Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,802 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible (5980 Views)

King James Version Of The Bible Is For Homosexuals And Rastafarians–ghanaian Rev / Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth / Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Ubenedictus, in the light of this quote:

"Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her; --she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority." -Rev. Stephan Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism, "On the Obedience Due to the Church," chap. 2, p. 174. (Imprimatur, John Cardinal McCloskey, archbishop of New York.)

Why are you being a hypocrite by trying to make it look as if it was the Bible that commanded disregard for the Sabbath of GOD, when, in fact, it was the Beast(Papacy) that commanded it?
That is what happens when u lack comprehension, there is no biblical command that says observe sunday. it was implied but not commanded that law was made by d church. the placing of sunday show d power of d church. but d abrogation of the sabbath is very biblical.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Ubenedictus, what do you have to say about these quotes from the catholic church?

"Not the Creator of Universe, in Genesis 2:1-3,- but the Catholic Church can claim the honor of having granted man a pause to his work every seven days."-S. C. Mosna, Storia della Domenica, 1969, pp. 366-367.

"The Pope is of great authority and power that he can modify, explain, or interpret even divine laws... The Pope can modify divine law, since his power is not of man,but of God, and he acts as vicegerent of God upon earth." -Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Bibliotheca, "Papa," art. 2, translated.

"The Pope has the power tochange times, to abrogate laws, and todispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." "The Pope has the authority and often exercised it,to dispense with the command of Christ." Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap. (The Pope can modify divine law.) Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary.
That is incorrect and d church rejects it.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Where is the law?

Why are do you insist on sinning seeing that "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth the law: for sin is the transgression of the law"(1 Jn. 3:4)?

Why are you committing sin by choosing to transgress the law?
John 13:34-35 34I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. 35By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if
you have love for one another.John 13:34-35 34I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. 35By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if
you have love for one another.

THAT IS THE NEW COMMANDMENT.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2016
DoctorAlien:

"And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ." 1 Cor. 11:1

"And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures," Acts 17:2

"And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a riverside, where prayer was wont to be made..." Acts 16:13

Why are you not imitating Paul, seeing that he imitated Christ(Luke 4:16)?
COL 2;16
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Also not mentioned are there "thou shalt not covet", "thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain" "thou shalt have no other god before me." Are we now to disobey these laws?
Thou shal not cover, use God name in vain and worship other gods were all repeated elsewhere in d new testament, but nothing about sabbath, infact this is what d bible says about it
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what
you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious
festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath
day.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Col. 2:14 "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;"

It is not hard to see that Col. 2:14-17 was talking about ceremonial laws. This set of ceremonial laws were the same which was "contrary to us"(see Deut. 31:26) and was placed by the side of the ark. It was different from the moral law(10 Commandments) which was placed inside the ark.
So u can see that sabbath was mentioned along with other ceremonial laws like new moon, and d bible says do not allow any1 jugde u because of sabbath.
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what
you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious
festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath
day.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
DoctorAlien:

So under which laws are we now?
d laws of liberty d commands found in d new testament.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Where did the Spirit of GOD teach that the Law of GOD has been abolished?

"Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law" Rom. 3:31"
EPH 2:15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and
regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new
humanity out of the two, thus making peace,
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Kalatium(m): 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ubenedictus:
EPH 2:15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and
regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new
humanity out of the two, thus making peace,
Sometimes the bible seems contradictory
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by MuttleyLaff: 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
Kalatium:
Sometimes the bible seems contradictory
It's true
and regrettable that the bible for casual & ill-informed reader(s), at times, if not, most of times, DOES seems contradictory
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Kalatium(m): 3:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
It's true
and regrettable that the bible for casual & ill-informed reader(s), at times, if not, most of times, DOES seems contradictory
What?
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 7:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
More quotes from the Beast(of Rev. 13), which is also Babylon/adulterous woman(of Rev. 17).

"The authority of the church could therefore not be bound to the authority of the Scriptures, because the Church had changed...the Sabbath into Sunday, not by command of Christ, but by its own authority. "Canon and Tradition, p. 263"

Is not every Christian obliged to sanctify Sunday and to abstain on that day from unnecessary servile work? Is not the observance of this law among the most prominent of our sacred duties? But you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify." -James Cardinal Gibbons,The Faith of Our Fathers (1917 ed.), pp. 72, 73.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
Sunday worshippers, are you listening?

"The Catholic church," declared Cardinal Gibbons, "by virtue of her divine mission changed the day from Saturday to Sunday." Catholic Mirror Sept. 23 1983.(Official organ of Cardinal Gibbons)

Of course the catholic church has a mission. She is a tool in the hands of Satan: a very broad way that leads into destruction.

May GOD open the eyes of those being deceived and encouraged not to read the Bible for themselves.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
How can Ubenedictus continue to pretend as if it was not the Catholic church that caused the people to disregard GOD's holy Sabbath, even in the light of the discourse below?

Question - Which is the Sabbath day?

Answer - Saturday is the Sabbath day.

Question - Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?

Answer - We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church, in the Council of Laodicea (A.D. 364), transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday."The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, p. 50, 3rd ed.

Meanwhile, GOD says:

"My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips." Psa. 89:34.

Guess where the 10 Commandments came from? Yep, you guessed right: GOD'S OWN LIPS:

"And GOD spake all these words, saying," (Exod. 20:1)

How then can a mere man(pope) claim that he has changed GOD's Words? sad
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 8:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
Dear brethren, GOD calls us:

"...Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities." Rev. 18:4-5
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by achorladey: 10:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
Galatians 3:24,25 Explain please?
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by MuttleyLaff: 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
Kalatium:
What?
Yeah, you heard right
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
Achorladey,

"Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster." Gal. 3:24-25.

Let me ask you these question as it would help you understand that text: have you ever broken/violated any command on the 10 Commandments? (Your answer is most definitely "Yes" ). Now, do you know that the penalty for ever breaking even a single command of GOD is death?

The law was our schoolmaster(we were accountable to it). The law demands the death of its violator! You see why the natural man is under the law? Because the law pronounces death on the transgressor, no amount of law-keeping will save the one who has already transgressed the law. The sinner, beholding the immutable demands of the law, turns to Jesus. A simple, unflinching faith in Christ's atoning death justifies the sinner, and declares him not guilty of breaking the law(their sins will I remember no more - Jer. 31:34).
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
Achorladey,

Now, after the sinner is justified by his faith in Christ's all-sufficient sacrifice, he is no longer under the law(Note: it does not mean that he is now a lawless human being, for lawlessness is sin, and the person cannot afford to go back to the sin from which he was saved). The law has no power to pronounce death on the individual again based on the sin which he committed before. The law required the death of that individual because of the sins he committed, and in the eyes of the law, the individual has died/been killed for his sins which he committed(now his faith in Christ's atoning sacrifice simply makes Christ's death his i.e. Christ took his place).

Now the law says "thou shalt not kill." We did not come to Christ to get the freedom to kill, under the pretext of "we're no longer under the law." The same law says "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy." We did not come to Christ to get the freedom to desecrate GOD's holy Sabbath.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
Achorladey,

Now, another way to understand Gal. 3:24-25 is to take a look at v.19. Paul was scolding the Galatian Christians for trying to get involved in the ceremonial laws(contained in the book of law. Remember the 10 Commandments were written on tablets of stone. However, Moses wrote another set of (ceremonial) laws in a book and ordered it to be kept in a pocket by the side of the ark, while the 10 Commandments on the tablets of stone were put inside the ark. See Deut. 31:26; Exod. 25:21).

Many times, Paul uses "the law" to mean the whole litany of rites and rituals contained in the ceremonial law. One of such cases is Gal. 3:19. Paul says the law was added because of transgressions. The law added there couldn't have been the 10 Commandments, because the reason for the addition was transgression, and there had to be a law which was transgressed, for where there is no law there is no transgression(Rom. 4:15). This directly opposes those who say that the 10 Commandments started existing at Sinai.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by MuttleyLaff: 11:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
achorladey:
Galatians 3:24,25 Explain please?
24so that the Law has become our trainer unto Christ, so that we might be justified by faith.
25And faith having come, we are no longer under a trainer.

- Galatians 3:24-25

When growing up, our parents laid down the law that bedtime for us is 8pm during the week and 9-10pm on weekends
so that this laid down law turned out to be training us to respect and appreciate rest by going to bed at appropriate set times
and so that we might be justified by the discipline
and the discipline having obtained, we are no longer under the ''laid down law'' and its ''training''

We have reached adult status, we are no longer under training
implying that, we dont need to go to bed at 8pm during the week or 9-10pm on weekends anymore.
We can decide to go to bed before 8pm, go at 9-10pm, go after 9-10pm or even not sleep for the night
because we have come of age, we've matured and aren't any longer under training

Every law, whether divine law or parental law have purposes
For Galatians 3:24-25, its purpose was to produce a specific character or pattern of behavior (i.e. faith)
The parents laid down law's purpose was produce a specific character or pattern of behavior (i.e. discipline to how or know when to have a rest)

Once expected faith has been gradually but firmly established in a person's mind (i.e. soul) then the tutor is removed,
Once the discipline has been inculcated as anticipated, then the bedtime training goes out of the window, vanishing

1 Like

Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 11:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
Achorladey,

Now Paul says the law was added "till the seed should come." A quick question: which set of laws ended when Christ breathed His last and the temple veil tore into two? The ceremonial law which involved sacrifice. There is no direction for sacrifice or any ritual contained in the 10 Commandments.

Now, all the lambs and goats and turtledoves and pigeons and heifers slaughtered in the OT pointed to Christ. "Wherefore the(ceremonial) law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster." We are no longer under the ceremonial laws, to keep them.

When one comes to Christ, guess what Christ tells the person? "...but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Matt. 19:17 We do not come to Christ to become lawless: we come to Christ to be relieved our burdens and curses as a result of sin, which is transgression of the law(1 Jn. 3:4).
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Kalatium(m): 11:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Yeah, you heard right
I didn't got what you were saying
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by MuttleyLaff: 11:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
Kalatium:
I didn't got what you were saying
You said sometimes the bible seems contradictory
and I responded with ''It's true'' agreeing with you

I then made a statement of fact saying:
it's regrettable that the bible for casual & ill-informed reader(s), at times, that is if not, most of times, DOES seems contradictory
- casual & ill-informed reader(s), DO at times believe the Bible is contradictory
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by johnw74: 1:31am On Dec 13, 2016
johnydon22:
Op do you know that King James was a Bisexual when he was alive? smiley

What was he after he died? smiley
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by achorladey: 11:06am On Dec 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Achorladey,

Now, after the sinner is justified by his faith in Christ's all-sufficient sacrifice, he is no longer under the law(Note: it does not mean that he is now a lawless human being, for lawlessness is sin, and the person cannot afford to go back to the sin from which he was saved). The law has no power to pronounce death on the individual again based on the sin which he committed before. The law required the death of that individual because of the sins he committed, and in the eyes of the law, the individual has died/been killed for his sins which he committed(now his faith in Christ's atoning sacrifice simply makes Christ's death his i.e. Christ took his place).

Now the law says "thou shalt not kill." We did not come to Christ to get the freedom to kill, under the pretext of "we're no longer under the law." The same law says "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy." We did not come to Christ to get the freedom to desecrate GOD's holy Sabbath.
Toward the end of your post, I guess you can see why the law of Love which Jesus said in John 13:35 and the definition of love in 1 Corinthians 13:4-.......goes beyond observing days and month. Nowadays you hear children days, Mothers day e.t.c but humans dont appreciate their mothers on that day alone, they do so often, some regularly. PRINCIPLES accompanying God's law has really shown that you never had to murder before you trangress against the law, the law of love tells you that love does not provoke, does not keep account of injury. Any individual that keeps account of injury or jealous or act indecently to his fellow brother has boken the law of love already, it is not until such ones commit murder. I hope you get a clue from this. We are indeed under the law of christ(LOVE).
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by achorladey: 11:24am On Dec 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Achorladey,

Now, another way to understand Gal. 3:24-25 is to take a look at v.19. Paul was scolding the Galatian Christians for trying to get involved in the ceremonial laws(contained in the book of law. Remember the 10 Commandments were written on tablets of stone. However, Moses wrote another set of (ceremonial) laws in a book and ordered it to be kept in a pocket by the side of the ark, while the 10 Commandments on the tablets of stone were put inside the ark. See Deut. 31:26; Exod. 25:21).

Many times, Paul uses "the law" to mean the whole litany of rites and rituals contained in the ceremonial law. One of such cases is Gal. 3:19. Paul says the law was added because of transgressions. The law added there couldn't have been the 10 Commandments, because the reason for the addition was transgression, and there had to be a law which was transgressed, for where there is no law there is no transgression(Rom. 4:15). This directly opposes those who say that the 10 Commandments started existing at Sinai.
From your last statement here, did Cain feel he was under any law when he killed Abel? Did King Pharaoh feel commitng adultery with Sarah, or covetting Abraham's wife was against the law? So the the principles behind the new law revobblving around LOVE need us not setting a special day aside for rest or getting our self refreshed since the Yoke of the individual who gave the new commandment is light, having abundant rest(which the sabath is meant for) and is refreshing to the soul. Matthew 11:28,29.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by achorladey: 11:46am On Dec 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Achorladey,

"Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster." Gal. 3:24-25.

Let me ask you these question as it would help you understand that text: have you ever broken/violated any command on the 10 Commandments? (Your answer is most definitely "Yes" ). Now, do you know that the penalty for ever breaking even a single command of GOD is death?

The law was our schoolmaster(we were accountable to it). The law demands the death of its violator! You see why the natural man is under the law? Because the law pronounces death on the transgressor, no amount of law-keeping will save the one who has already transgressed the law. The sinner, beholding the immutable demands of the law, turns to Jesus. A simple, unflinching faith in Christ's atoning death justifies the sinner, and declares him not guilty of breaking the law(their sins will I remember no more - Jer. 31:34).
Good, exercising faith in the ransom sacrifice gives the opportunity to live like those to be judged under the law of liberty James 2:12. Which is the new ''school master''
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 11:55am On Dec 13, 2016
achorladey:

Good, exercising faith in the ransom sacrifice gives the opportunity to live like those to be judged under the law of liberty James 2:12. Which is the new ''school master''

What is the law of liberty? It is still the 10 Commandments.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by achorladey: 11:58am On Dec 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

What is the law of liberty? It is still the 10 Commandments.
Are you sure on that?
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 12:09pm On Dec 13, 2016
achorladey:

Are you sure on that?

Yes.

"Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good." Romans 7:12
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by achorladey: 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Yes.

"Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good." Romans 7:12
All of God's ways and laws are holy, just and good of course. That I wont covet another mans property is not because I dont want to overstep on law number 10 but it should be as a result of the new ''law of love'' that states it does not think evil towards my fellow man(convetuousness included).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atheist, Agnostic And Humanist Memes Reloaded... / Jesus Appeared Live At The Sacrament Of D St.paul's Catholic Church Benin City / Crucifixion Of Jesus: Contradictions In Gospel Accounts Of Jesus' Crucifixion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.