christians and makes it impossible for everybody else. I don't like the thought of this as it does not sound fair and at the same time it sounds scary since I am a Muslim.

If God was to toss a coin and ask you "heads or tails? If you are correct you go to heaven, but if you are wrong then you go to hell", then would you see this as a fair way of deciding who goes to heaven and hell? Of course you wouldn't but when you think about it, you have a much better chance this way since it is fifty-fifty. In real life it isn't fifty-fifty between Muslims and Christians, there are more religions too. Knowing that God has the power to do anything, both religions would be possible in terms of who Jesus really was.

I feel insecure but it is not something that can be ignored. My eternal life and all of ours is at stake. Now before you reply, instead of listing more contradictions in the Qur'an and trying to persuade me that your religion is correct, if you could just think what if YOU were born into a Muslim family and it was ME who was born into a Christian family, then who would be correct? Who would go to heaven and hell then? I was born into this game without a choice where if I win I have nothing to gain (Heaven is unneeded if one does not exist) but if I lose than I have everything to lose.

When there are so many murderers, rapists, people who do not believe in God at all, so many people who do not deserve to go to heaven, why is it that somebody who believes in God should burn for eternity just because they didn't correctly guess the right religion? People are going to be eternally punished for being unlucky.

Why should I be one of those who end ups burning forever for a reason so unreasonable and for something not in my hands (as you notice nearly all people raised in a family of a particular religion would stick to it and if I was to think about changing religions I am tossing up between a chance of guaranteed hell and a chance of guaranteed hell).

Nothing feels as bad as living blindly, knowing you might go to hell no matter how good you are as a person all because of something that is not in your hands as you can never know for sure what is right. I cannot accept something like this but cannot do anything about it. God is supposed to be fair but I do not see any fairness in this. If God understands our situation then why doesn't God forgive us for the incorrect belief of Jesus a lot of us have? (I am not saying which is right and wrong)

Thank you for reading, I really hope to get a reply from you and I really do not know what sort of reply to expect for something like what I wrote. There are so many little questions in my writing and you probably will not have the time to answer it all in detail and I do not know how helpful any reply would be keeping in mind that even the good go to hell but I would really like a reply not only for me but for all the people who visit www.nairaland.com that have similar thoughts to what I have since I believe that what I wrote about is the most important and the most scariest thing of all.

If I had a choice right now to die and never come back, I would choose that than to go on with this and have a high chance of ending up in hell. Nothing is worth the risk of eternal pain. It is not our fault that there are so many religions to choose from that sound right.

Thank you for having the website to give people the opportunity to express themselves and ask questions.
Sincerely,

TheDauraMallam. http://www.comereason.org/religious-exclusivism.asp
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by INTROVERT(f): 7:18am On Aug 10, 2015
brb
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by TheDauraMallam: 7:21am On Aug 10, 2015
INTROVERT:
brb

Grow up, phone app.
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by mathinips(m): 7:41am On Aug 10, 2015
The Almighty God.
He is a mysterious God.

Let me ask this question, In the quran what is the punishment for those who believe Jesus is the son of God?

In this world, where we all got it wrong is this:
We are trying to do the work of God, we want to help him. We have turn ourselves into the Judge (God). Ww now tell Him the people to send to hell. The bible said "thou shall not judge".

I want christians who reads the bible to remember what happen to tge man who try to prevent the ark of God from falling. He was condemed to death. so I wouldnt be suprise if many clerics dont make it to heaven.

You can preach to others what you believe, but dont judge others, dont condemn. This is what is causing problem all around the world.

Sometimes I wish we all have one religion all over the world, then personal moral would have count more.
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by VickJames(m): 7:47am On Aug 10, 2015
I have always asked myself, if buddhists, confuscianists, and other religions continue the way they worship, hell fire will be so full that they'll need to increase the capacity of hell.
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by TheDauraMallam: 8:04am On Aug 10, 2015
mathinips:
The Almighty God.
He is a mysterious God.

Let me ask this question, In the quran what is the punishment for those who believe Jesus is the son of God?

In this world, where we all got it wrong is this:
We are trying to do the work of God, we want to help him. We have turn ourselves into the Judge (God). Ww now tell Him the people to send to hell. The bible said "thou shall not judge".

I want christians who reads the bible to remember what happen to tge man who try to prevent the ark of God from falling. He was condemed to death. so I wouldnt be suprise if many clerics dont make it to heaven.

You can preach to others what you believe, but dont judge others, dont condemn. This is what is causing problem all around the world.

Sometimes I wish we all have one religion all over the world, then personal moral would have count more.

Seems you can't live a fulfilled life without religion, can you?
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by Eddlad: 8:20am On Aug 10, 2015
Your concerns and fears stem from prolonged exposed to twisted gospel. Christ didn't come to preach hell or much about heaven either but rather the kingdom of God, it's totally different, one is the possible reward and the other is about the behavior to make one deserving.

The word emphasizes that we do not judge, even after giving us all the 'guidelines'. As a matter of fact we can look at this yardstick and easily make our own judgment and that of others but the bible doesnt assert to this.
In have a deep and genuine thrust that judgement wont be as "one sided" as we think.

In the day's past when the disciples started propagating the gospel, their demeanor and lifestyle lead people to brand them,we Christians owe it unbelievers and other religious folk to see the 'christ' in our lives and induce a deep search and rethink irrespective background, religion or bearing.
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by dalaman: 8:36am On Aug 10, 2015
All religions and Gods are man made, that is why we have different Gods and different religious ideas. There is nothing like hell. It is just a trick to scare people and beat them into accepting mythology and fiction of the ancient people that invented all these convoluted stories and myths.

1 Like

Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 10, 2015
There is no such thing as heaven and hell and if at all their is, we all re going the same place irrespective of what we re fed right from birth

2 Likes

Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by malvisguy212: 9:06am On Aug 10, 2015
Those who believe in the son of God shall not be judge.
Those who have never come in contact with the Gospel will be judge base on there work.
And those who hered the gospel but reject it will not be allow to enter heaven.
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by dalaman: 9:17am On Aug 10, 2015
malvisguy212:
Those who have never come in contact with the Gospel will be judge base on there work.

Those who deny that there is no God but Allah and that Mohammed is his last messenger will not enter paradise. They will rot in hell.
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by TheDauraMallam: 9:21am On Aug 10, 2015
malvisguy212:

dalaman:

Those who deny that there is no God but Allah and that Mohammed is his last messenger will not enter paradise. They will rot in hell.

There's nothing as sweeter as pitching two religious fanatics together to display their delusion in the full glare of the Internet.

*chuckles*
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by dalaman: 9:31am On Aug 10, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

There's nothing as sweeter as pitching two religious fanatics together to display their delusion in the full glare of the Internet.

*chuckles*

I am an atheist. I am actually trying to get him to see the folly of his statement. I know he won't but am just trying to let him understand that the way he doesn't lose sleep when muslims threaten him with hell is the same way muslims and other non believers in the christian stories and bubble fail to lose sleep when he threatens them with hell. Of course every religion has to tell his adherents that if they believe they will be handsomely rewarded and those that fail to believe will be severely punished. Every religion does that.

1 Like

Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by ByfireByfire: 9:31am On Aug 10, 2015
TheDauraMallam:
Hi,

I'm a Muslim and lately I have been reading many of the questions and answers on [this] site and thought to myself that I needed to express my thoughts and feelings too and hear what you have to say about it.

The two biggest religions in the world, Islam and Christianity both have a rule that is extremely disturbing when the two religions have so many followers and both make a lot of sense.

According to Islam, if you believe Jesus as the Son of God you go to hell, and according to Christianity if you believe that Jesus is not the Son of God you go to hell. Now living in the 21st century, how are we supposed to know what exactly happened in the Middle East 2000 years ago? Of course we cannot know, we can only believe. Lately this has been really stuck on my mind. I still believe in God but I feel very lost and insecure.

People and religions say you should love God, but I do not understand how I could love someone who would put me into hell for eternity based on what I believe about Jesus, even though God knows my situation and knows that I could never be sure about which belief is true. I do not want to lose my faith and I do not want to not have a chance of going to heaven either and so we must do what we can to try to find answers.

In one of your responses you said that no matter how much you have sinned, if you repent and believe Jesus is your savior you will still go to heaven. So on judgment day if I was to see very bad people who have repented and been saved, and if I was a very good person who always believed in God and never did bad things, only small mistakes that we all do and I go to hell being a much better person, then where is the just, merciful, understanding and loving God that I used to know and believe in? It looks as if Christianity shows an easy way out for Christians and makes it impossible for everybody else. I don't like the thought of this as it does not sound fair and at the same time it sounds scary since I am a Muslim.

If God was to toss a coin and ask you "heads or tails? If you are correct you go to heaven, but if you are wrong then you go to hell", then would you see this as a fair way of deciding who goes to heaven and hell? Of course you wouldn't but when you think about it, you have a much better chance this way since it is fifty-fifty. In real life it isn't fifty-fifty between Muslims and Christians, there are more religions too. Knowing that God has the power to do anything, both religions would be possible in terms of who Jesus really was.

I feel insecure but it is not something that can be ignored. My eternal life and all of ours is at stake. Now before you reply, instead of listing more contradictions in the Qur'an and trying to persuade me that your religion is correct, if you could just think what if YOU were born into a Muslim family and it was ME who was born into a Christian family, then who would be correct? Who would go to heaven and hell then? I was born into this game without a choice where if I win I have nothing to gain (Heaven is unneeded if one does not exist) but if I lose than I have everything to lose................

TheDauraMallam. http://www.comereason.org/religious-exclusivism.asp

First Method(PRAY): If you are truly sincere, PRAY always and ask God to show you the true religion if he truly exists. You'll be shocked at the certainty of the answer. But remember the number 1 requirement God will look out for is sincerity in inquiry.

Second method(RESULT) : If you don't want the first method, then ask yourself that out of all the religions which one that if a man/woman stictly follows its teachings will yield the RESULT of genuine love, righteousness, holiness, healing for all incurable sickness, deliverance to demon possed, doing the impossible through God's power. Let us overlook the failed, flawed lives of many so called followers of different religions and rather look at the end result of the true teachings of each religion if strictly followed to the letter.

Third Method(LEADER): Ask yourself that out of all the religions existing which one had their main LEADER live the most holy, sinless life,showed genuine love the most, delivered the suffering, possessed and oppressed the most, healed incurable sicknesses the most, LIVED AN EXAMPLARY,SACRIFICIAL, SELF DENYING LIFE THE MOST... and in all that never shed blood or hurt anyone while doing all these good.

IF YOU ARE SINCERE YOU'LL FIND THE ANSWER EASILY.
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by TheDauraMallam: 9:38am On Aug 10, 2015
dalaman:

I am an atheist. I am actually trying to get him to see the folly of his statement. I know he won't but am just trying to let him understand that the way he doesn't lose sleep when muslims threaten him with hell is tye same way muslims and other non believers in the christian stories and bubble do not lose sleep when he threatens them with hell. Of course every religion has to tell his adherents that if they believe they will be handsomely rewarded and those that fail to believe will be severely punished. Every religion does that.

One bottle of Chelsea dry gin for you.

1 Like

Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by mathinips(m): 3:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
dalaman:
All religions and Gods are man made, that is why we have different Gods and different religious ideas. There is nothing like hell. It is just a trick to scare people and beat them into accepting mythology and fiction of the ancient people that invented all these convoluted stories and myths.

dalaman:

You seems confuse. You said there is nothing like hell and later say somepeople will rot in hell.
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by mathinips(m): 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

Seems you can't live a fulfilled life without religion, can you?

Living a fulfilled life is a personal thing. Some people are fulfilled with their life stealing public fund, galivanting about
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by mrZENographer: 4:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
1) God is not responsible for different religons. The Bible told us that false prophets, pastors, teachers shall rise and deceive many. If u decide to start blowing lies with a trumpet and decieving people, It's not God's fault. But you and those that believe your lies will be judged.

2) Only a foolish person will bite d finger that holds the switch of his life. Even if God seems unfair, the fact that his judgement is very terrible should make you to humble down and cry for God to save you. It's foolish to begin to puff up bcause after all you will still face the judgement. A bible verse says 'God resist d proud but giveth grace to the humble'.

3) Heaven is a place of evergrowing ectasy for eternity. There's no end to d fun and increasing fullness of Joy. God has limitless knowledge, joy, blessings, riches etc. Hell is a place of insreasing fustration and pain because the souls are fully aware that is will continue without an end. Jesus said, there will be weeping and gnawing of teeth.

4) I personally dont understand why God will let sinners suffer for eternity. But i also cannot dare to question it even when tempted to. Instead fall down on your knees and cry to God " God, Jesus please save my soul".

The Bible is the truth. Jesus died to bridge the gap between God and man. Without Jesus, no man can be saved. But entering into the kingdom of God is more than merely believing Jesus died for you. You may live a holy and righteous life by abstaining from sin, praying and reafing the bible always. You can be among the few that will go to heaven. Please pm me if you want help.
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by mrZENographer: 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
dalaman:

Common sense should tell you that if there are fakes, there is a real one. It is because of the real one that fakes came about.

Jesus warned that false prophets, Christs, teachers shall rise and deceive many. Moreover, you may have been hearing 'Antichrist'.
This is the major opposer of Jesus Christ. The man of sin. He is coming to bring a false peace to mankind. The stage is quickly being set. The current pope, Obama, U.N, E.U is working hard to set his stage. The one global Authority, religon cloud is already rising. In september the pope will be meeting the U.N on this behalf. So just wake up.

The prophecies are true. And soon you will here of disappearances of people. What follows next is a man who believes he is God forcing his mark 666 on all of mankind. But some shall resist and die and be saved. But those that take it shall be damned forever and ever. Just wake up please.
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by mrZENographer: 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
VickJames:
I have always asked myself, if buddhists, confuscianists, and other religions continue the way they worship, hell fire will be so full that they'll need to increase the capacity of hell.

Isaiah 5.14 " Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

Revelation 20.12 'And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

BOOKS were opened suggests the dead are numerous compared to The BOOK of life.

False prophets shall rise and deceive many. Matthew 24...
Broad is the way that leadeth to hell fire and narrow is the way that leadeth to heaven. Matthew.
Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by TheDauraMallam: 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2015
mathinips:

Living a fulfilled life is a personal thing. Some people are fulfilled with their life stealing public fund, galivanting about

The irony is, they know what they are doing is wrong. They go to church, ask for forgiveness, pay tithes and viola, they are forgiven.

1 Like

Re: Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation by dalaman: 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2015
mrZENographer:

Common sense should tell you that if there are fakes, there is a real one. It is because of the real one that fakes came about.

Jesus warned that false prophets, Christs, teachers shall rise and deceive many. Moreover, you may have been hearing 'Antichrist'.
This is the major opposer of Jesus Christ. The man of sin. He is coming to bring a false peace to mankind. The stage is quickly being set. The current pope, Obama, U.N, E.U is working hard to set his stage. The one global Authority, religon cloud is already rising. In september the pope will be meeting the U.N on this behalf. So just wake up.

The prophecies are true. And soon you will here of disappearances of people. What follows next is a man who believes he is God forcing his mark 666 on all of mankind. But some shall resist and die and be saved. But those that take it shall be damned forever and ever. Just wake up please.

Jesus is a false prophet according to the another man's religion.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Poem: Who Is She? (celebration Of Piuos,virtous And Religious Women / Religion Is More Dangerous Than Hard Drugs(pix) / Prophet TB Joshua Steps Out On Suit For The First Time After 5 Years - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.