Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,627 members, 7,809,338 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

What Not To Consider Before Going Into Marriage - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Not To Consider Before Going Into Marriage (377 Views)

Things You Should Know Before Going Into Iced Blocks Business. / Things You Should Never Ever Do Before Going To Bed / See What Happens When You Smoke Benue Weed Before Going To The Toilet. (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Not To Consider Before Going Into Marriage by samblessed: 6:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
I usually wonder at the funny criteria people have in deciding a life partner.
We have heard of so many. cases of failed marriages, broken relationship as a result of these criterias. Its high time we reconsider our criteria for marriage if we really want to experience a happy, enjoyable and lasting relationship or married life.
Here are some of those criteria I consider funny or irrelevant;

1. Making a choice based on looks. So many folks have fallen victim of these. I have a friend that ran away with a guy just because he looks very handsome compared to the guy she was presently with. But today, she is regretting that move because she had never been happy in the 'hurriedly arranged marriage' with the so called handsome bobo because she discovered so many terrible behaviors in the husband the handsome looks covered.

2. Settling with a guy or lady because she is rich or financially balanced. That marriage is only existing as long as the money is there. When money go, of course marriage will also go. Aside these, genuine love( not artificial), does not exist in such marriage or relationship.

3. Going into marriage because he or she is well educated. Its okay to settle for someone whose sense of reasoning is of the same level with you. But, experienceces has shown that it does not work like that in all cases. I know a friend who dropped out while he was in JSS class, but he is happily married to a professor. When he stands to talk, you'd think he has his masters. I also have a friend who is so much happily married to a senior lecturer in a university here in lagos, yet he is not well educated. But by virtue of the relationship with the lecturer he is now well groomed and has gone back to school.

People will keep experiencing late marriages untill we set our priorities right, and amongst those priorities are what I have mentioned.
Re: What Not To Consider Before Going Into Marriage by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
Okay
Re: What Not To Consider Before Going Into Marriage by ammyluv2002(f): 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
Re: What Not To Consider Before Going Into Marriage by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
[quote author=ammyluv2002 post=35292973][/quote]
grin
Re: What Not To Consider Before Going Into Marriage by importexpert(m): 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
nice post

(1) (Reply)

Recalibrate / Fumigation / 7 Things You Should Never Do In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.