Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend (4393 Views)

Lady Who Survived Tragic Trailer Accident Narrates Her Ordeal. Photos / My Ordeal With Customs And Quarantine Officers At Emirates Airline Desk MMIA / My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend by ConfessionsNgr: 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
I am so confused right now and I do not know what to do or how to go about this. I recently discovered this site and I appreciate the confidentiality here. Although, none of what I'm going through is my fault, but I know some people will heap the blame on me. Before my ordeal started, I was a 300 level student of Political science at the Ambrose Alli University in Ekpoma. Sometime ago, a friend of mine came to me with a proposal that we should both travel abroad using road. There was this friend of ours who is now in Holland who had traveled by road to Spain, from where he now moved to Holland. We all grew up in the same neighborhood and have been friends since our secondary school days. In the past one year we had seen how this friend of ours changed the life of his family and how successful he had become. For those of us who grew up in our neighborhood in Benin, travelling abroad has always been our ultimate goal, so when my friend came to me with this idea I didn’t waste time in jumping at it. I was already tired of life in Nigeria and we have always believed that travelling to Europe; we would be able to make it within a short time. So when my friend came up with this idea, I was interested, although I was a bit skeptical because we had no money. But about two weeks later, my friend came to me one night and said if I am with him I should get ready, that we are leaving the next day. I told him that was so sudden that why did he look like he was running? He now told me that he had already sold his father’s car to raise money for both of us and that he cannot go back home again because his father is already looking for him with police so we had to move quickly. That was how we embarked on a trip to Europe by road with the guidance of our friend in Holland who had done the same journey before. The Journey from Nigeria through to Niger was smooth and uneventful, until we entered the desert. We were told beforehand that the desert was the most dangerous part of the journey and that it will take 3 days for us to successfully cross the desert to Taramaset in Algeria so we were told to brace ourselves up for eventuality as we will be travelling only at night because of border patrols. Two days into our journey in the desert, we were attacked by the Tuaregs (A group of armed bandits who specializes in robbing people in the desert), My friend was shot in the leg and badly injured because he had resisted them when they wanted to collect the whole money we were travelling with. After the robbery, we were left with nothing and my friend was badly injured. With no hospital in sight and since we couldn’t stop the bleeding, he died before we could get to Taramaset. I was so devastated because I knew this could mean trouble for me. I and the rest of us travelling had to bury him in the desert before we entered Algeria. I became stranded in Algeria and without money. I had to resort to doing menial jobs to survive. When I was able to call home, my younger sister said that my friend’s father had brought police to our house that it was me that deceived his son to sell his car and travel by road. I couldn’t even tell her then that my friend was dead. How could I? I became devastated at this point and the thought of going back home without my friend almost killed me. It was then I resolved either to continue the journey or remain indefinitely in Algeria. Our friend in Holland on his part tried to ferry me from Algeria to Europe on three occasions but with no success. I am really suffering here in Algeria with no money trying to survive and I am tired of being a beggar in a strange land so I have resolved to go back home to Nigeria but my fear now is that how am I going to back home without my friend and how am I going to explain to his parents how he died without them accusing me of killing him. I am really confused right now and I am afraid I might be arrested and jailed by the police when they get to know what happened. Please advise me on what to do. I have lost a friend, and lost my life.

Posted anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com
http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/122/europe-by-road-my-ordeal-and-death-of-a-friend
Re: Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend by HungerBAD: 9:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
You lay your bed, so sleep on it.

2 Likes

Re: Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend by wealthyguyman(m): 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
Touching

Call his parent and inform them.

I can't see why they will blame u for his death.

May u return safely
Re: Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend by Behira(f): 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nice write up
Re: Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend by kayslimshady(m): 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
Sad...
Re: Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend by ghanaman5050: 12:09am On Jul 04, 2015
Painful . Get rich or die trying .
Re: Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend by coolhamid(m): 7:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
marshalcarter:
So wat do you want us to do@the moment undecided

Anyway...dats ur business
Dude ,that's kinda harsh..

@op, You and your friend gat to do who you gotta do to survive because Nigeria is a shithole .. It's called survival of the fittest but unfortunately your friend couldn't survive it.
I would advice you to come home and face the challenges involve..
You would be risking your live if you chose to stay in Algeria because those Arabs can be beast sometimes.

Come home, talk to your friend's parents .. Be honest when talking to them, God will see you true..

2 Likes

Re: Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend by stello(f): 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
ConfessionsNgr:
I am so confused right now and I do not know what to do or how to go about this. I recently discovered this site and I appreciate the confidentiality here. Although, none of what I'm going through is my fault, but I know some people will heap the blame on me. Before my ordeal started, I was a 300 level student of Political science at the Ambrose Alli University in Ekpoma. Sometime ago, a friend of mine came to me with a proposal that we should both travel abroad using road. There was this friend of ours who is now in Holland who had traveled by road to Spain, from where he now moved to Holland. We all grew up in the same neighborhood and have been friends since our secondary school days. In the past one year we had seen how this friend of ours changed the life of his family and how successful he had become. For those of us who grew up in our neighborhood in Benin, travelling abroad has always been our ultimate goal, so when my friend came to me with this idea I didn’t waste time in jumping at it. I was already tired of life in Nigeria and we have always believed that travelling to Europe; we would be able to make it within a short time. So when my friend came up with this idea, I was interested, although I was a bit skeptical because we had no money. But about two weeks later, my friend came to me one night and said if I am with him I should get ready, that we are leaving the next day. I told him that was so sudden that why did he look like he was running? He now told me that he had already sold his father’s car to raise money for both of us and that he cannot go back home again because his father is already looking for him with police so we had to move quickly. That was how we embarked on a trip to Europe by road with the guidance of our friend in Holland who had done the same journey before. The Journey from Nigeria through to Niger was smooth and uneventful, until we entered the desert. We were told beforehand that the desert was the most dangerous part of the journey and that it will take 3 days for us to successfully cross the desert to Taramaset in Algeria so we were told to brace ourselves up for eventuality as we will be travelling only at night because of border patrols. Two days into our journey in the desert, we were attacked by the Tuaregs (A group of armed bandits who specializes in robbing people in the desert), My friend was shot in the leg and badly injured because he had resisted them when they wanted to collect the whole money we were travelling with. After the robbery, we were left with nothing and my friend was badly injured. With no hospital in sight and since we couldn’t stop the bleeding, he died before we could get to Taramaset. I was so devastated because I knew this could mean trouble for me. I and the rest of us travelling had to bury him in the desert before we entered Algeria. I became stranded in Algeria and without money. I had to resort to doing menial jobs to survive. When I was able to call home, my younger sister said that my friend’s father had brought police to our house that it was me that deceived his son to sell his car and travel by road. I couldn’t even tell her then that my friend was dead. How could I? I became devastated at this point and the thought of going back home without my friend almost killed me. It was then I resolved either to continue the journey or remain indefinitely in Algeria. Our friend in Holland on his part tried to ferry me from Algeria to Europe on three occasions but with no success. I am really suffering here in Algeria with no money trying to survive and I am tired of being a beggar in a strange land so I have resolved to go back home to Nigeria but my fear now is that how am I going to back home without my friend and how am I going to explain to his parents how he died without them accusing me of killing him. I am really confused right now and I am afraid I might be arrested and jailed by the police when they get to know what happened. Please advise me on what to do. I have lost a friend, and lost my life.

http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/122/europe-by-road-my-ordeal-and-death-of-a-friend

You will hav to brace up and return home, God sees your heart and will exonerate you anyhow
Re: Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend by amii131(f): 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
I think if you dont have any advise for this young man you leave the thread instead of advising ur abusing......some people sef

1 Like

Re: Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend by seunny4lif(m): 11:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
ConfessionsNgr:

Op,my advice for u is to listen to ur own heart and don't let people make decision for u.....I experience something like this in Agadez and I face my music all by myself for 5months,likewise so many guys too.....Either u go back to Nigeria or U continue the journey choose one.

Gudluck

2 Likes

Re: Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend by marshalcarter: 10:31am On Jul 05, 2015
coolhamid:
Dude ,that's kinda harsh..

@op, You and your friend gat to do who you gotta do to survive because Nigeria is a shithole .. It's called survival of the fittest but unfortunately your friend couldn't survive it.
I would advice you to come home and face the challenges involve..
You would be risking your live if you chose to stay in Algeria because those Arabs can be beast sometimes.

Come home, talk to your friend's parents .. Be honest when talking to them, God will see you true..
And you expect her friend's father to blv her nd let her go Scot free....it aint possible
They've not gone and the father was lookin for them...now both of them left...nd she's the only 1 dat return nd when the father ask of his son..she told him his son is dead...wat do you expect the father to do
Sing nd merry with her as daughter-in-law??

OP...berra stay whr you are...unless you wanna die or go to jail

3 Likes

Re: Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2015
Guy u be EKPA.. Big one.. 300level na im u drop to go risk ur life so o. Had it been u had some goody goody waiting for u there already and you used air e for make sense. Atleast nobody go reason say ur village people da knock ur doll baby for villa... Mhen u done shit for church, just remain there until u get sense.. I for tel u to go better church go pray buh algeria is a muslim country so stay there until una village witches done forget u, den u fit trek dae come back to naija..

2 Likes

Re: Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend by onatisi(m): 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
A similar incident happened to a group of ppl in gabon , what the friends did was to call nigeria and inform them that one of their friends refused to stay with them and had left for nigeria .so they should find out if he got home alive and in good health .

2 Likes

Re: Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
You have no choice but to come home and then you tell your friend's parent all what transpired.

(1) (Reply)

Terminal Navigation Charges: We Were Betrayed, Says Arik! / Man Shares His Look Before And After Leaving Nigeria.(photo) / Nigerians In The Netherlands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.