Stats: 3,194,433 members, 7,954,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:57 AM

Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD (49229 Views)

If Nigeria Musicians Were Football Clubs / 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 / List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by alphalpha(m): 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
Badex10:
you are very correct Sir! Went to follow Timidakolo on Twitter now it saddens my heart to see the Guy having only 50K+ followers. Nigerians dont support good music,all dey want is beat not Lyrics. Dat's why people like Asa,Timi Dakolo,Dare art Alade,Femi kuti and Burna boy dont get enough recognition as dey ought to get.
Diz people are the only set of people that can take our Music to D Next Level
Burna Boy?
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by ManTiger(m): 1:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
The OP is high on some cheap scum for including TIMI DAKOLO.
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by trapQ: 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
SADE ADU. won the Grammy's and she's nigerian
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Mosh1: 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
Are these people not Nigerians?..Nigerians have won Grammy Award of course:

Another Nigerian has emerged a winner in the much-coveted international music awards, The Grammys. At the 57th edition of the Grammy awards, which held at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles, California, Nigerian Kelvin Olusola and his team, Pentatonix, won in the Best Arrangement, Instrumental or Acappella category. Olusola thus joined a growing list of Nigerians to have won the award after Helen Folashade Adu (better known as Sade Adu), Henry Adeola Samuel (popularly called Seal) and Sikiru Adepoju. In 1986, at the 28th Grammy awards, Sade Adu winning with her band, Sade, as Best New Artiste, became the first Nigerian to win in the prestigious awards. Ten years later, another Nigerian, Seal, won the Grammys Record of the Year and Song of the Year awards for his song Kiss from a Rose, a song which was remixed as a soundtrack to Batman forever. Sikiru Adepoju won the Grammy in 1991 and 2009 as a part of Mickey Hart’s group, Planet Drum, whose albums won the award for Best Contemporary World Music Album for the two years. Many other Nigerians have been nominated but lost out to other nominees. The first Nigerian to be nominated for the award was King Sunny Ade, in 1983 for his album, Synchro System. He was re-nominated in 1998 for his collection of Yoruba songs Odu, becoming the first African to be nominated twice. Femi, son of controversial Afrobeat pioneer Fela Kuti, has been nominated for a Grammy award four times. He was nominated in 2003, 2010, 2012 and 2013, but did not win any. Others who have been nominated Tyler Okonma, Tiwa Savage, and Chimamanda Adiche.

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Badex10(m): 2:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mosh1:
Are these people not Nigerians?..Nigerians have won Grammy Award of course:

Another Nigerian has emerged a winner in the much-coveted international music awards, The Grammys. At the 57th edition of the Grammy awards, which held at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles, California, Nigerian Kelvin Olusola and his team, Pentatonix, won in the Best Arrangement, Instrumental or Acappella category. Olusola thus joined a growing list of Nigerians to have won the award after Helen Folashade Adu (better known as Sade Adu), Henry Adeola Samuel (popularly called Seal) and Sikiru Adepoju. In 1986, at the 28th Grammy awards, Sade Adu winning with her band, Sade, as Best New Artiste, became the first Nigerian to win in the prestigious awards. Ten years later, another Nigerian, Seal, won the Grammys Record of the Year and Song of the Year awards for his song Kiss from a Rose, a song which was remixed as a soundtrack to Batman forever. Sikiru Adepoju won the Grammy in 1991 and 2009 as a part of Mickey Hart’s group, Planet Drum, whose albums won the award for Best Contemporary World Music Album for the two years. Many other Nigerians have been nominated but lost out to other nominees. The first Nigerian to be nominated for the award was King Sunny Ade, in 1983 for his album, Synchro System. He was re-nominated in 1998 for his collection of Yoruba songs Odu, becoming the first African to be nominated twice. Femi, son of controversial Afrobeat pioneer Fela Kuti, has been nominated for a Grammy award four times. He was nominated in 2003, 2010, 2012 and 2013, but did not win any. Others who have been nominated Tyler Okonma, Tiwa Savage, and Chimamanda Adiche.

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng
. All doz dat have won it dont leave in Nigeria, ok?
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Temysteve(m): 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
Badex10:
you are very correct Sir! Went to follow Timidakolo on Twitter now it saddens my heart to see the Guy having only 50K+ followers. Nigerians dont support good music,all dey want is beat not Lyrics. Dat's why people like Asa,Timi Dakolo,Dare art Alade,Femi kuti and Burna boy dont get enough recognition as dey ought to get.
All dis artiste u are talking about ar gr8 musician but Nigeria nd International but Nigeria music of 2day is by flow, u need to give ur fans what dey nd not what u want. Dats y some Nigeria artiste (rappers) don't pull crowd e.g Vector, Mode9 e.t.c. If u cannot rap with ur dialect or be an indeginous rapper mehn u're out of d industry if u dnt knw. So dat's y artiste like Olamide, Wizkid, Davido nd more involve in nd some upcoming artiste. It's nt dat dey dnt releases gud music but 1nc nobody is listening to ur music u'll feel inferior. When Tiwa savage was a backup singer 4 beyonce l i luv her music like anythin but immediately she moved to Mavin she got corrupted nd her fan think she's given dem d best. So my brother its nt their fault, dey wish 2 be gud musician but internal nd external but dey get corrupt by d fans
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Temysteve(m): 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2015
Badex10:
All dis artiste u are talking about ar gr8 musician both in Nigeria nd International but Nigeria music of 2day is by flow, u need to give ur fans what dey want nd not what u want. Dats y some Nigeria artiste (rappers) don't pull crowd e.g Vector, Mode9 e.t.c. If u cannot rap with ur dialect or be an indeginous rapper mehn u're out of d industry if u dnt knw. So dat's what artiste like Olamide, Wizkid, Davido nd many more involve demselves nd someother upcoming artiste. It's nt dat dey dnt produce gud music but 1nc nobody is listening to ur music u'll feel inferior. When Tiwa savage was a backup singer 4 beyonce i luv her music like anythin but immediately she moved to Mavin she got corrupted nd her fan think she's given dem d best. So my brother its nt their fault, dey wish 2 be gud musician both internal nd external but dey get corrupt by d fans
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Abbey2sam(m): 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
ayindejimmy:

We're talking Grammies not BET awards

did i mention anything about BET

[size=48pt]?[/size]
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by UyiIredia(m): 3:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
Badex10:
Other notable mentions:
7 Psquaretongue-Square are a Nigerian R&B duo composed of identical twin brothers Peter Okoye and Paul Okoye. They produce and release their albums through Square Records. In December 2011, they signed a record deal with Akon's Konvict Muzik label. In May 2012, they signed a record distribution deal with Universal Music South Africa.
8 2face:Innocent Ujah Idibia, better known by his stage name 2face Idibia, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter and record producer. He officially discontinued the use of the name Tuface and selected Tu-baba as his stage name. He is one of the most decorated and successful Afro pop artists in Africa. He is also one of the most bankable artists inAfrica.
9 Dbanj:Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo is a Nigerian singer-songwriter, harmonica player, and businessman. He has won several music awards, including the awards for Best African Act at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2007, Artist of the Year at the MTV Africa Music Awards 2009, Best International Act: Africa at the 2011 BET Awards, and Best-selling African Artist at the 2014 World Music Awards.
10 Burna Boy:Burna Boy, Real Name Damini Ogulu, hails from Mbiama in Ahoda West Local Government Area in Rivers State, he was born on the 2nd of july 1991, had his primary education at montessori international school before moving to lagos, he also attended Corona, Agbara secondary school after which he left for the UK and found his true calling "music" but never the less Burna Boy's grand dad, Benson Idons, back in the days used to be the legend Fela Anikulapo Kuti's manager, So, it’s no surprise Burna's early influences to music have turned out to be..
source: www.dailygist.info

The other musicians you posted were a bit respectable but these musicians can NEVER win a Grammy award.

Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by shaqhead: 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

He's still the same at his very core.

We forced him to change. He's got bills to pay. We changed Darey. We changed Banky. We changed Tiwa Savage. We are changing Timi Dakolo.

We forced them to be less of genuises. We forced them to become mediocres. We forced them to be less than what they are. We clipped their wings.
We also changed Vector the Viper.

We forced them to become quacks as against maestros so they could pay their bills.

Only Asa got lucky. The rest are trapped by our poor taste.

These guys deserve more than us. These guys deserve fans that appreciate their true genius talents.sad
Respect Man...enof respect! U made so much sens...our musical geniuses r fast losing themselves and we r fast makin mediocre clones to "replace" em...even Asa wouldnt survive if she ws based here cos jst wakin up evrydy n hearin junk on Radio n TV is enof to mk her think twice!

In my opinion, Asa remains d lone that stand a huge chance of grabbing the Grammy among the mentioned cos of d "immunity" she enjoys frm d infection of mediocre music u hear evrywia in Nigeria. I guess dts y d lyks of Sade Adu, Seal, d Pentatonix Guy could clinch it and ds is also evident in oder fields e.g education.

I dnt think we "changed" Vector, wwe actually did worse! Vector is fast becomin anode Mode 9-strugglin to fit in shoes they are far bigger than all because our very poor tastes wants to force out an insipid mixture of a "wizkid" and "Olamide" out of them!

@ Op wheres Bez on ur list?
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by matmana: 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by danbrowndmf(m): 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
pbs4real:
so u sef wan tel me say u knw see 2face for that list
My bad.sad
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by kinibigdeal(m): 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
meanwhile

Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by chamboy(m): 5:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
Goldmaxx:
STFU, psquare is beta than all those pple u listed,he has more international friends and influence.
And for dbanj,lmaoo,when last did he release a hit song.Is it feeling the niggar?lwmkmd.....you must be 4rm france.#teampsquarerocks#
p2 too dbanj..
#deadonarrival
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by ayindejimmy(m): 5:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
Abbey2sam:

did i mention anything about BET

[size=48pt]?[/size]
my error then. I thought u mentioned 2face.
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Goldmaxx(f): 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
But dnt u think psquare's bring it on may win grammy next yr since dix yr is gone
chamboy:
p2 too dbanj..
#deadonarrival
jay z and kanye west has 21 each while beyounces has 20
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Sunnypa11(m): 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
Asa,Timi Dakolo,Beautiful Nubia(Underrated but i av almost all his tracks on my fone now and he is very original and good),Brymo(Tabula rasa is cool),Icon like Lagbaja,Sunny Ade e.t.c are now grandpas reducing their chances..

Timi Dakolo,Nneka and Asa reads alot...Banky W,Wizkid,Dbanj and Psquare all av connection but full of quacks lyrics.....go to Mp3red dot(.)ru to download their albums or go to Itunes to buy online....

Anybody that mention Small Doctor,Burna and praiz is joking

Ms iye,Kayefi and Simi all av unique voices but are all too raw

Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Meister(m): 6:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
TheSonOfMark:
[size=14pt]PRAIZ: I think he's as good as John Legend.

Have you listened to his cover of Rihanna's STAY? He upstaged her. cool
[/size]

Well you don't see John Legend singing a cover of Rihanna's song do ya
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by ehis05(m): 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Then let's appreciate him. Invite him to perform at gigs, buy his albums, give him endorsement deals like you've given to Wizkid and his mediocre ilk. Follow him on Twitter and encourage.

Save our musical geniuses.smiley

Hope u've done d same
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
Sunnypa11:
Asa,Timi Dakolo,Beautiful Nubia(Underrated but i av almost all his tracks on my fone now and he is very original and good),Brymo(Tabula rasa is cool),Icon like Lagbaja,Sunny Ade e.t.c are now grandpas reducing their chances..

Timi Dakolo,Nneka and Asa reads alot...Banky W,Wizkid,Dbanj and Psquare all av connection but full of quacks lyrics.....go to Mp3red dot(.)ru to download their albums or go to Itunes to buy online....

bro, i forgot to download that tabula rasa album !

z it cool
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
Sunnypa11:

bro, i forgot to download that tabula rasa album !

z it cool?
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by omonnakoda: 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
Nigerians and Black people are "educated" but they cannot think. Why should Africans aspire for Grammy awards for African music? The same mentality that makes Africans worship Mohammed and Jesus and travel to Jerusalem and Mecca. Mental Emancipation is not a slogan it is a consciousness.

We do not need Grammy,Nobel or any other Oyibo awards most especially in things to do with culture. We don't need their validation.
We have five pages so far on this thread. Does anyone here know the NAME OF ONE PERSON WHO DECIDES GRAMMY AWARDS or is it given by angels?
Those people who started Grammy Awards did not start it for Africans.

We need to wake up from the Brazilian hair,Tura soap mentality. Right now many are asleep but believe they are the most awake. Is it anyy wonder we abuse Ghanaians for being "black"

Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Revolva(m): 8:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
REMOVE DBANJ N BURNA BOY MY MIND REST
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Badex10(m): 12:40am On Jul 03, 2015
booqee:
badex10 i can't believe Asa is not on your list!!

infact thread locked and burnt to ashes!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Asa is there
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Westlife2013(m): 7:34am On Jul 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:
[size=14pt]PRAIZ: I think he's as good as John Legend.

Have you listened to his cover of Rihanna's STAY? He upstaged her. cool
[/size]

What about this one by SMASHY https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/17791
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by code7x: 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

He's still the same at his very core.

We forced him to change. He's got bills to pay. We changed Darey. We changed Banky. We changed Tiwa Savage. We are changing Timi Dakolo.

We forced them to be less of genuises. We forced them to become mediocres. We forced them to be less than what they are. We clipped their wings.
We also changed Vector the Viper.

We forced them to become quacks as against maestros so they could pay their bills.

Only Asa got lucky. The rest are trapped by our poor taste.

These guys deserve more than us. These guys deserve fans that appreciate their true genius talents.sad
Guy you make too much sense!
...But Timi is still doing the good job. I respect him so much.
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by omonnakoda: 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
I feel quite strongly about this and so the need to repeat myself.As long as white man hands out Grammy awards and we aspire to win them we are confirming our inferiority. Those who are still in their 20s need to stop and examine their thinking deeply on this issue. The Yoruba have a saying Oyo o ji se benikan a ji se b'Oyo la ri. The Oyo does not imitate anyone we only know of those that imitate Oyo. When we see images of Africans drowning in the sea trying to get to Europe we need to stop and think ? Have we lost all our dignity?

We as Nigerians must never forget that we are the biggest Black nation and carry the hopes of the Black race. Let us be proud no matter what. One day we will hand out awards that others will aspire to. It is no coincidence that Nigerian music took off internationally once we started to be true to ourselves. Yes we are very far from perfect but we are Naija and bow for no one. Fvck the Grammy!!
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by TheSonOfMark(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
code7x:
Guy you make too much sense! ...But Timi is still doing the good job. I respect him so much.

I pray he doesn't change.
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by mployer(m): 10:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
UjSizzle:

Lmaoooo with hin ogogoro voice grin

kiss kiss
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by MJBOLT: 11:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
grin no be only Grammy award keep jonzing ooo
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by teamchocolate: 8:28am On Jul 07, 2015
Watch ur uncouth tongue, Lady.. no be person wey dem nominate go fit win?
chowlade:

Oloriburuku, Is nomination and winning same thing?
Obo rada rada south east ko South East ni.

10 Year Old Warri Girl Dancing Shoki, She Does It Like A Pro / DOWNLOAD MIXTAPE: DJ Glitter – Best Of Seyi Vibez • Mp3 / The Legend Of The Rainmaker – Majek Fashek

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69