Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria (540 Views)

Argentine President Begs Messi To Come Back - Pix / Menti0ning Messi, Saved My Life....says Argentine kidnapped in Nigeria / Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by kabnafs(m): 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
A 28-year-old agricultural engineer held captive for three days in the west African country claims name-dropping his famous compatriot calmed his violent aggressors
By Ben Hayward
Jun 29, 2015 08:20:00
An Argentine kidnapped in Nigeria claims he owes his life to Barcelona forward Lionel Messi.

Santiago Lopez Menendez, a 28-year-old agricultural engineer, had been working in the west African nation since last year, planting soya and corn crops close to Kontagora in the north-west of the country.

But he was kidnapped earlier this week and beaten violently by his captors, who hardly spoke any English and thought he was north American.

It was then in desperation that Menendez tried to tell them he was Argentine and he was eventually able to calm down his aggressors with repeated cries of "Messi, Messi, Messi".

Held captive for three days, the engineer was eventually released after the company who employs him paid an undisclosed ransom to the kidnappers.

Back in Argentina, his brother Jorge spoke to Clarin and said: "'Tell them I am grateful to Messi', he told me. 'Naming him is what saved me.'"

Menendez is now safe and will return to his homeland in the next few hours.
Re: Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by Haywhymido(m): 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
Mumu, u think dose guys free u because u shouted messi? U may av shouted messi, but dey heard mercy(which make dey think u r begging 4 mercy 4rm dem)

1 Like

Re: Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
Haywhymido:
Mumu, u think dose guys free u because u shouted messi? U may av shouted messi, but dey heard mercy(which make dey think u r begging 4 mercy 4rm dem)

grin grin grin grin grin
guy u don dey chop winch?
how com u kno my thought grin
Re: Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by Haywhymido(m): 7:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

grin grin grin grin grin guy u don dey chop winch? how com u kno my thought grin
hahaha

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Some Football Players Overrated And Others Underrated ? / Football Transfer Gossip So Far / The Top 5 Sprinters Ever – Can Gatlin Upset The All-time Rankings In Beijing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.