Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

10 Rules For Proper Etiquette That Almost Everybody Breaks On A Regular Basis - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Rules For Proper Etiquette That Almost Everybody Breaks On A Regular Basis (855 Views)

12 Things You Won’t Believe Have Proper Names / Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) / Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Rules For Proper Etiquette That Almost Everybody Breaks On A Regular Basis by MrCEO69(m): 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
You may think of yourself as the most polished and polity person you know, but you probably weren't aware of these etiquette rules.

1. Getting into the car.
The appropriate way to get into the car, is to first sit down and then swing your legs in.

2. The correct way to use a revolving door.
If you're with a guest or client and find yourselves entering a building with a revolving door, you should enter first so that they don't have to push it.

3. Hanging your purse on the back of your chair.
The proper place for your purse is on the floor to your right.

4. Using the word "purse"...
Anything that's under $100 can be called a purse, but if it's more expensive than that, it should be referred to as a "handbag."

5. Passing the salt, but not the pepper.
Salt and pepper should be passed to the right and they shouldn't be separated. The idea is that if one person asks for only one of them, the person next to them might want both.

6. You're sitting incorrectly.
You should always approach your seat at the table from the left and exit right to avoid collisions with fellow diners.

7. There's a proper way to applaud.
Apparently, the proper way to applaud is slightly to your left with your hands raised to about chest height.

8. Proper pointing
It's okay to point at something, but never at someone.

9. Choosing the best seat...
When in the back of a limo, the back right is considered the "power seat," so it should be reserved for your boss. The seat to the left is for the next person in line and the middle seat is for a junior person.

10. Coughing into your right hand.
This is considered to be your "social hand" which you use to shake hands and do most things with, so sneezing or coughing into it is a major faux pas.

which are u quilty of¿

Source: Deo Fact

cc: lalasticlala
Re: 10 Rules For Proper Etiquette That Almost Everybody Breaks On A Regular Basis by INTROVERT(f): 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Rules For Proper Etiquette That Almost Everybody Breaks On A Regular Basis by HungerBAD: 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
Jesu Kristi not INTROVERT again.

I am tired of looking through your skirt when you are on top of me always.

God forbid you FART(Mess) for my head.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Rules For Proper Etiquette That Almost Everybody Breaks On A Regular Basis by MrCEO69(m): 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
INTROVERT:
grin
take am easy nw
i guess it heading 2 fp. No need to call on d mod. My First topic on fp.
Re: 10 Rules For Proper Etiquette That Almost Everybody Breaks On A Regular Basis by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hmmm..we are all guilty of it
Re: 10 Rules For Proper Etiquette That Almost Everybody Breaks On A Regular Basis by mixratio(m): 7:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
Any time I see 10 ways to do this and 10 ways to do that.. Tosyne2much always comes to mind
Re: 10 Rules For Proper Etiquette That Almost Everybody Breaks On A Regular Basis by ApcSucks: 7:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
INTROVERT:
grin

Do you break it?
Re: 10 Rules For Proper Etiquette That Almost Everybody Breaks On A Regular Basis by Joshuadon: 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
Slimbeth:
Hmmm..we are all guilty of it

You Are Quity of it allshocked
Re: 10 Rules For Proper Etiquette That Almost Everybody Breaks On A Regular Basis by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
Joshuadon:

You Are Quity of it allshocked
you also are guilty of it...so go and make amends
Re: 10 Rules For Proper Etiquette That Almost Everybody Breaks On A Regular Basis by tosyne2much(m): 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
mixratio:
Any time I see 10 ways to do this and 10 ways to do that.. Tosyne.2much always comes to mind
Oooooooh seriously ? cheesy

I'm just speechless
Re: 10 Rules For Proper Etiquette That Almost Everybody Breaks On A Regular Basis by refreshrate: 5:17am On Jul 01, 2015
Think his name should now be Tosyne10much
Re: 10 Rules For Proper Etiquette That Almost Everybody Breaks On A Regular Basis by mixratio(m): 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
tosyne2much:
Oooooooh seriously ? cheesy

I'm just speechless
naso my brother. Keep them coming. Nice job

(1) (Reply)

National Open University Of Nigeria Offers Quick Admission / 10 Simple But Yet Insightful Thoughts For Nigerian Students / OAU Declares Indefinite Mid-semester Break Amid NASU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.