Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,821 members, 7,817,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job (2934 Views)

When You Eventually Get That Dream Job / 14 Salary Negotiation Responses That Could Cost You Your Dream Job! / How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by onismate: 8:08am On Jul 02, 2015
Sometimes in life, we never can know how and where God would bless us. That is why he is God.
I graduated from the university hoping to get a good job after my NYSC. But after my service year, it became a hard nut cracking. Securing a job became more difficult like making electricity power stable in Nigeria. One year pass, the second year flashed away, third year moved and I was counting 6 years and no reasonable job was forth coming.
During the 6 years, I used it to write professional exams, ICAN. I tried major and minor oil firms in Port Harcourt were I was based, to see if I could get a job, yet no job. Banks were not left out too. But still no job. I switched outside the state. I began job hunting in other states. I travelled for interviews but yet nothing positive. The only job that was calling was teaching jobs. The best I saw in terms of payment was N15,000.
The day I started the job, I cried bitterly. N15,000! What will it do for me! Infact my transportation from my home to the school in a month would cost me N6,000 and I would be left with N9,000. I encouraged myself, at least I was still staying in my parent’s house. After 6 years of no job, I started the teaching job while searching for a better one.
Four years into my teaching job, I had managed to get married with a kid. Salary had been increased to N25,000. But life has been so difficult for me and my family and we were still staying in my parent’s house. And life in Port Harcourt was damn expensive. Sometimes we have to rely on my wife who works in the bank. The family relies on her salary to survive.
One day, during the school’s long holiday, I was invited for a youth seminar in one of the popular churches in Port Harcourt. I turned it down because for me, it has no end. I had attended many and tried their so called formular but it was not working. So there was nothing new they want to convince me about. The friend who invited me told me it was free, that I should come, I rejected it.
Few weeks later, I was very broke and I needed some money and my wife was equally broke as well. It wasn’t not easy for her handling child’s care while I handle other issues and we just rented our new apartment, and that was the beginning of the month. I wondered how we would survive till the end of the month. I began wondering about in Port Harcourt city looking for who would lend me some money till the end of the month. The ones I met said they don’t have that kind of money. My friend Boni, I didn’t want to disturb him because his wife just gave birth to triplets and he was complaining about money too. I had no choice than to put my hope on him. I went to Boni’s house but his wife and mother in-law said he went out. I called his line but there was noise at the back ground. I could barely hear what he was saying and he couldn’t hear me. He said he couldn’t hear me that I should come to his church and see, that he was in church. I already knew his church. I entered keke and went to see him.
When I got to the church, I discovered they were having a seminar. The seminar that I was invited which I turned down. Boni asked me to wait till after the program. I sat at the back of the church which was averagely filled. People actually came for the Job hunt seminar. As I sat down listening to one of the facilitators speaking. I became angry about what he was saying. Apparently he is rich and has his own company but with a wrong opinion. He was encouraging people who can’t find jobs to go into entrepreneurial programs, have a business and become a boss of your own. It was so good until he started bragging about his wealth and how he started making money early enough in life, comparing it with us. He said the young people of today are lazy and arrogant. During their young days, he struggle hard and within a year, he was able to set up his water factory and began making money within 6 months. He was bragging. And so many people were nodding to what he was saying. In annoyance, I raised up my hand that I have a suggestion to make, forgetting that I came there to ask for money. Microphone was given to me and I began hitting my own points.
First of all, during the speaker days in the 70s and 80s when he and Dangote started their business, the electricity power supply was far better, the cost of starting and a business was low, there was a fair due process compared to now that one spend more to start up a business. Now, one has to check the cost of running on generator because of power problems. Then we now talk of capital to start. In U.S and other developed countries, there are angel investments companies, venture capitalists. The Government are willing to borrow and undergraduate funds withholding their certificates after graduation till the moneys owed are paid. But in Nigeria its not so. One has to sweat it out. You have to be rugged, turgid and resilient before you can make it.
I gave so many points as I analyzed why it is not that Nigerian youths are lazy but there is no good environment for early thriving business. After speaking, so many clapped for me oooo. But that was not what I came for. Though I ate the refreshment they brought because I was terribly hungry. After the program, I was walking out of the church gate with Boni when a man came to us and told me that someone wants to see. I asked who was that and he said I should just follow him. Boni told me to just follow him. I followed him. He took me to a very fine white Range Rover sports car. “Here is it, its my boss that wants to see you.” He said. The left glass side at the owners car side wind down. “Young man how are you,” the man inside said to me. I greeted him and told him I was fine. He didn’t even open the car for me to enter. Even if he did, as clean as the car is, can I even enter inside, fear go dey catch me sef make I no stain the Car because the man fit be Buhari brother. He asked me my name which I told him. He said he liked my comments during the concluded program and asked if I was a financial or entrepreneurial analyst. I told him I was just a primary school teacher. “Then you are really breading future great leaders,” he said. He said due to time and the place he was going, he would have loved to talk with me more. He gave me his complementary card and asked me to call him in the next 2 weeks when he would return from the U.S which he’s on his way to. I collected the card.
Two weeks later, I called and he invited me to a restaurant. I was surprised, not his office or house but a restaurant. When I got to the restaurant, the man sef get body guards. He was there before I came. We talked and he asked me some few questions about me which I told him. He didn’t tell me about himself. He said that was not necessary yet. After much talk, he dipped his right hand into his pocket and brought out N600 and gave to me. He asked me to go and buy him 3 chicken laps at a junction. I looked at the money because it was impossible to buy 3 chicken laps in Port Harcourt. He saw the look on my face as if he felt what I was thinking. He said I should collect the money because he frequents the place so I can buy 3 chicken laps for N600. I collected the money and off I went. Na so I begin find were dem dey sell 3 chicken laps for N600. I enter into another restaurant, some of the customer attendants would abuse me as if I came ridicule what they are selling. The cheapest price I saw was N4,000. Some na even N8,000 and N10,000. After trekking to long distances, I had about N4,300 in my pocket. And I thought within myself, I can’t just return to that man like that. And he’s rich. And the money with me, I want to give it to my wife. I had promised her that money in the morning before she left for work and that was the only money I have which was part of what boni lent to me. I used it to buy the 3 chicken laps. When I got to the restaurant, I couldn’t find the man and even his body guards sef. This one don turn to gobe. Na so I begin wait oooo, an hour gone, 2 hours and no sign of this man showing up. And I had no transport. I spent both the one he gave to me and the one I have in buying chicken laps, rapping paper and what was used in packaging it. I felt pained that I have been scammed. Seated in the restaurant, I saw people eating chicken laps. Shey chicken laps was inside the restaurant when I became a fool to run stupid errand for that man. I took the chicken laps to were I bought it if they would give me back my money but they refused it. So na only me and my family go finish that chicken laps. I thought about how my wife would tore me apart with words when I returned home without given her the money she requested. She has really tried. Both of us are trying but she contributes more and now she doesn’t have, I want to back her up. I had already promised her the money. I had to go out again and borrowed money from a friend. When I brought the chicken laps home. I watched as wife was handling one. She dey chop the thing na so I dey vex because that was what put me in another debt(gbese). I went to bed sad because as I would be receiving my salary for that month, it would be used to settle debt. I don’t know how and were to look for this man make I swear for him.

to be continued...
www.hovabuzz.com

4 Likes

Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by onismate: 8:09am On Jul 02, 2015
Few weeks later, I received a call from an anonymous number. The lady at the other end said that I was invited to their company for an interview which I never even applied for. But she called my name and even many details about me. Na so fear catch me. And the company is a big company in Nigeria and I was asked to come for interview in their headquarters in Lagos. But was surprised me most before the call was dropped was that the lady said I should come with fresh prepared port Harcourt chicken laps. I thought of it for once. An interview, that I should come with 3 freshly made chicken laps. Shey dis people no dey joke abi! I wondered. A day to the interview, I was still worried if I should travel to Lagos and I don’t have or know any close family member were I can sleep over in their place in Lagos. I thought about the chicken laps again. Abi this no be joke. Apparently, I am being fooled just like the previous incident. I changed my mind on going immediately but when I woke up early at about 2am the day of the interview, I wasn’t feeling too good. I was just moved to call the headmistress of my school, taking permission that I would be going somewhere which I was granted me. 5am, I borrowed N20,000 from my wife since I have used my salary to pay debt. I set out on the journey to Lagos. I got to the city By 10am and to the company by 11am after buying 3 chicken laps in Victoria island. Only for the gateman to tell me that there was no interview going on there. Chaiii, I felt like crying. I told him that I was called on the phone. The man sef no listen. As I was at the gate thinking of what to do and how to go back to Port Harcourt, I got a call from a number I didn’t save. The woman at the end told me that I should walk into the restaurant nearby. I started wondering, maybe be this was a scam and I was being kidnapped. I told the gateman about the call. “I no know ooo. That one na your business,” was what he replied me. I summon the courage and went to the restaurant with a straight face that anyone responsible for what am being going through, I would make sure he/she was arrested. As I entered the restaurant, a lady seated at one corner signaled to me to come. As I went to her, I wanted to start to para for this lady but I come cool down seeing the lovely ladies around her dressed corporately. Maybe that was were the interview was holding. I asked the lady if she was the one that first called me some days back but she said she wasn’t the one but one of the members of the HR team. She said I should sit and I sat. I told her that I had earlier gone to their headquarters close by and the gateman said that the company was not looking for workers. She said that indeed that was the instructions given to the gateman. But the vacancy was not made public. I watched as things became confusing to me. Something in me was telling me, “young man stand up and leave this place. You have been over fooled,” and another part of me was still telling me to still be patient.
“Were is the chicken laps,” the lady asked. I began wondering what ladies and the company are asking for chicken laps. Are they that hungry or broke. Or how am I sure that this was a set up to take chicken laps from me because all together they are 3 ladies seated. I asked them why they were requesting for the chicken laps. They said that was the instructions given to them. Na so I carry the 3 chicken laps give them. A voice in me said, “guy, you are just the fool.” Na so this ladies open the package come begin chop am. I was just watching. I don’t even know what to do, whether to react or still keep mute. One of the ladies asked me to tell the gateman at their office to give me 3 bottles of water. Chaiii, see insult, all because of say I dey look for work. I don’t know if I should stand up to go or stay. Everything was just being some how in my eyes. I checked my time and it was going 2:30pm and something was just telling me to stand up and go back to Port Harcourt.
I stood up and went out of the restaurant. I wanted to leave that vicinity but something told me to go and collect the water from the gateman because I saw him holding 3 bottles of water. At that time, I felt that might be a set up. I was about passing the gateman when I turned around and went to him. I told him what the ladies said, he gave the water and I went back to the restaurant only for me to discover that the ladies were no more there. I enquired from the waiters and waitress, they said had just gone out. As I was still standing there in shock, one of the waiters came towards me and handed me an envelop. I opened the envelop and read the content which said I have successfully passed the test and I should go and see the gateman. I was still gazing at the, when I looked up, a beautiful waitress was standing in front of me. She told me that her boss would love to meet with me. “Where is she?” I asked. She told me to go and see the gate man first. Well, na so I rush go meet the gateman. He allowed me in. Na so we climb elevator ooo. We got to the 4th floor and what looks like a conference room was were we entered. Na there I come meet the man that sent me 3 laps of chicken with N600. He’s apparently the boss of the huge company I have been hearing about. Immediately he saw me, “where is my chicken,” was what he said. He asked me to sit down. He said he admired my charisma. “Would you like to work with us,” he asked. Sure, who no like better thing. Why I no go wan work for that kind big company. I told him I would. That was how I got this job. Infact I was employed as an assistant financial officer and analyst in the company. My boss gave me a car and a house in Lagos. He even facilitated the transfer of my wife to Lagos because he said he is a friend to one of the owners of the bank. Na so my life change oooo. Thank God oooo.
This is the end of Job search ooo
http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1016-the-hillarious-and-adventurous-way-i-got-my-dream-job

8 Likes

Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by marshalcarter: 8:20am On Jul 02, 2015
Lolzzz....oboy...ur story funny ooo..abeg continue
But congrats!!!!

GOD don ans ur prayer
Bros...me sef dey fyn work oogrin

#spreads mat#sips alomo bitters#grin
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by adNEXT: 8:45am On Jul 02, 2015
OMG!! Even when you rejected the invitation for the seminar, circumstances brought you there. Thank God u pulled through, Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by owolabiza(m): 8:54am On Jul 02, 2015
wow, an inspiring story!!! it pays to be patient ooo who will send me chicken ooo?
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by henryvirus(m): 8:56am On Jul 02, 2015
Just one word. WAOH!!!
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by stepo707: 9:05am On Jul 02, 2015
Wow I read every piece of tis story.Te moral of te story is tat God's time is the best

1 Like

Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by UdohOby(f): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2015
This one na mission impossible part 3. Congrats oo!!!

1 Like

Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by olempe(m): 9:44am On Jul 02, 2015
I don't believe this story. undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by ukipet1: 10:10am On Jul 02, 2015
hmmmm, when is your time no devil can stop you
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by libertyfather(m): 10:46am On Jul 02, 2015
olempe:
I don't believe this story. undecided

Same here, was even thinking he will give reason for such interview, to me it doesn't make sense

1 Like

Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by Gegz(m): 10:53am On Jul 02, 2015
Whether true or not. Morale of the story: God's time is the best. Congrats OP. Where are my 3chicken laps too? grin

1 Like

Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by Jeromejnr(m): 11:15am On Jul 02, 2015
This was an interesting piece.
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by ruffp: 11:20am On Jul 02, 2015
OP, if this story is true, then big congrats. If it isn't, then trust me, u would make a great writer...
It captivated me totally.

1 Like

Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by Lovexme(m): 11:31am On Jul 02, 2015
Cool story.

A blockbuster Nollywood script in the making. tongue

1 Like

Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 02, 2015
Cool story. Obviously some facts don't add up. He left port harcourt by 5am and got to Lagos by 10 am and got to the company by 11am. 5 hours for a journey of that distance which wasn't preplanned isnt plausible.

Anyway, make me sef begin dey find who go send me chicken laps. grin

1 Like

Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by hasmuz(m): 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
This is a fiction right?

Anyway.... when God is ready, not even chicken laps can stop you grin

1 Like

Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by ebamma(m): 12:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
Cool story Bro, Cool story
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by obajoey(m): 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
God will indirectly direct our steps to bless us.

So many people will fail this kind of test oo, but the other part of you that was telling you to still endure and wait is the part of God to perfect His work.

#Godstillworkwonders
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by benedima1990(m): 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
Can I be this patient with all these processes if am the one.

If this story is true then I respect your charisma too ooooo

It's really God and not you because it's only one out of hundred that will pass this test

1 Like

Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by horlabiyi(m): 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
Space Booked
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by chudidonas(m): 2:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
Captivating story.
If things are not finally ok, then it is not the end.
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by CHM11: 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
Outstanding Humility is a virtue..... Every man desiring to grow must be extremely humble
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by Dannyset(m): 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
ruffp:
OP, if this story is true, then big congrats. If it isn't, then trust me, u would make a great writer...
It captivated me totally.
If u don't know Onismate as a good story teller, then, ur probably new on Nairaland. Go check his posts and topics. Find time to read his Malaysia story.
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by prelinctus: 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
I can't believe some people actually believed this crap.
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by ruffp: 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
Dannyset:

If u don't know Onismate as a good story teller, then, ur probably new on Nairaland. Go check his posts and topics. Find time to read his Malaysia story.

lol....
well, i hardly read such tho.
the guy is really good then.
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by Koolmexxi(m): 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
Dis one na story for the gods and people actually believed it... He woke up by 5am borrowed money and got to Lagos by 10 am all the way from Port Harcourt. Don't know why the guy books neva enta market yet.

1 Like

Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
IS THIS REAL?
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by nkem123(m): 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
onismate:
Few weeks later, I received a call from an anonymous number. The lady at the other end said that I was invited to their company for an interview which I never even applied for. But she called my name and even many details about me. Na so fear catch me. And the company is a big company in Nigeria and I was asked to come for interview in their headquarters in Lagos. But was surprised me most before the call was dropped was that the lady said I should come with fresh prepared port Harcourt chicken laps. I thought of it for once. An interview, that I should come with 3 freshly made chicken laps. Shey dis people no dey joke abi! I wondered. A day to the interview, I was still worried if I should travel to Lagos and I don’t have or know any close family member were I can sleep over in their place in Lagos. I thought about the chicken laps again. Abi this no be joke. Apparently, I am being fooled just like the previous incident. I changed my mind on going immediately but when I woke up early at about 2am the day of the interview, I wasn’t feeling too good. I was just moved to call the headmistress of my school, taking permission that I would be going somewhere which I was granted me. 5am, I borrowed N20,000 from my wife since I have used my salary to pay debt. I set out on the journey to Lagos. I got to the city By 10am and to the company by 11am after buying 3 chicken laps in Victoria island. Only for the gateman to tell me that there was no interview going on there. Chaiii, I felt like crying. I told him that I was called on the phone. The man sef no listen. As I was at the gate thinking of what to do and how to go back to Port Harcourt, I got a call from a number I didn’t save. The woman at the end told me that I should walk into the restaurant nearby. I started wondering, maybe be this was a scam and I was being kidnapped. I told the gateman about the call. “I no know ooo. That one na your business,” was what he replied me. I summon the courage and went to the restaurant with a straight face that anyone responsible for what am being going through, I would make sure he/she was arrested. As I entered the restaurant, a lady seated at one corner signaled to me to come. As I went to her, I wanted to start to para for this lady but I come cool down seeing the lovely ladies around her dressed corporately. Maybe that was were the interview was holding. I asked the lady if she was the one that first called me some days back but she said she wasn’t the one but one of the members of the HR team. She said I should sit and I sat. I told her that I had earlier gone to their headquarters close by and the gateman said that the company was not looking for workers. She said that indeed that was the instructions given to the gateman. But the vacancy was not made public. I watched as things became confusing to me. Something in me was telling me, “young man stand up and leave this place. You have been over fooled,” and another part of me was still telling me to still be patient.
“Were is the chicken laps,” the lady asked. I began wondering what ladies and the company are asking for chicken laps. Are they that hungry or broke. Or how am I sure that this was a set up to take chicken laps from me because all together they are 3 ladies seated. I asked them why they were requesting for the chicken laps. They said that was the instructions given to them. Na so I carry the 3 chicken laps give them. A voice in me said, “guy, you are just the fool.” Na so this ladies open the package come begin chop am. I was just watching. I don’t even know what to do, whether to react or still keep mute. One of the ladies asked me to tell the gateman at their office to give me 3 bottles of water. Chaiii, see insult, all because of say I dey look for work. I don’t know if I should stand up to go or stay. Everything was just being some how in my eyes. I checked my time and it was going 2:30pm and something was just telling me to stand up and go back to Port Harcourt.
I stood up and went out of the restaurant. I wanted to leave that vicinity but something told me to go and collect the water from the gateman because I saw him holding 3 bottles of water. At that time, I felt that might be a set up. I was about passing the gateman when I turned around and went to him. I told him what the ladies said, he gave the water and I went back to the restaurant only for me to discover that the ladies were no more there. I enquired from the waiters and waitress, they said had just gone out. As I was still standing there in shock, one of the waiters came towards me and handed me an envelop. I opened the envelop and read the content which said I have successfully passed the test and I should go and see the gateman. I was still gazing at the, when I looked up, a beautiful waitress was standing in front of me. She told me that her boss would love to meet with me. “Where is she?” I asked. She told me to go and see the gate man first. Well, na so I rush go meet the gateman. He allowed me in. Na so we climb elevator ooo. We got to the 4th floor and what looks like a conference room was were we entered. Na there I come meet the man that sent me 3 laps of chicken with N600. He’s apparently the boss of the huge company I have been hearing about. Immediately he saw me, “where is my chicken,” was what he said. He asked me to sit down. He said he admired my charisma. “Would you like to work with us,” he asked. Sure, who no like better thing. Why I no go wan work for that kind big company. I told him I would. That was how I got this job. Infact I was employed as an assistant financial officer and analyst in the company. My boss gave me a car and a house in Lagos. He even facilitated the transfer of my wife to Lagos because he said he is a friend to one of the owners of the bank. Na so my life change oooo. Thank God oooo.
This is the end of Job search ooo
http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1016-the-hillarious-and-adventurous-way-i-got-my-dream-job

Fiction!
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by tosynbolade(m): 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
Make my laptop enter inside water if I believe the story!!

1 Like

Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by omowolewa: 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
Super story!

Well, time and season makes life interesting.
Re: His Encounter And Weird Process He Got His Dream Job by iabdulrazaq(m): 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
picture or I dnt believe

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Exxonmobil Oil And Gas Careers Employment Opportunities USA / Sales Girl Needed At Okpanam Road Asaba / Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc Fresh Job Recruitment (7 Positions) - Latest Opening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.