Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

I Got A Job Offer But Want An Increase In The Salary. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Got A Job Offer But Want An Increase In The Salary. (1065 Views)

Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP / What Is The Salary Structure Of A Personal Assistant To A CEO? / Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got A Job Offer But Want An Increase In The Salary. by badboyphc: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hi Guys,

I recently got a Job offer from an Engineering Company for a Graduate Trainee position.

The offer states I will receive 150,000 as basic salary monthly for a period of 18 months.

I am not okay with the amount and want to request more from the HR before i accept the offer. what do you guys think?
Re: I Got A Job Offer But Want An Increase In The Salary. by ifeanyija(m): 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
But u accepted the job?
Re: I Got A Job Offer But Want An Increase In The Salary. by sammer4life(m): 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
So, you want us to tell you wat to do bah ?

Where person fit piss for here sef ?
Re: I Got A Job Offer But Want An Increase In The Salary. by badboyphc: 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
I have not accepted the offer yet. I have till Friday, Tomorrow to respond to the HR personell
Re: I Got A Job Offer But Want An Increase In The Salary. by ojun50(m): 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
If u think u worth more than that discuss with yr HRM and also put it in a written

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer But Want An Increase In The Salary. by stepo707: 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
why 18months? thought its 6months or at most 1year.....well it depends on you.you can renegotiate and if they still insist on that 150k you can take it.
Re: I Got A Job Offer But Want An Increase In The Salary. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hmmm!!! Some people are looking for even lesser pay while others have more than, and still feel reluctant to accept the pay.
Re: I Got A Job Offer But Want An Increase In The Salary. by LaurelP(m): 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2015
Actually, you're not supposed to accept that offer, neither are you supposed to reject it. Why? If you accept it just like that, you stand a chance of being short-payed. If you reject it, you've lost an opportunity that many graduates will die to have.

So what do you do?
Go there with a counter-offer! You can write them stating that you made a little research and found out that the amount is "below market rate" for the position. Then include a range in you're comfortable with.
They will call you for discussion, and from there they're likely to at least increase it.
Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer But Want An Increase In The Salary. by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 03, 2015
Did you discuss renumeration with them during interview? ?

If No, then the pay they offered you is most likely to be their GT scale because I don't think any company can offer you below what is due to you except during interview you went for a lower pay out of ignorance. ...
Re: I Got A Job Offer But Want An Increase In The Salary. by japhmanuel: 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
Just be content..u fit fvck urself up
Re: I Got A Job Offer But Want An Increase In The Salary. by calculator123(m): 9:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
Re: I Got A Job Offer But Want An Increase In The Salary. by Godskidmidas(m): 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
Aahan see shakara oo..oh boy grab am
Re: I Got A Job Offer But Want An Increase In The Salary. by calculator123(m): 9:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
u should b hapi u got a well paid job nd u still complaining except u are a masters holder in engrg.ps wat d company name so i can replace u if u decide to turn down the offer

(1) (Reply)

Bulk Document Printing Project, Proposal E.t.c / My 40k Weekly Job / Massive Discount On SAP Training - Become An SAP Consultant Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.