Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) (4908 Views)

The Mystery And The Power Of Our Faith In God, Jesus Christ And The Holy Spirit / Girl Uses Her School Fees To Sow Seed Of Faith In Church / Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by johnydon22(m): 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
[b]Everyday we hear news of killings, armed robbery, terrorism, rape, disasters and people doing terrible things, sophisticated war machines being invented everyday.

The medias propagate this news everyday that we have learnt to adapt to hearing bad news in our daily life routines.

It has gotten so bad that people are beginning to loose faith in the goodness in mankind. . . Just because the media do not show these news doesn't mean that good things don't happen out there.

For every bad action we hear out there, there are 3 good deeds being done. Mankind is filled with kind people too, people with compassion and love.

Let us also show some of these little act of selflessness so that at least someone out there will have a restored trust in humanity and also hope it compels other kind good people out there to not let an opportunity to do a good deed for the good of mankind when ever they have the chance.

Actions that work for the good of mankind reduce individual suffering of others and the world is what is called a moral deed.

There are still a lot of good in humanity, try and BE THE GOOD IN HUMANITY

(1) A LITTLE BOY GIVES A HOMELESS MAN FOOD TO EAT

(2.) When a motorcyclist violently wrecked into a car, onlookers braved the
flames to pull out the unconcious man from the wreckage. They risked their
lives for someone they didn't know by lifting a car that was on fire - simply
amazing.

(3) A caring man washes the feet of complete strangers, playing out a
Biblical act and showing so many people kindness and respect they didn't
usually get.

(4) To help people during a terrible economy, a drycleaner in the city offered
to clean the outfit of any unemployed person. That way, anyone looking to
get a job could be presentable and clean during their interview.

(5) A tourist gives his sandals to a local in a third world country. He noticed
that she didn't have any shoes of her own, so he gladly gave his up.

(6)A muslim man play out a quranic act offers free bread for those who can't buy one
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 30, 2015
grin
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by johnydon22(m): 1:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
[b]
(7) During a raging flood, a man risks life and limb to transport a basket of
newborn kittens across a flooded river and out of the danger zone. Most
people wouldn't do this for someone they knew, let alone little kitties!

(cool Two small boys saw an abandoned puppy struggling to get out of a
drainage ditch. Together, they made sure the little guy was out of harm's
way, even if that meant spending a lot of time risking their own safety to get
him out.

(9)A restaurant that offers free food for the homeless and needy

(10) During protests in Brazil, a general pleaded with the protestors, saying it
was his birthday and he didn't want any violence. What those protestors did
to celebrate a stranger's birthday was absolutely heartwarming.

(11) During a track meet, one competitor collapsed while running. Instead of
passing her by and beating her, an opposing runner helped the injured
athlete cross the finish line.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by johnydon22(m): 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
[b](12) Christians apologize to the gay community for all of the hurt and
suffering they caused them...

And the gay people who were there were crying with joy, happy to be
accepted back into the fold by their Christian brothers and sisters. Truly
touching!

(13)Man shaves head to whether through cancer with dying wife

(14) Soldiers may be fighting wars, but that doesn't mean they aren't
human. This soldier cradles a child in enemy territory, caring for her and
trying to protect her from the violence that was going on around them.
[size=14]More importantly: Lets us turn our backs on wars and violence. (SAY NO TO WARS)[/size]

(15)An Afghan man offers tea to soldiers
[img]http://justsomething.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/random-acts-kindness-22.jpeg[/img][/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by johnydon22(m): 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
(16) These protesters stopping to take care of a stray dog that was erroneously tear gassed
[img]http://justsomething.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/random-acts-kindness-4.jpg[/img]

(17)This man uses the time during lunch to read books to a colleague who didn't know how to read and write
[img]http://justsomething.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/random-acts-kindness-2.jpg[/img]

(18)Young man gets on his hands and knees to make a chair for an elderly while they were stuck in an elevator
[img]http://justsomething.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/random-acts-kindness-1.jpg[/img]

(19)Selflessness
[img]http://justsomething.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/random-acts-kindness-9.jpg[/img]

(20)A selfless Nigerian airport cleaner returns N12million to the owner who lost it
[img]http://1.bp..com/-nTXmmNF-w6U/VPqcP7-BFJI/AAAAAAAADEo/O0HkJVqf1Yg/s1600/miss-Josephine-Agwu-airport-cleaner.jpg[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by johnydon22(m): 1:52pm On Jun 30, 2015

(21)Compassion
[img]http://justsomething.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/random-acts-kindness-6.jpg[/img]

(22)Man who buys coffee for everyone at a local cancer center
[img]http://justsomething.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/random-acts-kindness-8.jpg[/img]

(23)Man leaves umbrella for a homeless cat in the rain
[img]http://justsomething.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/random-acts-kindness-7.jpg[/img]

(24)Compassion for others. . . Try and understand the challenges/sufferis of others before condemning their actions

(25)Hug
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by johnydon22(m): 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
nice,but remove the gay part
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by johnydon22(m): 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
crusadistic:
nice,but remove the gay part
i think you missed the point, you can read that part again. . . And remember this is not about where your religious beliefs leans, i don't even care about it. . this is about humans; Acts of tolerance, acceptance, kindness, selflessness, compassion, care and love. . . You religious dogma now comes secondary and that is sorely for you not me

4 Likes

Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
johnydon22:

i think you missed the point, you can read that part again. . . And remember this is not about where you religious beliefs leans, i don't even care about it. . this is about humans; Acts of tolerance, acceptance, kindness, selflessness, compassion, care and love. . . You religious dogma now comes secondary and that is sorely for you not me[/b]
they are encouraging them when they know they will burn in hell,is that not wickedness?

1 Like

Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by johnydon22(m): 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
crusadistic:
they are encouraging them when they know they will burn in hell,is that not wickedness?
Please let us not derail the thread with baseless religious doctrine argument. . I don't know what made you think you have the right to condemn what other people do with their lives that doesn't even concern you. I wonder why you could bear the thought of people roasting in an eternal flame for just living as they want, is that concept not a more evil idea than the one you accuse them of.

What ever it is your religion teaches you about others solely is the business of you and your religion cus what your religion think bears no moral weight on an action

3 Likes

Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2015
johnydon22:

Please let us not derail the thread with baseless religious doctrine argument. . I don't know what made you think you have the right to condemn what other people do with their lives that doesn't even concern you. I wonder why you could bear the thought of people roasting in an eternal flame for just living as they want.

What ever it is your religion teaches you about others solely is the business of you and your religion cus what your religion think bears no moral weight on an action
this is not about my religious beliefs or whether hell is even real or not,those xtians were supporting them while they know/think the gays will burn in hell.the humane ones are those discouraging them.

1 Like

Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by johnydon22(m): 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
crusadistic:
this is not about my religious beliefs or whether hell is even real or not,those xtians were supporting them while they know/think the gays will burn in hell.the humane ones are those discouraging them.
I don't even know what your definition of humane is because roasting people in hell, conceiving this concept in your mind or expecting it on some people is nothing near humane, it is barbaric, sadistic, wicked and evil.

Those christians there show tolerance, acceptance, love, and compassion for fellow humans.. they didn't allow their belief come between them and their humanity, which showed in their action of accepting and apologizing to the people they wrong. . That is humane.

2 Likes

Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by Atigba: 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
johnydon22:

I don't even know what your definition of humane is because roasting people in hell, conceiving this concept in your mind or expecting it on some people is nothing near humane, it is barbaric, sadistic, wicked and evil.

Those christians there show tolerance, acceptance, love, and compassion for fellow humans.. they didn't allow their belief come between them and their humanity, which showed in their action of accepting and apologizing to the people they wrong. . That is humane.
Stop replying this sadist

3 Likes

Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by adexsimply(m): 3:57pm On Jun 30, 2015
Go ahead johnydon22..I've already paused my work because of this thread.

Crusadistic angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2015
Nice thread smiley
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
thats johnnydon my mentor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by somcherry(f): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2015
Nice. Following...
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by malvisguy212: 8:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
Johnnydon22 for the first time, we agreed with each other. Keep it up.
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by Blackfire(m): 11:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
*tears in my eyes* literally
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by jayriginal: 12:48am On Jul 01, 2015
Nice work johnnydon22

Best thread of the section this year.
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 01, 2015
I don't support 1,3,5,6,and 9 -- they encourage poverty.

Rather, in 1, the little boy should encourage the homeless man to get a job or just to generate am income for himself. In 3, is the man whose legs are being cleaned amputated? He should do his cleaning himself or rather, pay the cleaner for his service. In 5, that man should cloth ("even if na fairly used" ) and sponsor the boy's education (a quality one, not "Jesus-turned-water-to-wine" type) in his third world country -- he should have the money. In 6, they should rather spend that money to campaign against violence perpetrated by some of the members of their cult. In 9, the eatery should give education (not necessarily formal) to the children of those homeless, so that they would not emulate their parents.
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by johnydon22(m): 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
malvisguy212:
Johnnydon22 for the first time, we agreed with each other. Keep it up.

Lol
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by johnydon22(m): 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
theAtheist101:

Rather, in 1, the little boy should encourage the homeless man to get a job or just to generate am income for himself. In 3, is the man whose legs are being cleaned amputated? He should do his cleaning himself or rather, pay the cleaner for his service. In 5, that man should cloth ("even if na fairly used" ) and sponsor the boy's education (a quality one, not "Jesus-turned-water-to-wine" type) in his third world country -- he should have the money. In 6, they should rather spend that money to campaign against violence perpetrated by some of the members of their cult. In 9, the eatery should give education (not necessarily formal) to the children of those homeless, so that they would not emulate their parents.

It's not about what you think they should have done or how they should have done it.
It is about what they did (no matter how little) and how much it helped another even if it was for a moment.

We are not superman or possess any supernatural powers, but if we do the little things we can with great love, we would be superheroes in our own little ways
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
johnydon22:

It's not about what you think they should have done or how they should have done it.
It is about what they did (no matter how little) and how much it helped another even if it was for a moment.

We are not superman or possess any supernatural powers, but if we do the little things we can with great love, we would be superheroes in our own little ways

Okay. But i still think less of those gestures.
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by Hiswordxray(m): 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Please let us not derail the thread with baseless religious doctrine argument. . I don't know what made you think you have the right to condemn what other people do with their lives that doesn't even concern you. I wonder why you could bear the thought of people roasting in an eternal flame for just living as they want, is that concept not a more evil idea than the one you accuse them of.

Johnydon it is not even a matter of hell. Do you know that homosexual couples suffer violence than heterosexual couples. Homosexuals have an higher tendency of causing pain upon their partners than heterosexuals. Homosexuality is evil and encouraging an homosexual is wickedness. Go have find out more about homosexuals, these people are not happy, they have imprisoned themselves.
How can you watch and encourage somebody locking himself in a cage and say you love him. That is foolishness and pure evil.
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by Hiswordxray(m): 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
theAtheist101:

Thank you very much, if I had time and the ability I would reveal the foolishness, selfishness and wickedness of every of those gestures.
Morality is evil and worthless, that is just the truth.

johnydon22 isn't this the same thing religion had been preaching for centuries. Has it worked? What make you think yours would work?
What makes yours different?
I know humans have good in them and many wants to be good. But for centuries humans had struggled and fail over a million times. Hamans had tried to use different tools of motivation like fear, love, hatred etc to strengthen our will power to do good. But it seems like no matter how strong our will is we end up adhering to evil. Even the good we do are evil.

johnydon22 you should try to read history, everything is not science. The most evil things done in history are usually done with good intentions. His is filled with different ideologies invented by men to solve this problem of evil in the world. But all had failed.
When would you people learn?
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Thank you very much, if I had time and the ability I would reveal the foolishness, selfishness and wickedness of every of those gestures.

johnydon22 isn't this the same thing religion had been preaching for centuries. Has it worked? What make you think yours would work?
I know humans have good in them and many wants to be good. But for centuries humans had struggled and fail over a million times. Hamans had tried to use different tools of motivation like fear, love, hatred etc to strengthen our will power to do good. But it seems like no matter how strong our will is we end up adhering to evil. Even the good we do are evil.

johnydon22 you should try to read history, everything is not science. The most evil things done in history are usually done with good intentions. His is filled with different ideologies invented by men to solve this problem of evil in the world. But all had failed.

Okay... So what is your solution? Or is there not?

The main problem I see with the world is that there is too much entropy, so there can never be peace. This is one of the bases I chose not to believe in god or any creator, because if the universe had one, the world would have been organised from onset. People like you would not need to believe the concept of Satan or devil also. Any model you propose wouldn't solve our problems. My realistic advice is that you should learn to leave it like that.
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by adexsimply(m): 3:23am On Jul 03, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Okay, when I read this part, I had to check my dictionary again, and again, and again, then I had to read this part again, and again....
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by johnydon22(m): 7:47am On Jul 03, 2015
adexsimply:

Okay, when I read this part, I had to check my dictionary again, and again, and again, then I had to read this part again, and again....
Sometimes there are posts worth replying and some that don't deserve to be wasted time on. . . smiley am selective when it comes to replying posts. .only intelligent posts are worth my time not childish scrabbles. .
Re: Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) by Hiswordxray(m): 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2015
theAtheist101:

Okay... So what is your solution? Or is there not?

The main problem I see with the world is that there is too much entropy, so there can never be peace. This is one of the bases I chose not to believe in god or any creator, because if the universe had one, the world would have been organised from onset. People like you would not need to believe the concept of Satan or devil also. Any model you propose wouldn't solve our problems. My realistic advice is that you should learn to leave it like that.
There is a solution and this solution is Christ.
Humans had try to use various motivation tool to strengthen our will power to do good but they have all failed. And all I see in this trend is another motivation tool which johnydon22 believe would motivate people to do good but this one too will fail. And johnydon22 would continue to fail until he realized it doesn't work.

The solution had always been Christ. Read the New Testament and see how they loved each other, they sold all there properties to help each other because they saw Christ. But Christianity today have lost sight of Christ and all the world need is an unveiling of Christ. The world doesn't need another moralist preacher what we need is to see Christ because a sight of him could transform anybody.

(1) (2) (Reply)

COZA Church Members Throng Dubai For Pastor's Birthday / What Does It Take To Follow Christ? / Have You Ever Seen A Vision?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.