Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Robot Kills Worker At Volkswagen Factory In Germany - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Robot Kills Worker At Volkswagen Factory In Germany (1115 Views)

Would You Buy This Rusty 1952 Volkswagen Beetle (ijapa) For N30million? / Amazing Transformation Of 1970 Volkswagen Beetle Car (photos) / #valentinesday: Special Volkswagen Spotted In Kano State Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robot Kills Worker At Volkswagen Factory In Germany by shamecurls(m): 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
The Financial Times reports that a technician has been killed by a robot at a Volkswagen plant near Kassel, Germany.

A 21 year old external contractor was installing the robot together with a colleague when he was struck in the chest by the robot and pressed against a metal plate. He later died of his injuries, reports Chris Bryant, the FT's Frankfurt correspondent.

An investigation into how the accident occurred is under way. In this plant, robots are kept behind safety cages to prevent accidental contact with humans.

The man who died was inside the safety cage when the accident happened. A second worker was outside the cage, and was not harmed.

A Volkswagen rep told the paper that the robot “was not one of the new generation of lightweight collaborative robots that work side-by-side with workers on the production line and forgo safety cages,” and had no known technical defect.

http://boingboing.net/2015/07/01/robot-kills-worker-at-volkswag.html

Re: Robot Kills Worker At Volkswagen Factory In Germany by MosakuAW(m): 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
grin

The robot should be charge to court.

That is murder.
Re: Robot Kills Worker At Volkswagen Factory In Germany by njideoby(f): 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
This is a case of a creature killing the creator.

1 Like

Re: Robot Kills Worker At Volkswagen Factory In Germany by mamajaz(f): 8:47pm On Jul 01, 2015
cheesy
njideoby:

njideoby:
Re: Robot Kills Worker At Volkswagen Factory In Germany by majamajic(m): 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
So sad
Re: Robot Kills Worker At Volkswagen Factory In Germany by colossus2: 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
Eya embarassed
Re: Robot Kills Worker At Volkswagen Factory In Germany by abatically(m): 10:06am On Jul 02, 2015
If this happened at a Toyota plant, I can imagine the amount of trolls that would have flooded this thread. But this is about GERMAN MACHINE so we can all stay quiet.
Re: Robot Kills Worker At Volkswagen Factory In Germany by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
Abatically, relax. Personally? I think you're getting too obsessed with your preferred marque. Stick with your Toyota, and be happy. The opinions of others should NOT have any effect on your choice.

Heck, I'm an Audi guy to the core, despite the fact I'm a Diagnostic Technician, contracted to Toyota GB. There are many here who are not keen on Audi, and that's fine. We all have different tastes, one of the joys of diversity. For as many who like a particular brand, there are a corresponding number who don't.

Folk will slate Audi, but I will still buy Audi's - it's not my job to educate these guys, that's something they'll have to figure out for themselves.

My preference may well be Audi, but I'm proud to say I have owned more than 20 different brands of vehicles, Asian, American, European. I will purchase ANY brand if I like the "feel", it's that simple.

Simply buy whatever floats your boat, and try to understand that others may have had bad experiences with your preferred brand, you yourself may have owned the same brand for 20 years without any issues.

Kapish!
Re: Robot Kills Worker At Volkswagen Factory In Germany by abatically(m): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
Siena, I'm not even a Toyota fanboy. I appreciate good cars, but u need to see the way people troll here whenever a Toyota gets involved in an accident. I read sometime when a Toyota car got involved in a head on collision and the front bumper got damaged, some trolls were condemning the build quality as if the bumper wasn't doing its job. Or as if there is a car out there that is immune to accident.

I know particular fellow here that will NEVER comment on a Japanese forum no matter how small. But whenever there's a recall on Toyota vehicles he will be the first to create the thread.

(1) (Reply)

Front Left Camber 2005 Corolla Sports Changed 3 Times In 2 Months / Who Can Explain The Implication Of Negative Camber? / Driving Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.