Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,356 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast (4785 Views)

Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? / Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? / A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
1. Christian Fast _ those partaking lose weight while Muslim fast, they add weight.

2. In christian fast, food is not an issue, you can break by 6pm with anything, in Muslim fast, breaking is like a feast, they eat all the food they haven't eaten since morning

3. In christian fast, you wake up in the morning and fasting has commenced, in Muslim fast, you wake up very early to cook and eat heavy meal before the fasting commences

4. In christian fast, you don't announce it to the public, in Muslim fast, before you say how are you, they tell you they are fasting.

Add yours.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by chudidonas(m): 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
Religious war in 3.. 2.. 1

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
this thread will cause religious rift oh...
Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2015
5. In christian fast they pray when they like, in Muslim fast, they have a particular number of times they must pray.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by flakesy01(f): 2:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
Dats y most xtians neva fast. Bunch of hypocrites undecided

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by osaslord500(m): 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2015
Both believe in heaven
Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
Islamic fasting is a joke all they do is skip one meal of the day and eat like gluttons during the other two meals. They eat so much that food prices actually go up during their 'fasting' because of high demand for food due to their gluttony.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by johnydon22(m): 2:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
The first ideal question is;
Why does a perfect god that is allegedly loving and kind still require his followers to go through the suffering routine of mutilating themselves and inflicting suffering on themselves by starving themselves?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by samflex(m): 2:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
Jagoon:
Islamic fasting is a joke all they do is skip one meal of the day and eat like gluttons during the other two meals. They eat so much that food prices actually go up during their 'fasting' because of high demand for food due to their gluttony.

5 Likes

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by elohorayodele: 3:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
grin
Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
flakesy01:
Dats y most xtians neva fast. Bunch of hypocrites undecided
exactly what i said...this 1 is now abusing xtians..We xtians are not hypocrites
Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by ymdo(m): 4:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
lifeisabitch:
1. Christian Fast _ those partaking lose weight while Muslim fast, they add weight.

2. In christian fast, food is not an issue, you can break by 6pm with anything, in Muslim fast, breaking is like a feast, they eat all the food they haven't eaten since morning

3. In christian fast, you wake up in the morning and fasting has commenced, in Muslim fast, you wake up very early to cook and eat heavy meal before the fasting commences

4. In christian fast, you don't announce it to the public, in Muslim fast, before you say how are you, they tell you they are fasting.

Add yours.
Seems your logic is that the harder the fasting mode, the more acceptable it is to God. That doesn't make sense. You cant use the christian mode of fasting as a basis of measuring the validity of Islam's. The prescription is there to follow and we do that to the letter. You have no point.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by flakesy01(f): 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
Slimbeth:
exactly what i said...this 1 is now abusing xtians..We xtians are not hypocrites

If aint hypocrites den wat r u? True followers of Jesu Christi abi?
Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by flakesy01(f): 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
[quote author=lifeisabitch post=35323980]1. Christian Fast _ those partaking lose weight while Muslim fast, they add weight.

Your point is?
Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
flakesy01:

If aint hypocrites den wat r u? True followers of Jesu Christi abi?
Well i won't argue with you but remember that it's bad to judge
Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by brainhack(m): 7:05pm On Jun 30, 2015
Jagoon:

Islamic fasting is a joke all they do is skip one meal of the day and eat like gluttons during the other two meals. They eat so much that food prices actually go up during their 'fasting' because of high demand for food due to their gluttony

I served in the North. I wont call their devotion to God* a joke, but I was very shocked when I realised they usually have two hefty meals each day during their fast
Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by malvisguy212: 8:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
johnydon22:
Why does a perfect god that is allegedly loving and kind still require his followers to go through the suffering routine of mutilating themselves and inflicting suffering on themselves by starving themselves?
in Christianity, fasting is not compulsory, we are only advice to make peace with God.

Luke 18:9-14
The Parable of the Pharisee and the
Tax Collector
9 To some who were confident of their
own righteousness and looked down on
everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax
collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people robbers,
evildoers, adulterers—or even like this
tax collector. 12 I FAST TWICE A WEEK and give a tenth of all I get.’
13 “But the tax collector stood at a
distance. He would not even look up to
heaven, but beat his breast and said,
‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’
14 “I tell you that this man, rather than
the other, went home justified before
God. For all those who exalt themselves
will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Some people fast and thought their own goodness was so impressive that it could not fail to make them acceptable to God. This is boasting.
But the tax collector would not lift his eyes to heaven, why? Because he feel guilt and ashamed, and he went on and say " Lord have mercy on me a sinner" this is the prayer God want to hear, (make peace with God).
Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by Rilwayne001: 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
lifeisabitch:

Add yours.

grin grin LOL.

What a childish thread. Your life indeed is a bit ch grin

4 Likes

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by Medicis(m): 11:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
Rilwayne001:

grin grin LOL.

His life is not a bitch jooor... How can you eat 3 fufu with 2 sachet of pure water very early in the morning and semo in the evening the same day and you call that fasting.

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by Medicis(m): 11:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
Rilwayne001:

grin grin LOL.

His life is not a bitch jooor... How can you eat 3 wraps of fufu with 2 sachet of pure water very early in the morning and semo in the evening the same day and you call that fasting.LOL

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by Medicis(m): 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
Rilwayne001:

grin grin LOL.

His life is not a bit ch jooor... How can you eat 3 fufu with 2 sachet of pure water very early in the morning and semo in the evening the same day and you call that fasting. LOL
Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by Medicis(m): 11:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
johnydon22:
Can a man that doesn't have a spirit understand why people fast? A blind Man cannot appreciate a good painting and a deaf Man can never appreciate a good Music.
Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by Medicis(m): 11:54pm On Jun 30, 2015
johnydon22:
Can a man that doesn't have a spirit understand why people fast? A blind Man cannot appreciate a good painting and a deaf Man can never appreciate a good music.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by pupsyd: 12:11am On Jul 01, 2015
In Islam; sex is allow after the day fasting, after all they will take a bath called JANABA or what.....
Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 01, 2015
johnydon22:

He/she/it is a sadist!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by dalaman: 1:27am On Jul 01, 2015
How have these religious rituals helped Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by focus95: 6:49am On Jul 01, 2015
Jagoon:
really? dx guy why r u so much funny like dx? av laughed out my intestine.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by focus95: 7:26am On Jul 01, 2015
johnydon22:
hey! hey! hey! it seems u r nt getting something BT i will make it clearer to u here, dats y i normally say u guys sud nt use yr own knowledge to judge God's kos God's thought is totally different from human being's. to ur question, fasting means reconciliation between God nd human being. u wana b wit God u need to move wit God in spirit. every part of yr body dat av sinned to God need to suffer nd show some remorsement for the wrong they'v all done. by so doing God wil forgve nd u will become nw being being before the lord then God can nw answer yr prayer. remember to ask forgvness wen fasting. hope u r blessd nw?
Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by Rilwayne001: 8:40am On Jul 01, 2015
Medicis:
His life is not a bitch jooor... How can you eat 3 fufu with 2 sachet of pure water very early in the morning and semo in the evening the same day and you call that fasting.

Lol. You gat jokes. grin

I ain't gat no time for childish arguement.

So, therefore, www.nairaland.com/attachments/2558698_nunsaysswerve_jpeg42425bd1f8ea44a04f6b6babd0dae7e5

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by parisbookaddict(f): 10:15am On Jul 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Hey Johnny... Apparently u haven't heard about the myriad of scientific Literature showing the positive impact of fasting to the human body which has spurred the intermittent fasting movement as a means to treating diabetes and lowering insulin problems, weight control etc. I won't bother citing the spiritual benefits because U are vastly ignorant of that realm.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by parisbookaddict(f): 10:20am On Jul 01, 2015
lifeisabitch:

Add yours.

Muslim Ramadan "fast" is so hilarious..

WAKE up eat a large early break fast, skip lunch and frown all day then eat and binge on an early large dinner.... Sleep wake up and repeat.. . Little wonder some Muslims say they "supernaturally" gain weight during ramadan

5 Likes

Re: Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
Hahahaha

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism / Fighting The Spirits Of The Dead In My Dreams. / Reverend Allan Kiuna's Sex Scandal With A Mistress Sparks Outrage (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.