Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Former Benue Governor ‘suswam’ Arrested By UK Police For Wife Battery. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Former Benue Governor ‘suswam’ Arrested By UK Police For Wife Battery. (2211 Views)

Thief Congratulates Guinean Police For Arresting Him After He Stole N2M / UK Police Has Declared A Nigerian, Gbenga Ajibade, Wanted For Fraud Offences / Ex Governor Of Benue State. Gabriel Suswam Arrested In The UK For Bashing Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Benue Governor ‘suswam’ Arrested By UK Police For Wife Battery. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
[size=14pt]
Former Benue Governor ‘Suswam’ Arrested By UK Police For Wife Battery
[/size]
Gabriel Suswam, former Governor of Benue state, Nigeria was recently arrested by the Metropolitan police in the United Kingdom for alleged wife battery.
Suswam’s wife, Yemisi placed an emergency call to the police from their London luxury home to report that the embattled governor had physically assaulted her.
The former governor was then picked by the Metropolitian Police who held him at its London detention centre, before the resident judge set a £5,000 bail bound for him. Suswam paid the bail and was duly released.
Yemi said she and Suswam were arguing over his Mistress. The Mistresses name was simply given as ‘Shidoo’.
It is however unclear if Yemisi will drag Suswam to a UK court for battering her but if she does, the ex-governor could be jailed for about six months in the UK under the Persons Act of 1861 if found guilty.

nigeriapulse.com/former-benue-governor-suswam-arrested-by-uk-police-for-wife-battery/
CC: Afam4eva, Ikenna351

1 Like

Re: Former Benue Governor ‘suswam’ Arrested By UK Police For Wife Battery. by kingsley3218(m): 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2015
D clueless ex governor is no different from other benue men....wife beaters and cheats!!!

1 Like

Re: Former Benue Governor ‘suswam’ Arrested By UK Police For Wife Battery. by acenazt: 1:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
Send this Mofo to Jail already.

1 Like

Re: Former Benue Governor ‘suswam’ Arrested By UK Police For Wife Battery. by phrancys001(m): 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
Britain Vs naija law,naija law be like na wetin U do ur husband na U too ur mouth too sharp like raazor blade.

1 Like

Re: Former Benue Governor ‘suswam’ Arrested By UK Police For Wife Battery. by seunlayi(m): 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
Power for wife

1 Like

Re: Former Benue Governor ‘suswam’ Arrested By UK Police For Wife Battery. by danielblessing(m): 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
lol

1 Like

Re: Former Benue Governor ‘suswam’ Arrested By UK Police For Wife Battery. by terzurum5(m): 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
Orkpekyandega:
[size=14pt]
Former Benue Governor ‘Suswam’ Arrested By UK Police For Wife Battery
[/size]
Gabriel Suswam, former Governor of Benue state, Nigeria was recently arrested by the Metropolitan police in the United Kingdom for alleged wife battery.
Suswam’s wife, Yemisi placed an emergency call to the police from their London luxury home to report that the embattled governor had physically assaulted her.
The former governor was then picked by the Metropolitian Police who held him at its London detention centre, before the resident judge set a £5,000 bail bound for him. Suswam paid the bail and was duly released.
Yemi said she and Suswam were arguing over his Mistress. The Mistresses name was simply given as ‘Shidoo’.
It is however unclear if Yemisi will drag Suswam to a UK court for battering her but if she does, the ex-governor could be jailed for about six months in the UK under the Persons Act of 1861 if found guilty.

nigeriapulse.com/former-benue-governor-suswam-arrested-by-uk-police-for-wife-battery/
CC: Afam4eva, Ikenna351

More updates and details pls
[b][size=14pt]UK Police Arrest Former Benue State Governor, Gabriel Suswam, for Beating His Wife
[/size]By Tersoo Achineku
Gabriel Suswam, former Governor of Benue State might already be in a pot of boiling oil as Naij reports that the Metropolitan police in the United Kingdom arrested him recently for battering his wife.
After his arrest, the Metropolitan Police Domestic Violence Office initially held him at its London detention center before a resident judge set a £5,000 bail bound for him to be released.
Trouble started when his wife, Yemisi, placed a 911 call to the police from their London luxury home to report that Suswam had attacked her. According to Yemisi, she had challenged her husband after she’d found out about his secret relationship with a mistress, ‘Shidoo’.
Apparently angered by the accusation, Suswam allegedly went physical on her, prompting her to run for her dear life.
It was alleged Shidoo is beginning to gain more influence in the life of the ex-governor and as a result, Suswam, who has always attacked his wife, increased the tempo.
In fact, a close family source revealed that Suswam had plans to even marry Shidoo.
A family source described Shidoo as a very loving woman. “She was always helpful to the Benue people and that was what endeared her to our people. “She was always ready to help. If any Benue person needed something from the former governor, Shidoo was always ready to help”, he said.
Like most governors, Suswam also own a permanent home in London which he visits while in the office and have now relocated to, now that he has retired.
If found guilty, the ex-governor could be jailed for about six months in the UK under the Persons Act of 1861.
It was reported that the ex-governor sought refuge in the UK after he had ruled Benue state for eight years, in order to bar the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), from accessing him.[/b]

Ikenna351 do the needful.

Re: Former Benue Governor ‘suswam’ Arrested By UK Police For Wife Battery. by terzurum5(m): 7:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
kingsley3218:
D clueless ex governor is no different from other benue men....wife beaters and cheats!!!
You mean all Benue men cheat on and beat their wives? Hmmmmmmmmmmm what an unfair generalization. Wife abuse is not restricted to a particular state, region, tribe, race, country nor religion.
How I wish you knew that a few experience or an insignificant observation of a thing or members can not be a true representation of the whole .
Re: Former Benue Governor ‘suswam’ Arrested By UK Police For Wife Battery. by terzurum5(m): 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
acenazt:
Send this Mofo to Jail already.
No, that case is too small for him to go to jail for the various atrocities he has committed against the state (Nigeria) are too much for the small charges against him. I would rather they release him to come and face the bigger ones at home. Naija jail will surely serve him better for UK JAIL IS HEAVEN IN NIGERIA lol.

1 Like

Re: Former Benue Governor ‘suswam’ Arrested By UK Police For Wife Battery. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
[Color=#550000][b][size=14pt]
I Did Not Beat My Wife to Coma in UK – Suswam By Ameh Comrade Godwin
[/size]
Former governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswam has described as baseless the news making the rounds on the blogsphere that he was arrested in the United Kingdom for allegedly beating his wife, Yemisi to coma during a squabble.
A local blogger in the state claimed that Suswam who left the shores of Nigeria few days after handing over to Samuel Ortom reportedly injured his wife during the brawl which landed him in the police net.
In a swift reaction via his official Facebook account, the former governor called on the general public to disregard the rumour, saying that there’s no iota of truth in the story.
He posted, “my attention has been drawn to news making rounds on social media that I was arrested in London last week. That report is full of mischief and aimed at slandering me and my dear wife.
“Disregard any news about a squabble between me and my dear wife. We’re fine, enjoy your day.[/b][/color]
dailypost.ng/2015/07/02/i-did-not-beat-my-wife-to-coma-in-uk-suswam/
Re: Former Benue Governor ‘suswam’ Arrested By UK Police For Wife Battery. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
I Did Not Beat My Wife to Coma in UK – Suswam
By Ameh Comrade Godwin
[/size]
Former governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswam has described as baseless the news making the rounds on the blogsphere that he was arrested in the United Kingdom for allegedly beating his wife, Yemisi to coma during a squabble.
A local blogger in the state claimed that Suswam who left the shores of Nigeria few days after handing over to Samuel Ortom reportedly injured his wife during the brawl which landed him in the police net.
In a swift reaction via his official Facebook account, the former governor called on the general public to disregard the rumour, saying that there’s no iota of truth in the story.
He posted, “my attention has been drawn to news making rounds on social media that I was arrested in London last week. That report is full of mischief and aimed at slandering me and my dear wife.
“Disregard any news about a squabble between me and my dear wife. We’re fine, enjoy your day.[/b]

dailypost.ng/2015/07/02/i-did-not-beat-my-wife-to-coma-in-uk-suswam/

(1) (Reply)

Beware: A Criminal On The Run With Company Fund. / Save Nigerian Soldiers: Delete These Malicious Chinese Loan Apps / "Meet The Popular Pastor Who Steals Wives, Mothers And Sister" -Husbands Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.