Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? (27146 Views)

I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! / Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by pocohantas(f): 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
I doubt your employers are sharing the money on the basis you mentioned being resignation. If actually they are, there would be no one left in that organisation.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by 6fit(f): 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

A colleague of mine resigned from the company I work and he was paid around N8.4m. This is really tempting. We resumed the same year and I even resumed 5 months before him. My annual take home is N3.6m before taxes. I don't know how much mine will be, but I'm tempted to resign and collect one lump sum to start my own business. I'm confused now. Please advise.

pls bfor u reseign, inform me so dat i can put in for yur job. Pls help a sister from another mother....to advise, pls make hast to leave d job and pick up d cash, but not untill u hav put all plan in motion and what is left is cash to set d plan rolling. If u hav a good biz plan, yu can make double 3.6M/year. In all, look bfor u lip!!!
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by bosunjohns(m): 6:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
sigmundfreud:
 A man and his wife owned a very special goose. Every day the goose would lay a golden egg, which made the couple very rich.

"Just think," said the man's wife, "If we could have all the golden eggs that are inside the goose, we could be richer much faster."

"You're right," said her husband, "We wouldn't have to wait for the goose to lay her egg every day."

So, the couple killed the goose and cut her open, only to find that she was just like every other goose. She had no golden eggs inside of her at all, and they had no more golden eggs.

That's all.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by westlius(m): 6:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
Cutehector:
Abeg resign make I come take ur job biko...
Me and u fit share him job 1.8 mils annually no b beans na
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Femistico(m): 6:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
Truluvguy:
you make N3.6m annually and want to collect 8m payoff? check what is happening in your village b4 you do grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nice reply jor, imagine someone earning like 300k/month and mayb after tax she will still take home like 200 or 250/mnth and thinking of quitting d job..

wah abt if u quit/resign and u weren't pay off at all or maybe lesser than ur colleague...

do u knw wah led to ur colleague higher pay-off

@op dnt quit ooo unless ur village witches are behind this
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Femistico:

Nice reply jor, imagine someone earning like 300k/month and mayb after tax she will still take home like 200 or 250/mnth and thinking of quitting d job..

wah abt if u quit/resign and u weren't pay off at all or maybe lesser than ur colleague...

do u knw wah led to ur colleague higher pay-off

@op dnt quit ooo unless ur village witches are behind this
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by sorepco(m): 9:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
my guy 3.6m and you want to resign? i say no!! dont even dare.1st off, what biz u wanna go into? is it a kid of biz u can exert part time control? save for 2 years ad start bthe biz. get some1 trust worthy to run it and then you supervise when time permits...do not resign now, me.

francababy:
hello house,

A colleague of mine resigned from the company I work and he was paid around N8.4m. This is really tempting. We resumed the same year and I even resumed 5 months before him. My annual take home is N3.6m before taxes. I don't know how much mine will be, but I'm tempted to resign and collect one lump sum to start my own business. I'm confused now. Please advise.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by hyelhira: 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
Is this pay-off for a limited time frame e.g. your company is in a merger/takeover? If yes, take it. (I want to assume you have no/insignificant loans). Take six months off and pay yourself about N100k monthly to think about what business you want to do. Even if you have no idea now, something will come to you. If nothing comes,you can still get another job.

However, if it is not time constrained, start the business you like small on a part time basis. If it grows to a point where you are comfortable with it, get your cash and expand. I am a business analyst/consultant. Contact me if you need more info.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by TopHand: 10:50pm On Jul 25, 2015
My dear if you are ready to work hard and sacrifice the luxuries of life I advice you to take the money start your own business work for yourself, don't be a yes sir, yes ma human being, there is so much joy to running successful businesses of your own, It all depends on you, I know of some Ibo boys if you gave them 8m you hav set them up for life, do u rent accommodation or live in your own house? are u ready to live in face me I face you, can you give up your shiny saloon and drive a van instead, are your children in private school? are you ready to put them in a public school, the bottom line, sacrifice, hard work, tenacity, intelligence, knowledge of proposed business/ability to learn very fast and lastly emotional support- anybody who tells you you cant do it you sit them down talk to them warn them and if they repeat such behavior you dump them like radioactive waste, those that are doing it successfully do not have two heads, "yes I can" are the words of remarkable people, are you remarkable?
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by amosade30(m): 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
6fit:

pls bfor u reseign, inform me so dat i can put in for yur job. Pls help a sister from another mother....to advise, pls make hast to leave d job and pick up d cash, but not untill u hav put all plan in motion and what is left is cash to set d plan rolling. If u hav a good biz plan, yu can make double 3.6M/year. In all, look bfor u lip!!!
c ya mouth...au iz ya 9t goin jor?
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by mikkypel(m): 5:14am On Jul 26, 2015
Cutehector:
Abeg resign make I come take ur job biko...

Lol... NO time to waste, e dey dere dey complain of 3m job where most are hungry of 50k job sef
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Tinyemeka(m): 6:04am On Jul 26, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

How many years of experience?
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by eromspete(m): 6:42am On Jul 26, 2015
Person wey get cap nor get head undecided
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by jpphilips(m): 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

A colleague of mine resigned from the company I work and he was paid around N8.4m. This is really tempting. We resumed the same year and I even resumed 5 months before him. My annual take home is N3.6m before taxes. I don't know how much mine will be, but I'm tempted to resign and collect one lump sum to start my own business. I'm
confused now. Please advise.

Not yet, save 200k from your salary every month for 1yr.
Look for a business to invest in while at it, you will make a lot of mistakes that will amount to your loosing a lot of money.
shore up the buisness with your savings till it becomes stable and profitable, resign when you wish to expand your business.
Have you thought of buying land and fencing it every year till your job is over? you will have no idea what it will be worth after retirement.
8m is not a lot of money in Nigeria's buisness climate especially when you are a green horn.
If you loose that capital base at your trial stage, you will be finished.
Get yourself some igbo friends to know where they are sticking their money.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by rhames(m): 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
francababy:
hello house,

take a full year to rethink your decision before taking another step into the real world.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by 6fit(f): 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2015
amosade30:
c ya mouth...au iz ya 9t goin jor?

how my talk take affect yu plzzzzz??
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by amosade30(m): 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2015
6fit:

how my talk take affect yu plzzzzz??
simply cs ds is NL
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by papauju(m): 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
I believe people have said my mind, start now and look for a good business to start with little capital and make it grow, so that you can have another income instead of going for the money that will be blown away, that is my opinion
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 23, 2015
Aunty @francababy, please where do buy/get traffic from. I will send you 30% of my first earnings even though I know you don't need it
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by Nobody: 12:46am On May 16, 2016
francababy:
hello house,

You are very funny.

What business do you know something about ?

Dangote tomato factory just shut down. This is not a time to resign jobs..

Assuming you want to just rest from the rat race, N8m cannot buy land and build you a fenced bungalow today. So make a plan of quitting say in another 5 years time and with a huge savings, a 15m pay off and business already running, you can confidently resign.

Telecoms is one sector that will not be affected by the current economic downturn. One cannot say that of other employers like banks and manufacturering industries.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? by hugochuks60(m): 8:40am On Jul 01, 2017
mmmmmmm this is quite risky ooooo. pls take note, this is d first time of hearing that wen u willingly resign from a company, they pay u off with a huge lump sum. dear check that ur friend that resigned n ask more questions wat led to his resignation n such payments, because even government don't do so. u only get paid off wen u r sacked or replaced. if this this is how it is, most people will be resigning from d company after 5yrs n thus d company after paying such amounts will shut down cos of lack of funds. imagine 20workers resigning on one particular day, that's 160millon loss from d company, mmmmmm this one bad oooo how much does d company make per yr? u may resign n get nothing o. moreover businesses r difficult to start. up initially, pls take note 8mil looks big but to. start up a business, its not as big as u think. this is not a time to resign oooo. I will advise to save n if u r tired of d job, just find another while u still work. however entrepreneurship is d best, but it takes a lot of risk n time n patience.
look before u leap. companies wont give u such amount for just 5yrs work. find out y ur colleague got that.
work, save n invest. wen u r older, say 50yrs u can use all ur investments to kick start a major business develop ur skills on d job so wen u r sacked, u can easily get another one within months or one yr. work n save a lot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. / Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew / Do I Need To Quit My Job ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.