Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,213 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job (38502 Views)

5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today / How To Get Your Dream Job In Nigeria: 10 Powerful Tips / Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Menaha(m): 12:45pm On Sep 03, 2015
This is a true life experience that happened to my friend who recently secured a job in one of the reputable companies in Nigeria. He's a graduate of mechanical engineering; he studied at FUTO. I was with him last week and he told me how he got the job - it was like a miracle or should i say a blessing from God. I was happy for him and i decided to share the experience with my fellow nlanders. It may be a lesson to us all.

I'm going to narrate the whole experience in his own words (i'm nt a good writer...plz pardon any error). Here it goes:

It was a beautiful tuesday: the day of my interview. I woke up early around 5am to get prepared. The interview was scheduled to hold by 11am, so i had enough time to prepare myself physically, mentally and spiritually...lol. I brushed my teeth, took my bath and prepared my breakfast. After eating, i immediately dressed up in my finest suit. My intention was not only to look presentable to my interviewer but also to look attractive to the female folks around my area. You can call me 'woman wrapper' but one thing is: i don't care.
By 7am, i was set to go. I initially wanted to board a taxi but checking the time, it would be a waste of money because i would still be on time even if i trek, besides the company is not too far from where i reside. Although my neighborhood is quite dangerous to be walking alone but that doesn't scare me.

I've walked for like 20 minutes when i sighted from afar a lexus jeep parked alongside the road. As i drew closer, i noticed a man standing beside it looking confused and worried. The man was also soliloquizing angrily. My instinct told me that maybe the man's jeep has broken and i was right. Seeing how worried the man was, i felt pity for him and decided to see if i can help. I approached the and inquired what was wrong with the jeep and he told me the problem. The problem was not a difficult one to me maybe being a mechanical engineer. Fortunately, the man has some tools, so i went to work but doing so carefully to avoid stains on my dress.

After like 30 minutes, the jeep was back to normal. The man gave a sigh of relief and was very happy. He gave me some money as an appreciation. Although i needed the money but i refused telling him i did it out of goodwill. He insisted but i still refused. He thanked me very much and zoomed off.

At this time, it was already 8am. I just walked directly to the company for my interview. To cut long story short, i was called to the office for the interview. I was about to greet my interviewer but was shocked when i saw him. Guess who? The same man i earlier help to repair his jeep. The man was suprised to see me. He was happy and thanked me again.

I ended up not being interviewed and was given the job. "just like that?" i thought to myself. I was suprised and happy.

It's been two months now and i'm enjoying my work and the company.

THE END.

So my people that's it. Hope we learnt something from this experience.
Drop your thoughts.

346 Likes 39 Shares

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
It is good to be good... You never know when your good act will come back to you........ Tho' i have heard about this same scenario a couple of times, but who says it cant keep happening?! Just be good to people and leave the rest to God. He NEVER disappoints.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by ficfic(m): 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2015
Is this suppose to be a story/movie or real life event.... Well, an act of kindness never goes unrewarded no matter how small.

...and I observed that the people that give more are always the people that have less....#BeKind

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
It is good to be good!

Above all, I'm happy that your kindness paid off for you. Others show kindness and regret it. But in all, do good and be prayerful.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by jazinogold(m): 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
waoh! mk I go dy look for jeep Wey don break down for my area help d owner fix m!

....mk e no sha go b gnld people jeep o!

see this bus Wey break down, mk I try fix m@pix

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by MzCorleone(f): 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nothing pays better than seeing the sincere happiness on someone's face and knowing you had something to do with it.

Its one of the best feelings. Indeed it pays to be good. grin

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by CivilzedTyger(m): 2:37pm On Sep 03, 2015
Eyaaah and if D guy for carry taxi he no 4 c d man o Poverty good sumtyms o grin

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Taiye4Christ(m): 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2015
God, abeg let make my next interviewer (for shell or Etisalat) jeep breakdown for road ooo.... Aswear, I go help am carry the jeep for head reach work grin grin grin

On a serious note now, I appreciate the fact that this guy helped out without expecting a reward. The beauty of it must be the shock and momentary loss registered on his face when he met this same interviewer at work.... Epic!

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by sugarvallly(f): 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
food wey person go chop e no go ever pass am

36 Likes

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by free2ryhme: 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2015
Menaha:
This is a true life experience that happened to my friend who recently secured a job in one of the reputable companies in Nigeria. He's a graduate of mechanical engineering; he studied at FUTO. I was with him last week and he told me how he got the job - it was like a miracle or should i say a blessing from God. I was happy for him and i decided to share the experience with my fellow nlanders. It may be a lesson to us all.

I'm going to narrate the whole experience in his own words (i'm nt a good writer...plz pardon any error). Here it goes:

It was a beautiful tuesday: the day of my interview. I woke up early around 5am to get prepared. The interview was scheduled to hold by 11am, so i had enough time to prepare myself physically, mentally and spiritually...lol. I brushed my teeth, took my bath and prepared my breakfast. After eating, i immediately dressed up in my finest suit. My intention was not only to look presentable to my interviewer but also to look attractive to the female folks around my area. You can call me 'woman wrapper' but one thing is: i don't care.
By 7am, i was set to go. I initially wanted to board a taxi but checking the time, it would be a waste of money because i would still be on time even if i trek, besides the company is not too far from where i reside. Although my neighborhood is quite dangerous to be walking alone but that doesn't scare me.

I've walked for like 20 minutes when i sighted from afar a lexus jeep parked alongside the road. As i drew closer, i noticed a man standing beside it looking confused and worried. The man was also soliloquizing angrily. My instinct told me that maybe the man's jeep has broken and i was right. Seeing how worried the man was, i felt pity for him and decided to see if i can help. I approached the and inquired what was wrong with the jeep and he told me the problem. The problem was not a difficult one to me maybe being a mechanical engineer. Fortunately, the man has some tools, so i went to work but doing so carefully to avoid stains on my dress.

After like 30 minutes, the jeep was back to normal. The man gave a sigh of relief and was very happy. He gave me some money as an appreciation. Although i needed the money but i refused telling him i did it out of goodwill. He insisted but i still refused. He thanked me very much and zoomed off.

At this time, it was already 8am. I just walked directly to the company for my interview. To cut long story short, i was called to the office for the interview. I was about to greet my interviewer but was shocked when i saw him. Guess who? The same man i earlier help to repair his jeep. The man was suprised to see me. He was happy and thanked me again.

I ended up not being interviewed and was given the job. "just like that?" i thought to myself. I was suprised and happy.

THE END.

Drop your thoughts.

nice story line

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by loomer: 3:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
Not all good deeds get rewards

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nice fiction .

7 Likes

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by dedons: 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
I'v watched this movie before...

Shebi na Emeka Ike be the guy and na Alex Osifo be the interviewer...

The title of the movie is "the good that men do"...

I watched it about 3yrs ago.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Jeromejnr(m): 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
Even though its good to do good.

I don't believe the story.

Even just by looking at the way you narrated the story in what you called your "friends own words". Nobody talks like that with word of mouth. Except written for a blog or something.

That reason alone gave you away.

15 Likes

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by omobah: 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
Menaha:

THE END.

Drop your thoughts.
Na story u dey fine period

2 Likes

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by YoursGEJ(m): 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
This thing we be like something wey obaghiagbon write. Soliloquyzingly?

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by tupacshakur(m): 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
I think it's really foolhardy to offer such strenuous, brawny and "oily" assistance to a stranger en route an interview of such magnitude.

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
The world is a really small place.
ThankGod for him...

2 Likes

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by tolexy007(m): 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
sugarvallly:
food wey person go chop e no go ever pass am
naso..babe you no bad ooo wink
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by adedayourt(m): 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
i ll comment after i don see oga seun comment too
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Inioluwa01(m): 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
OK

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Richie0974: 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
Lesson learnt: - Never bite the finger that feeds you.... grin
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by leshluap(m): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
Jhhhhhhh
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by siegfried99(m): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
Cool
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by aare07(m): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
Accept responsibility any where, any time that is crux of the matter
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Ask4bigneyo(m): 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
Don't be surprise if u see dis ur story in d next Nollywood movie...
Congrat to OP's Friend!
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Bacteriocin(m): 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
jazinogold:
waoh! mk I go dy look for jeep Wey don break down for my area help d owner fix m!

....mk e no sha go b gnld people jeep o!
grin
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by crystalike(m): 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
Thats true but that shouldn't discourage us from doing good anyway
loomer:
Not all good deeds get rewards

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by DICE234(m): 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
You see... it does pay to be Good. Happy 4 Him and Pray that our good deeds reward us and not come back to hunt us
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Admiral49(m): 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
Oh LORD help us nt to walk pass our Blessings . Do good witout expectin rewards n ur reward wil come...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Than 23,862 Npower Beneficiaries Disqualified And More To Follow+video / Elites Community Initiative (corps) Of Nigeria (ECI) / Food Concepts Plc (Chicken Republic) Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.