Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,953 members, 7,828,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Car Engine Leakages...pls Help.oooo - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Engine Leakages...pls Help.oooo (1097 Views)

5 Likely Causes For An Overheating Car Engine / Why Does My Car Engine Oil Dry Up Without Physical Leakage / How To Cook Food On Your Car's Engine (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Engine Leakages...pls Help.oooo by mygame: 9:15pm On Sep 28, 2015
I have a ford galaxy with a 2.3engine DAT is manual. The bottom engine got strapped a little while traveling. Can I get a fowhit to cover up the scrap or wat is your advice..
Re: Car Engine Leakages...pls Help.oooo by billy187(m): 2:02am On Sep 29, 2015
Is fowhit the same as epoxy? Are u refering to the oilpan?
Re: Car Engine Leakages...pls Help.oooo by mygame: 6:23am On Sep 29, 2015
billy187:
Is fowhit the same as epoxy? Are u refering to the oilpan?
Yes. D oil pan.. Wat do u tink I can do..
Re: Car Engine Leakages...pls Help.oooo by kingreign(m): 6:35am On Sep 29, 2015
mygame:
I have a ford galaxy with a 2.3engine DAT is manual. The bottom engine got strapped a little while traveling. Can I get a fowhit to cover up the scrap or wat is your advice..
Replace oil pan.
Re: Car Engine Leakages...pls Help.oooo by mygame: 7:22am On Sep 29, 2015
kingreign:

Replace oil pan.
It's a little scratch.. Very little DAT makes oil drop
Re: Car Engine Leakages...pls Help.oooo by fishly(f): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2015
mygame:

It's a little scratch.. Very little DAT makes oil drop

Bros...

Replace the friggin pan.

If it is a steel pan, you might be able to weld it but how much is a pan anyways?

A stress on metal that gets hot might lead to a bigger issue later on...

Would you like having a caved-in sump in the middle of no where?
Re: Car Engine Leakages...pls Help.oooo by billy187(m): 9:46am On Sep 29, 2015
I guess the best option will be to replace the entire oil pan- regardless the size of the leak.

I bought my Ford focus from a guy that preferred "bandages" to replacement. It had a similiar oil leak problem; and informed me that he had welded the oil pan to no avail, and had since given up on the issue. I also noticed that the entire oil pan had been coated with epoxy as well. On scraping of this 'layer', I noticed the leak was from a tiny hole in the side.

I quickly bought a new oil pan and the problem disappeared. My focus does not consume a drop of oil between changes.

So just swap it out and prevent any headaches, bro.
Re: Car Engine Leakages...pls Help.oooo by mygame: 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
fishly:

Bros...
Replace the friggin pan.
If it is a steel pan, you might be able to weld it but how much is a pan anyways?
A stress on metal that gets hot might lead to a bigger issue later on...
Would you like having a caved-in sump in the middle of no where?
billy187:
I guess the best option will be to replace the entire oil pan- regardless the size of the leak.

I bought my Ford focus from a guy that preferred "bandages" to replacement. It had a similiar oil leak problem; and informed me that he had welded the oil pan to no avail, and had since given up on the issue. I also noticed that the entire oil pan had been coated with epoxy as well. On scraping of this 'layer', I noticed the leak was from a tiny hole in the side.

I quickly bought a new oil pan and the problem disappeared. My focus does not consume a drop of oil between changes.

So just swap it out and prevent any headaches, bro.
Ok tks. How much does it cost for this especially for a ford galaxy 2.3 engine.
Re: Car Engine Leakages...pls Help.oooo by ryanfletcher: 11:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
just replace it straight up

(1) (Reply)

How Many Litres Do I Need / What Nigerians Should Look Out For When Buying A Used Vehicle - OLX / Highway Police And Engine Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.