Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP (49990 Views)

UBA Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does UBA Pay Their Staff? / Diamond Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Staff? / Central Bank Of Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does CBN Pay Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Raffa(m): 8:24am On Aug 13, 2016
Cus i want to go into it

2 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by kelvine(m): 8:33am On Aug 13, 2016
First thing to ask shouldnt be how much you will earn.
Do you have passion for the job?
Can you handle fame and give away your private life ?
Will you take it up if pay is lower than your expectation ?
Practice by first learning to talk in public, make friends with an OAP eigther online or offline then start going for auditions.
Wish you success.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Raffa(m): 11:58pm On Aug 13, 2016
kelvine:
When you get the answer, mention me.
What you should also do is make friends with any one who works in a radio station so you get better info.
ok
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:21am On Aug 14, 2016
grin grin grin cool cool

1 Like

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Sexytemi(f): 7:21am On Aug 14, 2016
Would love to be an OAP some day , just love the job.
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Jalubarika(m): 7:21am On Aug 14, 2016
150--200k

21 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Ask4Info: 7:22am On Aug 14, 2016
OAPs have a standard salary structure of between N120,000 -N300,000 depending on the radio station, the programme, and the OAPs experience.

Note that these OAPs also work in other departments after their programs like Technical, Production, Programmes, Research and even Sales. Don't think they just close for the day after their show.

Senior Executives who are OAPs earn way more that what i quoted above.

OAPs who do shows have the privilege of getting one or two "popular" artiste to perform, while the radio station they work for gives them free or next to nothing platform to advertise their shows.

DON'T BE DECEIVED, ONLY A HANDFUL OF OAPs ARE DOING FINE. MAJORITY OF THEM LIVE FAKE LIFE.

I don't want to stir controversy by mentioning names

115 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by idu1(m): 7:22am On Aug 14, 2016
Wait let me ask freeze cheesy

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by smogup: 7:22am On Aug 14, 2016
smiley
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Drkul(f): 7:22am On Aug 14, 2016
Let me ask toolz cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Alexk2(m): 7:22am On Aug 14, 2016
Walk to the station and make quick friend with anyone on sight including the GM ....that's the best way to find out.
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by colossus2: 7:22am On Aug 14, 2016
It depends on your experience.
You can receive as low as 40k or 50k.
You can receive 70k or 80k.
You can receive 130k or 150k.
You can receive 200k and above too.

15 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 14, 2016
You mean radio presenters and dilectors

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by omololu2020(m): 7:23am On Aug 14, 2016
K
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by incredible6(m): 7:23am On Aug 14, 2016
The salary isn't all great, most oap needs to be extra good so they can gain other side jobs such as m.c contracts e.t

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by gbaskiboy: 7:24am On Aug 14, 2016
Freeze should answer this question

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Correspondence(m): 7:25am On Aug 14, 2016
Depends on radio station and salary package. Government radio stations pay less than 90k.
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Orikinla(m): 7:25am On Aug 14, 2016
Cool FM, Wazobia FM and Nigeria Info are among the best radio stations and the OAPs there are among the highest paid in Nigeria.
Other mushroom radio stations pay OAPs peanuts.
A young lady I know moved from Rainbow to Cool and became more popular with better salary and benefits and accommodation and won awards and got hitched too.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by rawpadgin(m): 7:25am On Aug 14, 2016
seems u don't have a passion 4 it

if u do u wouldn't mind if the salary is meagre or not

well, this is naija & it's all about the Benjamin

after all, who passion epp

3 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by colossus2: 7:25am On Aug 14, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
grin grin grin cool cool
You need to grow up dude.
You tend to post silly smiley upandan. You don't need to do that all the time.
I guess the just concluded Mr nairaland has given you a little courage to do so.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by tutsonf: 7:26am On Aug 14, 2016
I think the first step is to know what it takes to be a good and successful AOP. Then talk to experienced n successful AOPs. Find a role model and sign on for his/her mentorship. Start your career irrespective of the starting salary and work your way up. If you get better so will ur remuneration!

2 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by AntiWailer: 7:26am On Aug 14, 2016
Biafra Radio pays velly well

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by SWORD419(m): 7:26am On Aug 14, 2016
be grateful u've gotten the job, salary dont matters provided it can feed anr provide shelter to u, just work hrad, day by day after ur promotions, u'll be suprised

2 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by fagbohun4j(m): 7:27am On Aug 14, 2016
You don't like the job, because if you do, you won't be after what they get as salary. If tou want the truth, here it is, OAP dont get much dough at the end of the month unless you are popular or working in a well paying entertainment institution. Go for the job if yu really love it.

I rest my case.
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by MandingoXXX: 7:27am On Aug 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by TDonald: 7:27am On Aug 14, 2016
Minimum wage 18k

6 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by buharisbae(f): 7:32am On Aug 14, 2016
As a beginner you'll be paid 80-90k then gradually within a year you'll be paid 150-200k

I'm saying based on wazobia FM I dunno about the rest!

3 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by kingvectorv(m): 7:35am On Aug 14, 2016
ask God na him know everything not nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by tukdi: 7:36am On Aug 14, 2016
undecided Ask freeze!

The salary might not be much BUT you will have other avenues of making money legally as an OAP!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by passionate88: 7:36am On Aug 14, 2016
When you enter, you go know

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Officers Declared Wanted For Insulting Ibrahim Idris Police IG In Public. Photos / HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD / BAT Nigeria Salary Scale: Salary Of British American Tobacco PLC Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.