Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,550 members, 7,770,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:32 AM

The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) (30591 Views)

Man Drives Into Erosion Pit In Benin City / Truck Driver Parks On Ore-Ijebu Road To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam / Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by slap1(m): 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2015
This is the only road that links Nekede Old Road, Owerri to Owerri town. It is a very busy road because the area houses thousands of people. The road could completely disappear as early as next week if the rain continues as expected, effectively crippling economic activities in the area. The road also leads to Imo Songhai Farms and The Nekede Zoo. It has been like this since several months and the government is yet to do something about it.
As it is, this road cannot exist beyond two weeks. I decided to take these pictures on my way back from work this afternoon.

Lalasticlala, biko do the needful.

3 Likes

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Yehman(m): 4:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
H
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by osaslord500(m): 4:05pm On Jun 30, 2015
Y u dey beg? Fp na food?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by slap1(m): 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
More pictures... I couldn't go nearer because the road is not solid again and I have weight . grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
This one is small,, soon people would stop travelling to Umuahia through Okigwe zone. That road is the worst road in entire nation.

Okigwe road!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by slap1(m): 4:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
osaslord500:
Y u dey beg? Fp na food?

You seem ignorant. Lives (including mine) are potentially at stake and you're spewing gibberish. I've been on nairaland for a long time and I've made FP when it was FP.

49 Likes

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by donholy28(m): 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
Rochas and his fake china roads.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by OduaVanguard: 4:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
Whoa! This is serious. FG must as a matter of urgency come to their rescue and arrest the situation.

1 Like

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by osaslord500(m): 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
slap1:

You seem ignorant. Lives (including mine) are potentially at stake and you're spewing gibberish. I've been on nairaland for a long time and I've made FP when it was FP.

If Fp is nothing then stop begging for it.

Fonzie.

1 Like

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by lunaticfringe: 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2015
Rochas okoroawusa you dey try oo... I feel so sorry for my imo brethren...

27 Likes

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by seunmsg(m): 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
This is terrible! What have the government done with the ecological fund meant for situations like this? The state and the federal government should immediately do something about this before the road is completely wiped off. Buhari should also institute an urgent probe into the management, disbursement and use of the ecological fund. We can't be allocating fund to take care of ecological situations yearly and still be having roads like this.

7 Likes

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by superstar1(m): 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. No wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by mistabiola: 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2015
slap1:

Don't mind him jawe ,oya chop slap cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by baralatie(m): 5:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
OduaVanguard:
Whoa! This is serious. FG must as a matter of urgency come to their rescue and arrest the situation.
dealing with erosion sites for road network,it is comparable or more costly than road construction in Bayelsa harsh terrains

1 Like

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Emekamex(m): 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
Food is done for yoruba bigots.

17 Likes

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by slap1(m): 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
osaslord500:

If Fp is nothing then stop begging for it.

Fonzie.
So because you see "biko", it means I'm actually begging for FP? Ever heard of the word "urgency"?

My intellectual works have made FP years back, so I'm not your regular OP running all over the forum.

10 Likes

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by ahaz: 6:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
slap1:
This is the only road that links Nekede Old Road, Owerri to Owerri town. It is a very busy road because the area houses thousands of people. The road could completely disappear as early as next week if the rain continues as expected, effectively crippling economic activities in the area. The road also leads to Imo Songhai Farms and The Nekede Zoo. It has been like this since several months and the government is yet to do something about it.
As it is, this road cannot exist beyond two weeks. I decided to take these pictures on my way back from work this afternoon.

Lalasticlala, biko do the needful.
nekede enjoy the change and stop complaining.

4 Likes

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Abagworo(m): 6:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
Erosion menace no easy. I just pity the community. A lot of places in Igboland have this problem and it has always defiled every solution. We need to device means of preventing it in the 1st place maybe by planting trees or allowing natural forest to exist in prone area.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by slap1(m): 6:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
osaslord500:

Go cry to ur mama.
She's dead.

2 Likes

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by osaslord500(m): 6:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
slap1:

She's dead.

Sorry about that.
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Barselonia(m): 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
No need to worry,we would provide u with one helipad

2 Likes

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
Is this the IMO of Rochas?

I mean the very celebrated Rochas?

The private jet owner?

Imo in for a long thing tongue

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by amanze15(m): 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
Okay
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by sexaddict08(m): 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
is there a governor in that state?
Nekede girls wey sabi n.aked i greet ooo

1 Like

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by amanze15(m): 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
Fast for two weeks
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by favored11(f): 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hmm something needs to be done ASAP

1 Like

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by ultrazone(m): 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by prettyjo(f): 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
very bad
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by NaijaCuzin: 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
Pls who is the governor of this state and what is he doing abt it
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by kamez(m): 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
it been a while since I visited my home town owerri.

but I remember this road. its the old nekede road which leads to the zoo. though that zoo sef and the skinny lions in it is kinda crap.

its also leads to the highbrow aka chawa road where u ll find the concord hotel, commissioners quarters, and quite a lot of cool flexing spots along that area.

quite sad that the road is now so bad

1 Like

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Shaadey: 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
Graphic photos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses / Trailer Falls On A Police Van In Lagos (photos) / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.