Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married (7490 Views)

I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / 8 Things Guys Above 30yrs Do That Show They Are Still Mummy's Boy / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
Marriage is the only institution on earth where your certificate is receive before its commencement and commitment.

As a single guy who will become the future breadwinner of a family, there are certain things he must possess and these things shall be discuss briefly.

1. Stable Source of Income

This is an important thing every guys must secured before heading to marriage. Be it a job or business, it is paramount for guys to have stable source of income in order to carry out the responsibilities of the family in terms of feeding, children's education, etc. Afterall the bible said "Money Answereth All Things..."

2. Shelter

No lady wants to marries a guy who squats with his friends or stays @ his parents house.
Also, no educated lady wants to marry a guy staying in a "face me and slap you" apartment.
It is necessary for every guys to secure a comfortable apartment before getting married.

3. Cordial Relationship With Family and Dependable Friends

Building a good relationship with your family members and friends play a vital role as haughty moment may arise in which you will need to seek their advice. Just like the an adage said " A friend in need is a friend indeed"

4. Matured Character

Marriage is not for babies as a guy must be morally and mentally matured. His character and thinking must be A grade with the ability to handle pressure, manage relationship, understand the opposite sex behaviour and all that.

5. Spiritually Strong

Without God, a guy's vision will have no direction. I considered this as the first and most important thing every guys must have to secure a successful marriage. Every step, decision and planning towards marital success requires God's approval.

6. Good Spending Habit

Some guys have terrible spending habit. They spend as if there is a no tomorrow. When an expenditure(expensive cars, clothes, etc) is more than income, bankruptcy and inflation will definitely set in leading abject poverty.

7. Sound Health

Some guys have regular sex and change girls like sanitary pads as if their life depends on it. They spend all their income on prostitutes, alcohol and cigarette.
However it is necessary for a guy to have good diet, adequate rest and exercise, having the strength to satisfying his wife in bed.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by INTROVERT(f): 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
Ok

The importance of number four cannot be over stated.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Goldmaxx(f): 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Goldmaxx(f): 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
[quote author=INTROVERT post=35330484] Ok

The importance of number four cannot be over stated. [/quotenawao hw u cum first me na]
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by RICKYMARIO(m): 5:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by agarawu23(m): 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
future plan and focus cool

before a guy can make up his mind that he is ready to get married, he must have his future plan and must be ready to work towards it.

You must be ready to focus on your wife alone and let go of skinny chicks that can break your marriage. marriage know be play play o you have to be fully ready to face the unknown challenges and focus on the new beginning cool

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
correct......
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by ronald4lif(m): 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2015
I agree with all except number 5. Except if we're saying Atheists, Deists and literally non-believers shouldn't get married or can't have a subsisting marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by naijaboiy: 5:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
Nice points Op.

But some people still get married and live in a “face me I blow you” kind of apartment. It all depends on the background of the person.

***side comment***

Op please ensure you proof read your write up well before submitting. There are a few embarrassing grammatical blunders in your write-up. Please do well to correct them.

Abeg who on gen,,i wan charge my i-phone6+ sad

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Slimzjoe(m): 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2015
I have a Prob with dah Number 2..... Ma Mum Got married To Pops When he Still Lived in a One Room apartment in Nnewi...... Today, its a Different Story.

Op what I see you Trying to say is A guy must be Well To do and Matured before Getting Married......which is Very Rare.
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by ApcSucks: 5:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
INTROVERT:
Ok

Hmmmm
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by kalufelix(m): 5:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
Who doesnt know all these... Anyway, thank you for saying the obvious
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 30, 2015
ronald4lif:
I agree with all except number 5. Except if we're saying Atheists, Deists and literally non-believers shouldn't get married or can't have a subsisting marriage.

Well.. it may work for them at the initial stage but as time goes on, they will the need of God in their marriage.
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
naijaboiy:
Nice points Op.

But some people still get married and live in a “face me I blow you” kind of apartment. It all depends on the background of the person.

***side comment***

[b]Op please ensure you proof read your write up well before submitting. There are a few embarrassing grammatical blunders in your write-up. Please do well to correct them.

Abeg who on gen,,i wan charge my i-phone6+ sad
[/b]

Lol. I never proof read am. Maa quickly do so. Thanks bro
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Visocrate(m): 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
some got marry without any of these o anyway that's not to say guys won't prepare before thinking of regular bleeping
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by naijaboiy: 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2015
wristwatch:

Lol. I never proof read am. Maa quickly do so. Thanks bro
No wahala cool
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by fatdon2(m): 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
[b]They trust you, and you trust in them

The person you marry shouldn’t
be snooping through your
phone, private messages, or
browsing history. If they are
concerned about a specific
issue, they should confront you about it without mincing words
or sneaking behind your back.

They share your
vision for the future.

The person you marry doesn’t
have to be on the exact same
life path as you, but your trails
should converge in enough
places so that you can both
reach your final destination together. In other words: If
your partner wants to travel
overseas, but you’re too scared
to even get in the plane, then
you might have a problem.

They remain faithful
to you.

The person you marry needs to
be faithful to you and only you
(unless you both have agreed
otherwise). If you want to get
frisky in bed with other invited
guests, then I’m not here to judge you, but it’s very
important that you and your
partner are both on the same
page; otherwise, cheating is a
thoughtless and inconsiderate
act that is unforgivable in the eyes of many. I usually implore
people to forgive their
partners, but this is one area
where you might only want to
give a person a single chance,
and I can’t say I would blame you.[/b]
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2015
fatdon2:
nice write up

Thanks bro
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by ronald4lif(m): 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
wristwatch:

Well.. it may work for them at the initial stage but as time goes on, they will the need of God in their marriage.

Bro, let's get practical a bit. There are about 14% of the world population, approximately 1billion people, who are either Agnostics, Atheist, secular believers, non-religious and who have been happily married for years. They don't believe in the existence of God and are having a blasting affair, with some married for like 50years. So what do we make of them.
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
Slimzjoe:
I have a Prob with dah Number 2..... Ma Mum Got married To Pops When he Still Lived in a One Room apartment in Nnewi...... Today, its a Different Story.

Op what I see you Trying to say is A guy must be Well To do and Matured before Getting Married......which is Very Rare.

It doesn't have to be a 3bedroom flat but face 2face? shocked
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by An0nimus: 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
INTROVERT:
Ok

You replied same minute with the OP lol. Probably your post was supposed to be the original post and NL had a glitch.
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Slimzjoe(m): 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
wristwatch:

It doesn't have to be a 3bedroom flat but face 2face? shocked

Bros Enter Adetula,Dada Area for Mushin grin Make U See Polygamous Families for Face me I Slap you houses grin

Honestly man, I don't See Accommodation as a Necessary Factor.....In Countries Like India where they Have Huge Populations and Getting a House To rent is More Like Mission Impossible, People still Stay in the Houses of In_Laws and Na only Few get Yawa
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Joromi1: 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
Wristbands abi wristwatch, pls speak for yourself alone. I can agree with all but definitely not with number 1 and 4. Once a guy or a lady is up to age and is willing to settle down, he or she should get married. And having a steady income is no determinant of a successful marriage. So poor people should remain single till death abi?
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
agarawu23:
future plan and focus cool

before a guy can make up his mind that he is ready to get married, he must have his future plan and must be ready to work towards it.

You must be ready to focus on your wife alone and let go of skinny chicks that can break your marriage. marriage know be play play o you have to be fully ready to face the unknown challenges and focus on the new beginning cool

Am telling you bro.
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
Joromi1:
Wristbands abi wristwatch, pls speak for yourself alone. I can agree with all but definitely not with number 1 and 4. Once a guy or a lady is up to age and is willing to settle down, he or she should get married. And having a steady income is no determinant of a successful marriage. So poor people should remain single till death abi?

I did not say so @ the bolded.
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2015
Slimzjoe:

Bros Enter Adetula,Dada Area for Mushin grin Make U See Polygamous Families for Face me I Slap you houses grin

Honestly man, I don't See Accommodation as a Necessary Factor.....In Countries Like India where they Have Huge Populations and Getting a House To rent is More Like Mission Impossible, People still Stay in the Houses of In_Laws and Na only Few get Yawa

grin grin grin

I am talking about Nigeria bro.
Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by dBard: 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2015
The primary tin a guy needs is maturity...
Maturity to put your spouse and family's needs above Ur own and t understand that there are more important tins than 'winning' in conflicts.
Other points are extremely valid as well.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
fatdon2:
[b]They trust you, and you trust in them

The person you marry shouldn’t
be snooping through your
phone, private messages, or
browsing history. If they are
concerned about a specific
issue, they should confront you about it without mincing words
or sneaking behind your back.

They share your
vision for the future.

The person you marry doesn’t
have to be on the exact same
life path as you, but your trails
should converge in enough
places so that you can both
reach your final destination together. In other words: If
your partner wants to travel
overseas, but you’re too scared
to even get in the plane, then
you might have a problem.

They remain faithful
to you.

The person you marry needs to
be faithful to you and only you
(unless you both have agreed
otherwise). If you want to get
frisky in bed with other invited
guests, then I’m not here to judge you, but it’s very
important that you and your
partner are both on the same
page; otherwise, cheating is a
thoughtless and inconsiderate
act that is unforgivable in the eyes of many. I usually implore
people to forgive their
partners, but this is one area
where you might only want to
give a person a single chance,
and I can’t say I would blame you.[/b]

wink cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Should A Wife Join Cash And Effort To Build House/business With Her Husband. / How Can I Get Mtn "yello Christmas" Song? / Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.