Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Interpretation Of The Biblical Eye Of The Needle - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interpretation Of The Biblical Eye Of The Needle (464 Views)

Interpretation Of Tongues Spoken In "Way Maker" By Sinach / Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interpretation Of The Biblical Eye Of The Needle by Topman0001(m): 7:21pm On Jul 03, 2015
[b][/b][i][/i] The bible says it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. Years back when i was in school, a lecturer of mine who is a pastor that had pHD in bible theology explained that the bible was first written in Greek and literarilly interpreting the word "needle eye" it means the smaller part of the gate that they open for pedestrans when the large gate was locked. U know in those days cities used to be fenced for security purposes. They only open the big gate on some few remarkable days like when they want to go for war or special anniversaries or festivals. Any traveler who wants to travel with a camel on one of the ordinary days, would have to beg people to help him push the camel through the needle eye i.e small gate, preferably people travel with horses or donkeys. Practically we all know that it is not possible for a camel to pass through the ordinarry needle we use. If the bible meant the ordinarry needle, believe me, if you're not completely poooooorrr, you won't make heaven.
Re: Interpretation Of The Biblical Eye Of The Needle by horlarwhalhe: 9:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
What will now happen to our pastors with jeep,private jet etc can u explain that
Re: Interpretation Of The Biblical Eye Of The Needle by Topman0001(m): 10:38am On Jul 04, 2015
horlarwhalhe:
What will now happen to our pastors with jeep,private jet etc can u explain that
Nothing happens, some of them were delibrately blessed by God. There are rich men in the bible and yet they made heaven. Example is father Abraham in whose heart the soul of the poor Lazarus rested.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Sinner / How True Is This? / A Visible Vision Of Rapture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.