Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

....the Hidden World... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ....the Hidden World... (897 Views)

The Hidden Oracle (the Trials Of Apollo #1)author:rick Riordan / Hidden Diamonds / Hidden Desire By Blair (2) (3) (4)

....the Hidden World... by Benedict44(m): 12:35am On Jul 01, 2015
It is a story that talks about life
Re: ....the Hidden World... by Benedict44(m): 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
DEDICATION : it is dedicated to God almighty for giving me the wisdom and understanding to start this work...
All right reserved , no part of this publication may be reproduced , stored in a retrival system without the prior permission of the writer....
..NOTE: this is my first write up and criticisms are allowed but in a matured way ...PLEASE...
...i will be updating atleast once in a day because of school activities...THANKS
Re: ....the Hidden World... by Benedict44(m): 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2015
CHAPTER 1
It was a bright morning , everywhere was quiet . There was sound of crying on Johnson's house . People were trooping in and out of his house . Some were crying while some were noddling there head in disbelief . How did it happen and why was the question that kept running on everybodies mind . Johnson had been assassinated last night.
Johnson had arrived late last night from work and was in the sitting room having some rest when the assassins came. They came in a prado jeep and were four in number . After overpowering the two gate man on the gate , they made there way to the sitting room where Johnson was resting and shoot him twice on the chest and left. It was only the two gun shoots that was released through out the operation and as such could not alart the neighbours .
Johnson was the managing director of Jonny Nig. LTD . A company he established ten years ago. He had a wife and four children
Re: ....the Hidden World... by Benedict44(m): 8:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
Andra , Jessica , Chinedu and Obinna the youngest. All his four children were still young as the oldest among them Andra was in Jss1 . Johnson had turned his wife to a house wife immediately he married her and as such , she was not working but was been paid every month.
"Chai ! So Johnson is dead "said Eric who was johnsons friend and also his close neighbour. How did it happen was the question everybody kept asking Mercy who was Johnson's wife . But she could not reply any of them as she was still crying profusely.
"They have killed my husband" was what mercy kept saying .
Johnson's compound which was a two storey was full of people who came from far and near that morning to sympathize with her and also to know what realy happened from Mercy.
Re: ....the Hidden World... by Benedict44(m): 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
"But was there a gun shoot last night" Okafor asked peter who was sitting next to him in a sorrowful mood. "I had two gun shoots around 11pm last night but i taught that it was from the security agents that comb around our vicinity in the night" said Peter.
Some people were still in Johnson's house thinking of how the assassins came to the street and killed someone and left when the policemen came around 10:30am that morning. The policemen came in two van and am ambulance . After examining the corpe , they carried the corpse with there ambulance and left. They had tried to interview Mercy but due to her uncontrollable crying , they left her promising to visit later. Madam , i am inspector okoro from the divisional headquarters Ketu . "We will get back to you"said inspecter okoro as they left with the corpse.
Re: ....the Hidden World... by Benedict44(m): 11:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
i would love to here your comments plssss....
Re: ....the Hidden World... by ideatoprince18(m): 12:57am On Jul 02, 2015
**runs into thread with my ogogoro n goat meat**......bro continue u doing a great Job....buy make ur update a lil bit lengthier
Re: ....the Hidden World... by Benedict44(m): 5:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
Back in Johnson's village , everybody was in a sorrowful mood as the news of their sons assassination reached them that morning. People were seen crying at all corners in Pauls compound. Paul was Johnson's father . People were not only crying because of his death but because of the selfless services he renders to his people which were all gone . Johnson was a man known in the whole of Eketa village and their neighbouring communities because of the good things he does for the villagers. "Chai , so they have killed my son. They have defeated me " said Paul who was shaking his head in a sorrowful way. He was in his late eighties and could not talk for a long time due to sickness.
Every member of Paul's family came back home that evening on hearing that there senior brother was dead. "So it is true that brother is dead " said Chioma as she arrived their compound crying . Her other sister Chinma was not left out , as she was at the other corner with their mum crying too. Late Johnson was there elder brother who had trained them in school and also supported them financially . He was well respected in their family till death.
Elvis , Johnson's only brother arrieved that evening in company of her wife. "Chai , the mighty had fallen " exclamed Elvis on arrival.
They had a brief meeting that evening among themselves and including some of there relations who had come to sympathize with them . After the meeting , Elvis in company of her two sisters and some relations left for the city where Late Johnson and family stay. They arrived Johnson's house when darkness had covered everywhere but due to the generating light, they could see everybodies face. " Chioma they had killed my husband " said Mercy as she embrances Chioma. Both of them fell on the ground crying uncontrollably.
Later that night , all of them had a meeting where Mercy told them what happened and how the police came and carried the corpse away. They agreed that Elvis and Mercy will go and see the inspector handling the case . Later , some of them went to bed as it was already mid night while some stayed crying. "Andra , I hope that you and your sisters had eaten "said Chioma. "Yes anty " she replied and they went to bed.
Early the following morning , Andra wake up to go and collect her phone in the sitting room which she left last night. "Mummy ! Mummy shouted Andra on top of her voice as she collapses on the floor.....
Re: ....the Hidden World... by Benedict44(m): 6:38am On Jul 12, 2015
am back.....next update coming shortly
Re: ....the Hidden World... by Benedict44(m): 7:14am On Jul 12, 2015
Andra , Andra .. Mercy called but she could nt wake up . Everybody rushed out of there different rooms and were doing everything to make sure that she wakes up. "Pour her water " Elvis said as chioma dashed inside and came back with a bucket of water . She soaked a towel in water and began using it on her face and the whole body .
After some minutes , she woke up and could nt talk . "What happened" mercy asked her but she was still mute and was very tired . "Take her inside the room" Elvis told her wife . She was taken inside chioma's room while the rest went about what they were doing .
"they want to kill my daughter as they have killed my husband " said mercy as she began to cry that early morning . "Why do you want to kil your self , will crying bring him back to life . Do you remember that we are seeing the DPO this morning , hurry and dress up so that we can go in order to meet him in the office " Elvis told mercy who sluggishly went inside to dress up for their journey .
Sweetheart do i prepare something for you to eat this morning since you have not eaten anything since we came yesterday , Elvis wife Jessica asked him. " No , i will eat when i come back . Am not happy that my brother was assassinated and i will not stop until i bring the culprits to book" Elvis said with a loud voice and left the room.
"Good morning brother" chioma greeted Elvis who was heading to the bathroom . He replied her and continued going as he was still boiling in anger.
"Mercy , take heart and be strong . stop crying so that you wont kill yourself , what will be the faith of your children if you die now " Adaku told mercy who was now dressing ahead of their journey .
Some minutes later, Elvis came out fully dressed and joined the rest of others in the parlour including mercy . "Lets go " he told mercy. Both of them left the house with elvis car .
As the were moving , mercy was busy remembering the love she shared with her late husband , how close they were to each other . And within a couple of minutes , she stared sobbing inside the car.
"Stop crying , what if you die now who will take care of your children . Remember he is my blood brother and i am pained too " elvis told her and continued driving.
Re: ....the Hidden World... by Benedict44(m): 7:53am On Jul 12, 2015
They arrived at the police station when the sun was rising and as such , so many policemen were there as some have not gone out for the days work. The police station had a good serene environment , there was a police van the extreme of the last block and closer to the van are motorcycles . The police station was a bungalow that is not more than six room and a cell if asked to guess. It was painted in yellow and green colour . There was a mango tree at the compound there the place they mounted their flag and some policemen were there discussing.
"Good morning " Elvis greeted a policeman who was sitting at a motorcycle . Good morning , how can i help you " the officer replied . "We want to see the DPO " Elvis told him and he was directed to the DPO office which was closer to the counter and they left .
Kpom , Kpom ,Kpom . Elvis knocked at the DPO's office . A voice from inside replied him 'come in ' And the opened the door and entered . "Good morning " both of them greeter the DPO.
The DPO was a slim man who was in his late fifties and have been in the rank of divisional police officer (DPO) for three years . He was black in complexion but friendly . He had been in the station for some years and was conversant with everything that is happening around the vicinity.
"Good morning " the DPO replied as he usered them seat to sit down . "How can i help you people " the DPO asked them .
I am elvis , the jenior brother of Johnson who was murdered two days ago at Ajigbo street and with me is her wife mercy. Immediately he mentioned the name 'Johnson' , the DPO sighed and took a deep breath . Mercy want to cry but was stopped by the DPO .
The DPO cleared his throat and said " it was a sad news for everybody including me , i was shocked when i recieved the news about the assassination of Johnson . He was a very good man and highly respected in this town . Johnson was a was who never likes to hear about the cry of the poor or injustice . This town realy lost a hero in the person of johnson . But what can we say .Only God knows the best. We have started investigation about his assassination as i called the inspector handling the case this morning and he assured me that he will left no stone unturned until he finds the pepetretors of such hilarous crime ".he concluded with a deep breath.
"But to what extent have you people gone with the investigation " Elvis asked . "well , it is the inspector that can tell ,let me call the inspector " the dpo said as he dails the inspectors number on the land phone in his table and within some minutes the inspector came in . "Good morning all " the inspector greeted them and took a sit beside them .
Re: ....the Hidden World... by Benedict44(m): 7:58am On Jul 12, 2015
your comments is highly needed pls

Rate My Poem Over On A Score Of 10 / . / My Predicament