Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Have You Been Attending Interviews Without Success? Come In Let's Discuss!! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Been Attending Interviews Without Success? Come In Let's Discuss!! (4537 Views)

5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews / How To Ace Job Interviews Without Stress / How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Attending Interviews Without Success? Come In Let's Discuss!! by Princess042(f): 7:14am On Jul 02, 2015
cyrilade:
I had a very interesting experience too. I actually finished NYSC in 2014 and have been applying for so many jobs but no interview calls. I was lucky to be called for one at SOL recently and when I got there, I was told to talk about my self. I just go confused, shy and couldnt even say any thing. Pls guys, how can I break away from this?

We have the same problem, I finished my NYSC in 2013. I've been going from one test center to the other, most to
Re: Have You Been Attending Interviews Without Success? Come In Let's Discuss!! by Princess042(f): 7:14am On Jul 02, 2015
cyrilade:
I had a very interesting experience too. I actually finished NYSC in 2014 and have been applying for so many jobs but no interview calls. I was lucky to be called for one at SOL recently and when I got there, I was told to talk about my self. I just go confused, shy and couldnt even say any thing. Pls guys, how can I break away from this?

I also have the same problem with you.
I finished my NYSC in 2013 and I've been going from one test center to the other, most times,I passed the tests but I just chicken out in the interview because of stage fright...
This was what I did to conquer the stage fright in my last interview

I rehearsed in front of the mirror everyday....

I allowed my friends and family did mock interview for me....

I did not cram what I rehearsed........

I told myself in the mirror that if others are doing it so can I ......

I allowed others tell me how good I am....

On the day of the interview, some of the interviewers were smiling and others had this stone face, anytime I want to boost my confidence, I just look at the smiling face....

Most importantly, I committed everything to God's hands.........

Hope these helps......

I wish you success in your next interview.....
Re: Have You Been Attending Interviews Without Success? Come In Let's Discuss!! by Benny4(m): 11:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
stepo707:

I will get an updte 2moro.I know a guy working there

So what was his response
Re: Have You Been Attending Interviews Without Success? Come In Let's Discuss!! by stepo707: 7:23am On Jul 03, 2015
Benny4:

So what was his response
He travelled to adoekiti for assignment so till next week things
Re: Have You Been Attending Interviews Without Success? Come In Let's Discuss!! by Benny4(m): 1:18am On Jul 04, 2015
stepo707:

Ok boss no quanta....100
Re: Have You Been Attending Interviews Without Success? Come In Let's Discuss!! by Nobody: 3:30am On Jul 04, 2015
cyrilade:

Preparation & confidence are key in staving off shyness. I'm probably more of a shy person than you are, but I really don't want to be that way during interviews. Learn as much as you can about the recruitment process, the position you applied for, and the core values of the organisation; have cookie-cutter answers to common interview questions — don't just write them, practise them & hear yourself say them; dress to kill & wear a confident smile (could be fake, still works) as you're ushered into the interview room. All of these helps in not just bolstering your confidence level, but also in creating a more soothing & friendlier ambience necessary to ace interviews. Not one you'd appellate as "expert" but that's my advice for you.

Wish you all the best in your future endeavours.
Re: Have You Been Attending Interviews Without Success? Come In Let's Discuss!! by Benny4(m): 11:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
stepo707:
Have u now gotten to see d dude bro?!!
Re: Have You Been Attending Interviews Without Success? Come In Let's Discuss!! by stepo707: 6:50am On Jul 08, 2015
Benny4:

Have u now gotten to see d dude bro?!!

Naa bro but the r called me and asked if am available for abuja.am waiting to hear back from them again.
Re: Have You Been Attending Interviews Without Success? Come In Let's Discuss!! by Benny4(m): 8:32am On Jul 08, 2015
stepo707:

Naa bro but the r called me and asked if am available for abuja.am waiting to hear back from them again.

Ok that's great! Congrats in Adv
Re: Have You Been Attending Interviews Without Success? Come In Let's Discuss!! by stepo707: 9:08am On Jul 08, 2015
Benny4:

Ok that's great! Congrats in Adv

Thanks bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. / ABT Associates Latest Job Recruitment / CURRENT NATIONWIDE VACANCIES FOR THE MONTH OF FEB. 2009...APPLY TODAY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.