Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) (39768 Views)

Hired Killer Caught While Trying To Strangle Woman To Death In Lagos (Photos) / 4 Robbers Arrested While Attempting To Strangle Victim Over N60k (pic) / Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by saintbeckie(f): 3:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
hmmm.....the heart of men is desperately wicked!!! ki Olorun maa so wa lowo eni ti a o so,sugbon to n so wa. RIP to d dead

Guess what? Original Stone Coated roof tile (50yrs warranty) and Step Tile Aluminum is now in Abeokuta@ Wholesales price !!! Available in different designs and colors.For Quotation and Inquiries,CALL/WHATSAPP 08034116430
Batlan Concepts,we keep our words

Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by enomakos(m): 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
We already have too many prisoners govt shall stop sending killers like this to prison my crocodiles and lions will need them for supper
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by MosakuAW(m): 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
sultan457:

Your attention is needed, the topic is already on frontpage so come and build house on your land.
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by fadolak(f): 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2015
lolaxavier:

Your judgement is too mild...how about throwing them in a cage full of lions?
I fear who no fear you ooooo
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by deadZONE: 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
It was learnt that none of the suspects had their relatives in Lagos as they came from Cross River, Rivers, Bayelsa and Anambra states.

[/quote] LIES
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by Orikinla(m): 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
lolaxavier:
Operatives of the Anti-Robbery Squad of the State Department of Criminal Investigation, Yaba, Lagos State, have arrested a five-man gang for allegedly strangling a cab driver, Sonye Chukwudi, aka Zack Friday.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the robbers ─ Anthony Toms (20), Godwin Francis (25), Michael Inyang (21), Evidence David (22), Etuk Tony (23) ─ tricked the 32-year-old to the Ransome Kuti Gardens, Anthony Village, thinking he had a lot of money.

They were said to have bound him hands and feet before strangling him, only to discover he had only his phone and N4,750 on him.

Our correspondent was told that the suspects hid the corpse in the gardens.

They were about escaping in the victim’s white Mercedes Benz E320 saloon car, when a team of policemen, acting on a tip-off, apprehended them.

The incident happened on Sunday around 9pm.

A police source said the suspects thought Chukwudi was rich because of his car which he usually parked around the Ikeja GRA for hire service.

He said, “They were four that planned the crime. Toms was their informant. He told them the man was rich.

“He told Chukwudi that he had a job for him. He said the man would carry some flowers for a customer from Anthony Village to Obanikoro.”

It was learnt that Toms, who hails from Cross River State, also arranged with another friend to drive the victim’s car after it had been stolen.

A police source said the man, who was to drive Chukwudi’s car, alerted the police to the operation.

The policemen reportedly trailed him to the scene.

PUNCH Metro gathered that around 9pm, the victim drove into the gardens and parked his car facing the Gbagada Expressway.

It was gathered that Toms began to load some bouquet of flowers into the booth of the car.

A source said, “Toms called the victim to assist him. As he stepped out of the car, other members came out of their hiding place and hit him in the head with a plank.

“They bound his legs and hands and used his clothes to cover his mouth. They then strangled him.”

Our correspondent was told that the suspects ransacked the deceased’s pocket and found his phone and N4,750.

“Soon after, they called their hired driver to pick them because none of them could drive.

“As soon as the driver got to the place, the police surrounded the suspects,” the source said.

Our correspondent was told that the police were forced to open fire on two of the gang members who attempted to escape.

They sustained gunshot injuries in the legs.

The police were said to have found the victim’s corpse hidden in the gardens and covered with flowers.

Our correspondent was told that Chukwudi lived alone in the Egbeda area of Lagos, while his wife and four children lived in their hometown in Imo State.

It was learnt that none of the suspects had their relatives in Lagos as they came from Cross River, Rivers, Bayelsa and Anambra states.

The prime suspect, Toms, however told our correspondent he never meant to kill the victim.

He said, “I am a gardener. I work in that garden at Anthony. I met the man about two years ago.

“That day, I just wanted to collect the money and steal his car, which we estimated at about N2m. He struggled with us and died in the process.”

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, said he would call back.

But he had yet to do so as of the time of filing this report.

But a police source said the men were arraigned on Wednesday before an Ebute Meta Chief Magistrate’s Court.

They were said to have been remanded pending legal advice from the Directorate of Public Prosecutions.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/robbers-strangle-driver-in-lagos-gardens/
. All from PDP states. Most of the criminals in Lagos are not from Lagos. "Awon Omale".
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by Raylight2(m): 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
HungerBAD:
All in their 20's, all uneducated,all came from outside Lagos,all believed in their illiterate minds that a cab driver is rich. I give up on our Youths, who raised this Demons?
maybe the richest in their village is a cab driver
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by trapQ: 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
Jesus Christ. rotflmao to China
lolaxavier:

Your judgement is too mild...how about throwing them in a cage full of lions?
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2015
Awon oloriburuku pple. So sad. R.I.P
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by ojimbo(m): 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
while they were busy coursing americans just because they signed gay marriage
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by bmos(m): 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
sultan457:

Freedom gone forever. It is now 'had i known...'
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by Mbediogu(m): 5:47pm On Jul 02, 2015
Osyxcel:
Wicked Souls angry

My judgement: Engage them in hard paid labour, and after deduction feeding expenses from their wages, the remnant should be sent to the family of the deceased. They should do this continuously for 20 years...

Not deterent enough!
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by tammie24: 5:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
[quote author=VIPERVENOM post=35401219][/quote]

Very funny guy cheesy
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by Uteghe(m): 6:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
Couldn't the police arrange the criminals in a more swagless order? Apart from the cuff,they could pass for a nascent rap group.
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by Bibidear(f): 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
IlekeHD:

Really. Are we living in the 1500s?
what they did was bad and d funniest thing is dat,they mite b released
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by bigiyaro(m): 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2015
HungerBAD:
All in their 20's, all uneducated,all came from outside Lagos,all believed in their illiterate minds that a cab driver is rich. I give up on our Youths, who raised these Demons?
dis kinds r by products of drunks n prostitutes, trown away n raised by an inresponsible society.
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
kai

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by Tonason: 8:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
Since police a tip on time, they should have acted fast to be able to save the mans live. Though they tried but not enough.
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by ojosegun2011(m): 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
May God save us from enemies within. They just wasted a struggling man. If a man is using a hybrid car for transport, it is obvious that he is a poor man. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by TheAdvocate(m): 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
And they are loitering where the police sign says "no loitering."
Re: Robbers Strangle Driver In Lagos Gardens (Picture) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
HungerBAD:
All in their 20's, all uneducated,all came from outside Lagos,all believed in their illiterate minds that a cab driver is rich. I give up on our Youths, who raised these Demons?
wish I could like yur post again and again...
Damn u said it all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Palm Wine Tapper Killed In Edo (Disturbing Photo) / Female UNIBEN Student Stabs Her Friend's Head & Leaves Her To Die (Photos) / Bus Driver Defies Police And Lastma Attempts To Arrest Him In Marina Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.