Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,286 members, 7,954,132 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:50 PM

Attitude Problem (the Upcoming Artiste's Big Problem) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Attitude Problem (the Upcoming Artiste's Big Problem) (1030 Views)

How Can Upcoming Artiste Make Money From Their Singles/songs In Nigeria ? / Opportunity For The Upcoming Artistes / What An Amazing Talent: This Upcoming Artiste Will Wow You With His Debut Video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attitude Problem (the Upcoming Artiste's Big Problem) by ponti93(m): 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
"I am the best , the dopest and tightest musician around, my songs will blow your mind and if you sign me i will blow in a month". These are the kind of the things I hear upcoming artistes say almost every time I meet or recieve a mail from them. I know many music industry practitioners, managers, producers, PRs and record label executives pass through same procedure almost every day.
It pains to realise that the attitude of most upcomings in their quest to fufill their dreams is not only bad but unhealthy for their career.
They simply have this disease i like to call attitude problem.

First of all as an artist, you should realise that you are not doing record labels or management companies a favour by going to the studio and recording songs. So, when next you go to them to ask to be signed, first of all realise that they are there for business and not for charity and that for every thousand song you claim to be the sweetest, there are millions that are better. When you claim that your song is the tightest, they have rejected songs that are tighter than yours. So , let them be the judge of if your song is tight or not. cos label A might find a song good and label B might consider the same song not good enough.
And if you realise that it takes more than just a good song for you to be signed by a record label then you have taken the first step to rectifying this attitude problem.

Secondly, if as an artist you can't take criticism, then you are on your way to dooms land. Now, to get a real opinion of what your music sounds like, you have to forget what your producer told you, what your friends & well wishers said and play your songs for strangers, take it to the street or online. play it for people anywhere you are, you can ask them if they are fans of your genre of music before you get them to listen. make sure you don' t tell them that you are the owner of the song, this will get you a sincere opinion of what they think of the song.
When you learn from criticism of the song, you will do better.

The last attitude i want to highlight on is the pride attitude, this particular attitude has killed many upcoming's career before it could blossom.
When they attain small success, they feel like the world is theirs. With this attitude comes ungratefulness. This pride attitude cut short MAY D's career when he was about to enter a door that could have gotten him to level far above where he is today.
That you are a star in your hood doesn't mean that you have arrived or going to 30k show is not a criteria for you to misbehave, shunning your old associates and over doing things. You have not arrived until you have arrived. Know that no matter what you have achieved , people supported you, so don't start lookin down on people because the next level you will attain will be through the help of people.

As you rectify these problems, have in mind that you need to have a fanbase, online and offline cos this will give you a better edge when seeking for record deals. Going out, connecting with people of like mind will help you build a network that can take you places.
Know that humility and patience are two tools you need in order to pass through the craze and blaze of this industry.

Till I write again, stay true to your hustle.
Pounds Pontian
@mrpounds93
(UMG)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attitude Problem (the Upcoming Artiste's Big Problem) by Awesomeking: 4:34am On Jul 01, 2015
Really nice write up..i totally agree with you and i shall rectify my flaw mentioned up there
Re: Attitude Problem (the Upcoming Artiste's Big Problem) by adeyrossin(m): 6:04am On Jul 01, 2015
PLEASE KINDLY DOWNLOAD THIS SONG TITLED KI NI MOSE AND OTHER GREAT SONGS BY ADEY ROSSIN TRU THIS LINK SEIZE 1MB. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU DO THAT FOR ME http://playmyjamz.com/share/vHxWLkFIgw3925
Re: Attitude Problem (the Upcoming Artiste's Big Problem) by Awesomeking: 9:17am On Jul 01, 2015
ponti93:
"I am the best , the dopest and tightest musician around, my songs will blow your mind and if you sign me i will blow in a month". These are the kind of the things I hear upcoming artistes say almost every time I meet or recieve a mail from them. I know many music industry practitioners, managers, producers, PRs and record label executives pass through same procedure almost every day.
It pains to realise that the attitude of most upcomings in their quest to fufill their dreams is not only bad but unhealthy for their career.
They simply have this disease i like to call attitude problem.

First of all as an artist, you should realise that you are not doing record labels or management companies a favour by going to the studio and recording songs. So, when next you go to them to ask to be signed, first of all realise that they are there for business and not for charity and that for every thousand song you claim to be the sweetest, there are millions that are better. When you claim that your song is the tightest, they have rejected songs that are tighter than yours. So , let them be the judge of if your song is tight or not. cos label A might find a song good and label B might consider the same song not good enough.
And if you realise that it takes more than just a good song for you to be signed by a record label then you have taken the first step to rectifying this attitude problem.

Secondly, if as an artist you can't take criticism, then you are on your way to dooms land. Now, to get a real opinion of what your music sounds like, you have to forget what your producer told you, what your friends & well wishers said and play your songs for strangers, take it to the street or online. play it for people anywhere you are, you can ask them if they are fans of your genre of music before you get them to listen. make sure you don' t tell them that you are the owner of the song, this will get you a sincere opinion of what they think of the song.
When you learn from criticism of the song, you will do better.

The last attitude i want to highlight on is the pride attitude, this particular attitude has killed many upcoming's career before it could blossom.
When they attain small success, they feel like the world is theirs. With this attitude comes ungratefulness. This pride attitude cut short MAY D's career when he was about to enter a door that could have gotten him to level far above where he is today.
That you are a star in your hood doesn't mean that you have arrived or going to 30k show is not a criteria for you to misbehave, shunning your old associates and over doing things. You have not arrived until you have arrived. Know that no matter what you have achieved , people supported you, so don't start lookin down on people because the next level you will attain will be through the help of people.

As you rectify these problems, have in mind that you need to have a fanbase, online and offline cos this will give you a better edge when seeking for record deals. Going out, connecting with people of like mind will help you build a network that can take you places.
Know that humility and patience are two tools you need in order to pass through the craze and blaze of this industry.

Till I write again, stay true to your hustle.
Pounds Pontian
@mrpounds93
(UMG)
i have sent you an email like you asked,am songwriterkadiri@yahoo.com
Re: Attitude Problem (the Upcoming Artiste's Big Problem) by ponti93(m): 12:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
[quote author=Awesomeking post=35350825]i have sent you an email like you asked,
ok sir
Re: Attitude Problem (the Upcoming Artiste's Big Problem) by Awesomeking: 12:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
[quote author=ponti93 post=35358894][/quote]kindly reply the email.
Re: Attitude Problem (the Upcoming Artiste's Big Problem) by mczico: 1:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
Happy new month fanz Aquatic recordz /Tawe signed rapper, mc zico comes with a brand new tune titled “eledumare” . The tune is quite lovely and inspirational. Enjoy the vtek and tom j produced tune....coming out soon ...3 days to go ..keep anticipating

Re: Attitude Problem (the Upcoming Artiste's Big Problem) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2015

(1) (Reply)

25 Years In The Life Of A Pop Star WIZKID / Biography Of Ice Praise Nigeria Gospel Singer / DOWNLOAD Eva Alordiah – Still A Hoe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.