Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) (16792 Views)

Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" / Learn The Hidden Secret Of Organic Cream Making And Pro-making / Ten Must-haves For Every Classy Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by oluwadamilolah(f): 11:40am On Jul 16, 2015
@touchofcee, yes. thanks kiss
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by touchofcee(f): 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
maureensylvia:
pls how much is a makeover artist fee for bridal makeup?

Pls call or whatsapp 08034997429 for info. Thanks
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by touchofcee(f): 1:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
Nneka123:
Yay Make up cheesy grin

I need a good bronzer, recommend anyone for me

Milani face bronzer, Mac gold deposit is the best face bronzer I know.. Tho it's expensive.8k
Then Zaron face definer comes with a bronzer in it sells for 3k
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by touchofcee(f): 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
Joavid:

Especially real technique. Good stuff.

I totally agree with you on this.. Tho good brushes are really expensive. Real technique is a good investment when it comes to brushes.
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by marieolae(f): 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
They're good quality cheap brushes that will do the job just as good. smiley
touchofcee:

I totally agree with you on this.. Tho good brushes are really expensive. Real technique is a good investment when it comes to brushes.
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
oluwadamilolah:
I don't know much about makeup, but I admire ladies on good makeup.

Please recommend any good and affordable powder that'll last longer and gives a natural look.

What colour of eye pencil (for eye brow) should I get

Concealer, foundation or primer which one is most important for a smooth face? Thanks

To add to what touchofce has said
For your brows, get davis pencil colour 018.

Jordana and black opal powders give natural looks. Most pressed powders do.

Get a concealing foundation from classic or jordana for flawless smooth face look.

If you have an oily face, you'll have to get a primer too.

Jordana, classic, and black opal are affordable products.
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by oluwadamilolah(f): 6:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
Joavid:

To add to what touchofce has said
For your brows, get davis pencil colour 018.

Jordana and black opal powders give natural looks. Most pressed powders do.

Get a concealing foundation from classic or jordana for flawless smooth face look.

If you have an oily face, you'll have to get a primer too.

Jordana, classic, and black opal are affordable products.
thanks kiss

1 Like

Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by Fialm: 9:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
If I may ask Op wat is bronzer and difener for?
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by touchofcee(f): 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
Fialm:
If I may ask Op wat is bronzer and difener for?

Face definer is a darker shade of powder used to contour the face.. Bronzer is used to give the cheeks a bit of glow.. Some makeup artists also use a bronzer to highlight the nose

1 Like

Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by Elegantdiva: 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
I wish i could learn dis .... I like been natural ....Even thou i need alili change on my face.. how do i strt?
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by Ama80(f): 9:21am On Jul 26, 2015
touchofcee:

Face definer is a darker shade of powder used to contour the face.. Bronzer is used to give the cheeks a bit of glow.. Some makeup artists also use a bronzer to highlight the nose
does bronzer comes in diff shades.i hav one by Jordana golden n shinny.how do I apply it.also aftr foundation,which powder do I apply to stabilize my look.
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by aniwilz(f): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
my face is always oily..makeup doesn't last on my face..what do you suggest I use
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by Adebimpegold(f): 12:33am On Oct 24, 2015
I want to know about using makeup setting spray on Nigerian brides. does it really help hold the makeup in place all day considering the temperate. and what product do you recommend. I had a really nasty time with the last bride I did. that was a little more than a week ago. It was a really hot day; I had to touch her up again
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by Rubyventures: 11:24am On Oct 27, 2015
Adebimpegold:
I want to know about using makeup setting spray on Nigerian brides. does it really help hold the makeup in place all day considering the temperate. and what product do you recommend. I had a really nasty time with the last bride I did. that was a little more than a week ago. It was a really hot day; I had to touch her up again

Mac spray fix is very good you should try that.
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by calisha555(f): 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Thank you totally.. I have seen the pictures.

Wel done for ur Gud work I won't mind if u wil send to me too
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by Adebimpegold(f): 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2015
Rubyventures:

Mac spray fix is very good you should try that.

you mean M.A.C prep+prime? I think that is actually a finishing spray; to take away the cakiness after makeup. it does add fine moist rather than fix-set the makeup, if I'm not mistaken
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by Enesth(f): 10:17pm On Oct 29, 2015
please which powder is best for a matte finish, pressed or loose powder?
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by marylandcakes: 11:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
Adebimpegold:

you mean M.A.C prep+prime? I think that is actually a finishing spray; to take away the cakiness after makeup. it does add fine moist rather than fix-set the makeup, if I'm not mistaken

No its not pep and prime, its the fix plus spray.
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by marylandcakes: 11:58pm On Oct 29, 2015
Enesth:
please which powder is best for a matte finish, pressed or loose powder?

I think loose powder is better and gives a better matte finish with a good powder brush. (My opinion I'm no make up expert).
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by Rubyventures: 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2015
Adebimpegold:

I think it is fix plus, Pep and prime is used before makeup.
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by velufisan: 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2016
DO YOU NEED A CHANGE OF FINANCIAL
STATUS? DO YOU DESIRE A CHANGE OF LEVEL
WITH JUST A MINIMAL INVESTMENT ?
Are you a Retiree, Youth Corps member (NYSC},
House wife, or Student? Do you desire an
income raise even as a paid employee? Do you love surfing the Web and would like to know how to make money online? I know
that feeling when you're in debt and you use
one "gbese" to cover another....lol.
Moreover, Do You Have the Following?
1. A BANK ACCOUNT ( Current or Savings)
2. 2 FRIENDS YOU WANT TO HELP
3. N6,600 ($40)?
If you have the above listed items and you
want to take a risk like I did to succeed, put
your comment across in this group and I will
show you how to turn N6,600 to Millions in
simple basic steps.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS NET WORKING BUT A
SIMPLE ONE TO DO. NO SELLING OF
PRODUCTS, JUST SERVICES. NO REJECTION, NO
FAILURE! NO EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED.
This is an opportunity that empowers you so
you can empower others and be happy for the
rest of your life. (Thank me later, but lets be
serious first).
Note, If you're not interested, you need not
comment at all.
ONLY INTERESTED PEOPLE SHOULD COMMENT.
Please do not drop your number here for
security reasons but just add me to your
whatsappor call me for more information or click on show number button]. You can as well
send a private message to me through my
message box.
While you're reading jokes and wasting your
precious data and time on Facebook, some
other people are living their lives and dreams.
Take heed now; get serious so you can forge
ahead. Take this opportunity now!!!
I love you and I want to see you at the top as
well.

Whatzaap: 07085276168
Call: 08117114611
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by Gigihealth: 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
How to clean makeup brushes? having the knowledge on how to clean our makeup brushes is a very important since it is a task we need to perform so as to prevent and stop the spread of bacteria across your face. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/how-to-clean-makeup-brushes-makeup-brushes/
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by chachabae(f): 4:17pm On Aug 19, 2017
A perfect touch of bronzing pearls gives that little extra of terracota shade which provides natural glow, beautiful radiance for everyday look......
Giordani Bronzing Pearls is one of our most sought out product.

Place your orders today
Distributors needed nationwide.

Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by AbbynHummy(f): 3:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
how can I get this bronze pearls, and can a dark person use it
Re: MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) by PumpumPrince: 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2022
aniwilz:
my face is always oily..makeup doesn't last on my face..what do you suggest I use

helo how much please ? wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HELP! How Can I Darken My Skin Plsssss?? / Oluchi & Agbani Darego Shine In New Photoshoot / 14-Year-Old Nigerian Fashion Designer Debuts In London & Florida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.