Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,463 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal (781 Views)

How Do I Deploy My Web Apps To Live Online Web Hosts? / Vacancy For Online Web Content Creator / Need A Ready-made Online Web Forum ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal by agboifo(f): 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2009
Hi all,

Our Media Company is packaging an Online Virtual Learning on Web/Network Security. It is no longer news that web sites are daily being hacked, and that any future thinking programmer will better serve both himself and his clients, by being aware of how to prevent these hacks and what to do if they happen.

Nowadays, it's no longer a question of IF, but of WHEN.

The most high profile hacking in the Nigerian environment was the website of the PUNCH newspaper and many others whose owners preferred to say, "Down for Upgrading".

The Online Course will address the following areas among others:

Web Sites Penetration Testing
Network Penetration Testing
Code Auditing & Patching
Secure Configuration Management
Secure Web Development
Network Hacking Training
Web Hacking Training
End-User Security Training

Apache Tricks to protect sensitive/backup files
Apache Tricks to prevent Shell File Attack
What to do when you are hacked
HTTP Brute Forcing with JHijack
Scalp
RatProxy

Now the purpose of this post is to find out your views:

1. Will you take part in such a course if organized?
2. How much would you be willing to pay for each module?
3. How much time would you be willing to spend each day doing this?
4. How long should the entire cost run

I am very grateful for your feedback and please if you would be interested, do me a PM, and I will keep you informed of progress.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal by Seun(m): 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2009
Hmmm, I suggest providing consultancy services to companies whose websites have been or could be hacked.
Re: Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal by agboifo(f): 4:58pm On Mar 03, 2009
Hi Seun,

Thanks for your reply.
Actually we already do that. We have a good number (who appreciate the 'insurance' nature of the field) on our list.

We now think it will be worthwhile expanding the sphere of programmers who have this ability, hence the idea for this course.
Re: Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal by Seun(m): 5:05pm On Mar 03, 2009
Why? You want more competitors? Why not just hire more employees and train them to assist?
Re: Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal by agboifo(f): 5:21pm On Mar 03, 2009
Actually competition is not such a bad thing. It puts good business people on their toes.

No, that's not the main issue for us here. Simply training for those who wish to be prepared. Anyhow, that's the reason for this post - to get feedback, and you're already giving it. Thanks a mil!
Re: Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 04, 2009
*Sips* coffee, feeling rather sleepy, cannot read all these posts. . .soiling huh? Maybe u may post a website u have done that is soil-proof, and post it to us here. . .if it is standard, then maybe. . .just maybe. . .more people will subscribe. . .goes off to sleep
Re: Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal by agboifo(f): 2:56pm On Mar 04, 2009
Sleep well smiley

For anyone interested, there are some teasers here: http://yehg.net/lab/#training

(1) (Reply)

Your Honest Opinion Needed / Pls Help With My Acrobat / Uploading A Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.