Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us (59960 Views)

8 Words We Pronounce Wrongly Everyday – Everyone Is Guilty Of No 5 / How Do You Pronounce These Words? / 95% Will Pronounce This Number Wrongly.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by Lalaland1(f): 8:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
I missed five words... Its that less than 90 percent
?
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by Drabrah(m): 8:22pm On Jul 05, 2015
Yeah!
Buh u 4got 2 mention dat u cannot lock ur screen on Z10 (wc is also a 4m of security breech as any1 can see any info frm ur device)
Also, wen dialing a No, android gives u suggestions based on ur call log or contact buh on Z10 u doesn't av dat feature
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by Sholah96(m): 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
I can become a rapster with dis
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by Kceezie: 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
April07:
Wow! This is a really beautiful piece! cheesy

And... I read the whole poem without pausing.. yup! I didn't mix up any word lipsrsealed

Bad asss grin

Lol. If U did u wldnt be the first to comment
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by alexasomba(m): 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2015
DrDxtrz:

make we here am undecided

68% shocked lemme hear it undecided

LOL i'd rate myself 60% .. attached a url to my vn grin ( NL wont let me upload .amr voicenote )
cc alexasomba
..follow link

http://www.filedropper.com/voicenote

Wow, I'm impressed with the extent you took it, I believe the little things matter. Pronunciation might seem insignificant and that might be true but it is one of those little things that matter.

I like your zeal bro, we should all measure ourselves like you and consciously work towards improving our pronunciation.

It takes guts to score one's self low in public the way you did. Dissatisfaction comes before improvement. People like you make progress bro!
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by ugoezeik(m): 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
April07:

And... I read the whole poem without pausing.. yup! I didn't mix up any word lipsrsealed

Bad asss grin
so wat r u claiming nau ehhh? engrish masta ehh? my frnd go sidon.
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by alexasomba(m): 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
Ifedikaycee:
Wow Now this is FP material!!!! lovely
Wow, thanks bro!
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by Jessevictor(m): 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
Bravo!! that was INSPIRATIONAL
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by DonXavi(m): 9:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
Nice poem.
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by tspaqs(f): 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2015
Did it!
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by DrDxtrz: 10:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
alexasomba:

Wow, I'm impressed with the extent you took it, I believe the little things matter. Pronunciation might seem insignificant and that might be true but it is one of those little things that matter.

I like your zeal bro, we should all measure ourselves like you and consciously work towards improving our pronunciation.

It takes guts to score one's self low in public the way you did. Dissatisfaction comes before improvement. People like you make progress bro!

Haha true..
So what would u score me?
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by DrDxtrz: 10:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
Lalaland1:
I missed five words... Its that less than 90 percent
?

Hmmm make a vn let's hear it..

Here is mine cheesy
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by Lalaland1(f): 11:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
DrDxtrz:

Hmmm make a vn let's hear it..

Here is mine cheesy
how do i go about it
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by Ladycloud(f): 11:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
Nice one !yeaah, Yes don't sound like yell... lol... I enjoyed it
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by Ladycloud(f): 11:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
Nice one !yeaah, Yes, don't sound like yell... lol... I enjoyed it
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by DrDxtrz: 11:43pm On Jul 05, 2015

Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by pazienza(m): 11:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
Trash! Let the English come and learn my Igbo words and pronunciations!

It's enough that I can communicate freely with English, anything else is no concern of mine, to hell with this mental slavery.
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by Lalaland1(f): 11:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
DrDxtrz:

just record using ur phone recorder, record and visit filedropper.com, upload it there and just drop the link here, or try uploading on NL, dint work for me though, might work for you smileysmiley

lol how? >
ok tomorrow. Its late and eerily quiet here
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by ExInferis(m): 11:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
April07:

Bad asss grin

oh no, we dont believe, rhymes with sieve and then leave
buyer, liar, pants on fire
you read and paused, verbal menopause
so stop lying or go home crying
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by DrDxtrz: 12:01am On Jul 06, 2015
Lalaland1:
ok tomorrow. Its late and eerily quiet here

ok.. wont rest until i listen to your piece grin
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by mikolo80: 12:05am On Jul 06, 2015
April07:

Bad asss grin
don't believe ye oontil ah hearr a recohding
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by soulfood(m): 1:16am On Jul 06, 2015
Get Promoted as an entertainer. Get performance opportunities. Get Seen and Heard. Get Paid for Your Talent.

Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by mrkings84(m): 3:06am On Jul 06, 2015
AfricanApple:
What's difficult there undecided
U just proved u have no clue of the pronunciations....

Something that even hard a prof. like me!
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by Hardaeluxie(m): 9:05am On Jul 06, 2015
pomporiking:
Anyone who claims to have pronounced the words correctly is a liar
Surely u cn't compare ur own potential to others'
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 06, 2015
April07:

Bad asss grin

Greatest liar of all time. I bet u can pronounce this too: Xanthosis, without looking at the dictionary. Hypocrite
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by free37: 9:15am On Jul 06, 2015
English......
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by daveP(m): 9:15am On Jul 06, 2015
I did succeed cheesy

lemme call others if they can...

Cc: Tashaamania, Kingtom, Mizmycoli
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by Godiskind: 10:06am On Jul 06, 2015
This is wonderful! If not that u posted this and I consulted my dictionary, I would have also asked what is difficult in the pronunciation, I wouldn't have know that victual sounds like vital. That is the same way one pronounces vital is exatly the way victual is pronounced. Thank u for that.
alexasomba:

There is this word I was sure I couldn't pronounce correctly when I read the poem. It is "victual" transcribed as \ˈvi-təl\. It is sounds more like "vital" and that got me scratching my head.

Anyone can read but not everyone can pronunce words correctly.
Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by KingTom(m): 10:27am On Jul 06, 2015
daveP:
I did succeed cheesy

lemme call others if they can...

Cc: Tasha. amania, King tom, Miz. mycoli

Succeeded yesterday cool

1 Like

Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by April07: 10:35am On Jul 06, 2015
cousjwhite:

Greatest liar of all time. I bet u can pronounce this too: Xanthosis, without looking at the dictionary. Hypocrite

You didn't have to be insultive, child.

Run along now. Don't do that again.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us by pomporiking: 10:39am On Jul 06, 2015
Hardaeluxie:
Surely u cn't compare ur own potential to others'

I am stating the obvious fact that no one can pronounce all the words correctly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wealthy Overseas Nigerian Students Fight Over Whose Dad Is The Richest / UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested / 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.