Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Femi Joins Everton. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Femi Joins Everton. (717 Views)

Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 12th September 2015 / Everton Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 26th April 2015 / Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 6) On 30th August 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Femi Joins Everton. by StFunmi(f): 12:11am On Mar 04, 2009

Nigerian youngster, Orenuga, joins Everton

NIGERIA-BORN Southend United youngster, Femi Orenuga, has completed a move to Premier League side, Everton, for an undisclosed transfer fee.

The 15-year-old winger, who became the youngest ever player to play for the Shrimpers when he came on as a substitute in the FA Cup victory over Luton in November, has signed scholarship terms at Goodison Park after Southend accepted an undisclosed fee.

"I'm really excited about the move," Orenuga told Southend's official website. "When I went to Everton I saw how many youth players had gone through into the first team and I think I will have a better chance with them than some of the other sides who were interested.

"I will be sad to leave as I have really enjoyed my time at Southend and (Head of Youth) Ricky Duncan and (Academy Manager) Luke Hobbs have really brought the best out of me. But it was too good an opportunity to turn down; I might never get another chance to prove myself at a Premier League side."

Duncan added: "Obviously, we are disappointed to lose someone of his talent, but we couldn't stand in Femi's way. A good youth policy produces players for the first team and sells players to other sides."

Orenuga was born on March 18, 1993, and joined Southend United in 2006, after he impressed the club following his recommendation by an agent. He became the youngest player to appear for Southend United when he came on as a 93rd minute substitute in their 3-1 victory over Luton Town in the FA Cup second round on November 29, 2008.

Orengua has often been likened to another up and coming youngster, at the successful centre of excellence, by the name of Julian Okai.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/mar/3/9.html
Re: Femi Joins Everton. by MrCrackles(m): 12:13am On Mar 04, 2009
Brilliant

But i honestly think these kids have a better chance at lower league clubs, especially at that sort of age!

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News.barca Success Has Killed Four People In Port Harcourt / English Premier League Opener For Next Season(liv Vs Ars) / Liverpool Vs West Ham [3 - 0] On Sat 20th November 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.