Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:53 PM

Erosion Ravages Hostel Area In Imo State University - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Erosion Ravages Hostel Area In Imo State University (935 Views)

Tanker Explodes At Ladipo Area In Lagos (Photos) / Man Drives Into Erosion Pit In Benin City / The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Erosion Ravages Hostel Area In Imo State University by imsuboi(m): 10:21am On Jul 01, 2015
Thanks to the so called expansion of the Chukwuma Nwoha express road (without construction of a proper drainage system), erosion has started eating up the road creating a large gully.

Thanks to Rochas.

Re: Erosion Ravages Hostel Area In Imo State University by decode55(m): 10:24am On Jul 01, 2015
APC! Change grin grin
Re: Erosion Ravages Hostel Area In Imo State University by imsuboi(m): 10:25am On Jul 01, 2015
Students have to do long jump daily just to get to school.

Re: Erosion Ravages Hostel Area In Imo State University by imsuboi(m): 10:31am On Jul 01, 2015
Sometime around November last year, caterpillars came and knocked down a whole lot of trees and shrubs (and our football pitch).

We were told the road wanted to be expanded.

I think this was just a ploy to decieve those coming home for xmas.

Because after the trees were knocked down and the ground was levelled, they just poured gravel on the bare mud and left some caterpillars on the road (to create the impression that work is on going).

Fast forward to 8months later, the rains have come, erosion is threatening to turn us all into high and long jumpers.

Enough is Enough abeg.

Where is the change?

Cc: Lalasticlala, Tapout, Beremx, Chuksemi, Exxell, decode55
Re: Erosion Ravages Hostel Area In Imo State University by oluwadanie1(m): 10:39am On Jul 01, 2015
sorry op, you students should try dialogue with school authority first, then protest.
if nothing is done after protesting, just go and call all your engineering students to come and do small practical there, okay?
Re: Erosion Ravages Hostel Area In Imo State University by imsuboi(m): 11:21am On Jul 01, 2015
oluwadanie1:
sorry op, you students should try dialogue with school authority first, then protest.
if nothing is done after protesting, just go and call all your engineering students to come and do small practical there, okay?

Dialogue won't work here o.
The school authorities have no jurisdiction here as the school doesn't have hostels.

The purpose of this thread is to call the attention of the state government to alleviate our suffering.

Abeg we don tire. cry
Re: Erosion Ravages Hostel Area In Imo State University by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 01, 2015
Its the same all over Owerri. Owerri is now so dirty and so messed up since that Clown became a governor. The most funny part is that the Bufoon has plans to run for presidency! Nd he can't even manage a state! I wonder what students are passing through right now. My area at world bank is not left out. Am relocating to Onitsha next month. Fake APC change.

1 Like

Re: Erosion Ravages Hostel Area In Imo State University by decode55(m): 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
exxell:
Its the same all over Owerri. Owerri is now so dirty and so messed up since that Clown became a governor. The most funny part is that the Bufoon has plans to run for presidency! Nd he can't even manage a state! I wonder what students are passing through right now. My area at world bank is not left out. Am relocating to Onitsha next month. Fake APC change.

Bros, you dey para o! grin grin
Re: Erosion Ravages Hostel Area In Imo State University by tdayof(m): 2:16pm On Jul 01, 2015
Yhee.... grin
Re: Erosion Ravages Hostel Area In Imo State University by AstraNetwork: 7:13am On Jul 02, 2015
Downloading pictures sharp sharp. LOL

I don't think this is erosion but bad management of environment due to no drainage and no proper infrastructure.

(1) (Reply)

New ATM Rule For International Students / See What A FRSC Vehicle Was Spotted Carrying (photos) / Fatal Accident Involving A Range Rover Sports And Truck In Dolphin Estate, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.